Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

ChelseaCates Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2011 8:03:20 AM(UTC)
ChelseaCates

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I am not real sure where to post this question so i'm just gonna give it a shot on here.. I am using my gypsy (which I am EXTREMELY new at..) and I am using the doodle charm cartridge to make a reindeer. When you do Shift reindeer it has the face and the nose.. is there anyway I can delete either the face or the nose on the gypsy so that i'm not wasting paper because I obviously don't want my nose brown and vise versa with the face red. extremely sorry if I confused anyone.. but any help is GRATELY appreciated! (:
Caffinee Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, November 18, 2011 8:10:42 AM(UTC)
Caffinee

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1005 time(s) in 630 post(s)
hi - it sounds like you are trying to hide features.. which can be done on the gypsy. I'm not the greatest at explaining Blushing so don't want to confuse you..

I would suggesting going to youtube and search "gypsy hide/contour." I have found a lot of useful youtube videos
Izzy Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 19, 2011 2:28:11 AM(UTC)
Izzy

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 232 post(s)
I don't have that cart but if both the nose and face are one cut then I don't think you can delete or hide either of them...but you could try positioning the images on your virtual mat so that only the one you want cuts out of the cardstock you've placed on the real mat..and the other cuts out of some plain white scrap card which you've added to save the blade cutting the bare mat... it does mean juggling your pieces of card to make sure they're aligned exactly where you want them but you can remove the blade temporarily while you do an "air" cut to test the positioning...just don't forget to replace the blade to make the real cut!...BigGrin hope that makes sense...

Izzy
SarahMarney Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, November 22, 2011 11:06:45 AM(UTC)
SarahMarney

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 55 post(s)
Sure you can! When you have that cut on your mat, select it and go to the "Advanced" page. Where the 6 buttons are grouped together, choose the bottom right one that looks like 2 corners, 1 pink & 1 gray. That should bring up your cut on a full screen, then you choose whatever you do not want to cut and it will turn red. Then hit "Hide" and it should disappear. When you have hidden all that you don't want to cut, hit ok and you will go back to your mat with just the piece you do want to cut.
 4 users thanked SarahMarney for this useful post.
Cricut47 on 11/27/2011(UTC), TracyHitt on 11/28/2011(UTC), Paula Marie on 11/30/2011(UTC), JoStewart on 12/28/2011(UTC)
BethM Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, November 26, 2011 8:18:51 PM(UTC)
BethM

Thank you VERY much !!! I just learned something I have been trying to figure out for months !!!