Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

lovethatbug Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2011 3:55:21 PM(UTC)
lovethatbug

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 327 time(s) in 228 post(s)
Hi everyone,
I am having issues with CCR regardless of what computer I am on. Here is what I am referring to.

Windows XP (desktop)
I had to re-install CCR. After I plugged in the Imagine, my computer downloaded the drivers. Once that finished I opened CCR, then a pop up came telling me to update Adobe Air. So I closed CCR and updated. After all that finished, I restarted the computer. Now, whenever I design in CCR and get ready to cut, my computer freezes, every time. I have no idea what to do or what is causing this to happen. When I first opened CCR, I got a pop up from windows firewall, so I hit always allow, so I know that isn't the problem. I used to get the bridge errors, but since I updated to latest build, I no longer get that, it just freezes.

Window 7 64 bit (laptop)
Again, I used the get the bridge error 99% of the time, I am no longer getting that. Once I am finished designing, I hit the cut button. It then says to follow instructions on Imagine (IE. loading paper)
It loads the paper, prints, stalls then the mat comes out the back, it does not cut. Again, I have had this problem before.

Is anyone else having similar issues, or know what may be the problem.
Thanks so much
Stacy
GypsyBoricua Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2011 4:04:17 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 698 time(s) in 363 post(s)
When I updated Adobe Air to 3.0.04080, CCR would not open. After calling and trying to get it resolved with no luck, I went back to the previous Adobe Air 2.7 and that allowed me back into a functioning CCR.

You can try that. Check and see what Adobe Air you are running. If it is 3.0 delete that and install the 2.7 and see if that works. Once you have 2.7 installed, if it asks you to update to 3.0, tell it no and see if you get into CCR.

Hope it works for you.
CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2011 6:46:18 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7600 time(s) in 4449 post(s)
I just got reconnected to my old WINDOWS XP yesterday (after being disconnected for about six weeks) and when I went into CCR, it said there was a new BUILD.

I was reluctant to download it; but, I did anyway. I immediately tried to CUT in CCR (a new project I put together for a fast card I wanted to make yesterday) and it worked perfectly.

I am now on v1.0 build 66 in CCR. I have had very little problems with most of the updates; except the one before last when I couldn't CUT on my EXPRESSION for about a month. Then, when they did Build 60, I was able to CUT again.

My Adobe Air version is 2.7.1.19610. I haven't been asked to update to the version the OP mentioned (I think she said 3.0). It seems funny some of us are on different versions???

Anyway, just thought I would throw this in the mix.

Char
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2011 6:51:10 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7600 time(s) in 4449 post(s)
Originally Posted by: lovethatbug Go to Quoted Post
Hi everyone,
I am having issues with CCR regardless of what computer I am on. Here is what I am referring to.

Windows XP (desktop)
I had to re-install CCR. After I plugged in the Imagine, my computer downloaded the drivers. Once that finished I opened CCR, then a pop up came telling me to update Adobe Air. So I closed CCR and updated. After all that finished, I restarted the computer. Now, whenever I design in CCR and get ready to cut, my computer freezes, every time. I have no idea what to do or what is causing this to happen. When I first opened CCR, I got a pop up from windows firewall, so I hit always allow, so I know that isn't the problem. I used to get the bridge errors, but since I updated to latest build, I no longer get that, it just freezes.

Window 7 64 bit (laptop)
Again, I used the get the bridge error 99% of the time, I am no longer getting that. Once I am finished designing, I hit the cut button. It then says to follow instructions on Imagine (IE. loading paper)
It loads the paper, prints, stalls then the mat comes out the back, it does not cut. Again, I have had this problem before.

Is anyone else having similar issues, or know what may be the problem.
Thanks so much
Stacy

I am only going to make a suggestion here; maybe it won't be helpful because maybe you've already done the things I'm about to suggest!

When you re-installed CCR, did you go to your ADD/REMOVE Programs in your computer and uninstall everything, including ADOBE AIR? If you have re-installed CCR without removing Adobe Air, your update and re-install might be fighting with a previous version of Adobe Air. Just a thought.

If you didn't uninstall everything before you re-installed everything, maybe you can start over from scratch. Be sure you uninstall everything, unplug your machine from your computer and turn your computer off or restart it (whichever way you get a reboot) to get rid of everything to start over. Then, before it boots back up, plug your machine back into the computer and start all of your donwloads over again. You should be prompted to download Adobe Air during the re-install.

Maybe this is helpful, maybe it isn't. Just trying to grasp at straws to see if we can help you out in some way.

Char
JanetWaters Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2011 8:37:57 PM(UTC)
JanetWaters

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I'm having the same problem. Everything now finally recognizes the Imagine and prints, but will not cut. I just checked and I have update the adobe to version 3. How would I even redo it for a lower version? I love craft room, but sure doesn't help if it won't cut.
GypsyBoricua Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 16, 2011 9:58:54 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 698 time(s) in 363 post(s)
The problem is the adobe air, you must remove it (3.0), you do not have to remove CCR. If you do remove CCR when you re-install it, it will re-install Adobe Air 3.0.

Remove your Adobe air 3.0 and then go to:

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/853/cpsid_85304.html

Download the 2.7 for you platform and install it.

This is what I did and CCR was opening again.

As far as the not cutting, that has nothing to do with Adobe Air, that's a problem within CCR itself that they are working on.

HTH