Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Khrista Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 01, 2011 8:49:37 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2490 time(s) in 1389 post(s)
Sorry folks, but I don't know where else to ask this question but this forum.

Is there any possibility of getting any sort of timeline of when the Imagine users will have any opportunity to use CCR to at least do the basic functions of what all the cricut machines do, which is cut?? I've been patient to the extreme. I'm trying not to vent in a non-venting area. I'm helping many other Imagine users with other frustrations in other forums along with other Imagine users as there is NO tech support on the messageboard anymore for the Imagine users and as kind as customer service can be, they're less knowledgeable than those of us that have had the machines since at the launch etc. So, given all that, I asked 3 months ago about the Imagine and CCR and the response was that the next build would take care of it they thought. The next build didn't take care of it. That was 3 months ago.. for a system that was supposed to be up and working even prior to that.

Now there's a new machine launching that requires CCR or a Gypsy so anyone could presume that is on a high priority to make sure it's working right. When can I expect to use CCR in a working manner with my Imagine or is it flat out not going happen? Communication would be helpful as it's very misleading to say it's coming and it never does, particularly when buying decisions are based on that.

Thanks!
:)Khrista
 1 user thanked Khrista for this useful post.
GypsyBoricua on 11/1/2011(UTC)
KathyRoscoe Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 02, 2011 3:09:16 AM(UTC)
KathyRoscoe

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 313 time(s) in 248 post(s)
Obviously, the Imagine has been put on the back burner as far as PC and having a functioning CCR program is concerned.

Did I really expect anything different? NO!

Getting the Mini out with functioning CCR is PC's priority! You know, Christmas sales! Money, money, money.

We know that PC is not producing the Imagine now so they have no incentive to make it work with CCR. It won't be as profitable as new sales!

I am glad that we did, at least, get a couple of new Imagine cartridges with Hello Thursday.

I posted my own little personal tantrum yesterday about CCR and the Imagine. Had I known yesterday what I know today about the new CCR update and the Imagine being left out of it, I might have needed CPR LOL

But, it really is not funny!
Rozette Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 02, 2011 3:25:06 AM(UTC)
Rozette

Was thanked: 111 time(s) in 61 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KathyRoscoe Go to Quoted Post
Getting the Mini out with functioning CCR is PC's priority! You know, Christmas sales! Money, money, money.

Has a product not functioning properly on release date ever stopped PC from releasing a new product? I remember my hassles with my G when it came out and well my I....biggest worst mistake in my life.
 1 user thanked Rozette for this useful post.
mom2sidsquid on 11/2/2011(UTC)
KathyRoscoe Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 02, 2011 3:46:54 AM(UTC)
KathyRoscoe

Was thanked: 313 time(s) in 248 post(s)
Originally Posted by: RozetteakaFluffy Go to Quoted Post
Has a product not functioning properly on release date ever stopped PC from releasing a new product? I remember my hassles with my G when it came out and well my I....biggest worst mistake in my life.

I agree. A very costly mistake!
IrishDancer Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 02, 2011 3:59:08 AM(UTC)
IrishDancer

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Ireland

Was thanked: 546 time(s) in 269 post(s)
I am DONE drinking the Kool-Aid!!

I will NOT buy another machine until they get the ones I already have working as promised!
 2 users thanked IrishDancer for this useful post.
mom2sidsquid on 11/2/2011(UTC), okscrappinmama on 11/4/2011(UTC)
Carolyn S Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 03, 2011 12:33:02 AM(UTC)
Carolyn S

Was thanked: 232 time(s) in 202 post(s)
I wouldn't count on it happening. Do you have a Gypsy? That is what I use when I have to weld and only cut. On the Imagine side of the Gypsy, I can color images and then cut, but not weld. Anyway, I am guessing that this is as far as it will go with the Imagine. I do like my Imagine, however. I am just sorry that some people updated their Imagines and now they don't work properly at all. I did not do the last update, so I am safe for now.
Carolyn
 1 user thanked Carolyn S for this useful post.
GypsyBoricua on 11/3/2011(UTC)
Khrista Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 03, 2011 7:48:37 AM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: CarolynS Go to Quoted Post
I wouldn't count on it happening. Do you have a Gypsy? That is what I use when I have to weld and only cut. On the Imagine side of the Gypsy, I can color images and then cut, but not weld. Anyway, I am guessing that this is as far as it will go with the Imagine. I do like my Imagine, however. I am just sorry that some people updated their Imagines and now they don't work properly at all. I did not do the last update, so I am safe for now.
Carolyn

Yep.. I love my Gypsy. I use it pretty much all the time with the Imagine. If they could just take the Imagine app pieces and put them in the Gypsy app so we can weld etc. then life would be just about perfect :) I did do the last update (I hadn't done the messed up one) and had to do a system restore though. It took it, but it wouldn't recognize that it took the update. Working just great still. They pulled a secondary one that was causing problems it appeare.

mom2sidsquid Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 03, 2011 9:00:17 AM(UTC)
mom2sidsquid

Was thanked: 1150 time(s) in 762 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Khrista Go to Quoted Post
Sorry folks, but I don't know where else to ask this question but this forum.

Is there any possibility of getting any sort of timeline of when the Imagine users will have any opportunity to use CCR to at least do the basic functions of what all the cricut machines do, which is cut?? I've been patient to the extreme. I'm trying not to vent in a non-venting area. I'm helping many other Imagine users with other frustrations in other forums along with other Imagine users as there is NO tech support on the messageboard anymore for the Imagine users and as kind as customer service can be, they're less knowledgeable than those of us that have had the machines since at the launch etc. So, given all that, I asked 3 months ago about the Imagine and CCR and the response was that the next build would take care of it they thought. The next build didn't take care of it. That was 3 months ago.. for a system that was supposed to be up and working even prior to that.

Now there's a new machine launching that requires CCR or a Gypsy so anyone could presume that is on a high priority to make sure it's working right. When can I expect to use CCR in a working manner with my Imagine or is it flat out not going happen? Communication would be helpful as it's very misleading to say it's coming and it never does, particularly when buying decisions are based on that.

Thanks!

I don't understand your question. I'm using CCR with my Imagine and have been for quite a while. There was one update where the Imagine didn't recognize the Legacy carts (newer ones) but that has been fixed. Have you contacted Mallory with your specific questions.

I understand your frustration with PC as I have several issues with them as well.
Khrista Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, November 03, 2011 9:25:41 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Originally Posted by: mom2sidsquid Go to Quoted Post
I don't understand your question. I'm using CCR with my Imagine and have been for quite a while. There was one update where the Imagine didn't recognize the Legacy carts (newer ones) but that has been fixed. Have you contacted Mallory with your specific questions.

I understand your frustration with PC as I have several issues with them as well.

CCR doesn't work for everyone. Many it just prints and spits the mat out. I think I can count the handful I happen to know that are able to actually print and have it cut. Been a known issue since at least build 59 or so. Mallory is always great and tries to help. :)

Khrista