Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Susydan Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2011 3:05:33 PM(UTC)
Susydan

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi
I just downloaded cricut craft room and am having a little play.
They asked on the first page to list your carts but I can't see any link in the craft room to just look at your own carts like the old design studio.
I used the B is for boy cart. I dragged the layers onto the mat but they were all different sizes!
Is there something I should be doing to get them all the same size?
Trying to make shadows of words but after thinking I had mastered the different mat layers and grouping the shadow layer to move it it all grouped together!! This new programme is really frustrating!!
Also when I select a mat layer it doesn't respond and the colour has changed to the colour of the letters on the other mat!! AARRRGGGG
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2011 7:31:30 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7592 time(s) in 4445 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Susydan Go to Quoted Post
Hi
I just downloaded cricut craft room and am having a little play.
They asked on the first page to list your carts but I can't see any link in the craft room to just look at your own carts like the old design studio.
I used the B is for boy cart. I dragged the layers onto the mat but they were all different sizes! See if you have the RELATIVE SIZE showing at the top, instead of REAL DIAL SIZE.Is there something I should be doing to get them all the same size?
Trying to make shadows of words but after thinking I had mastered the different mat layers and grouping the shadow layer to move it it all grouped together!! Did it group, or did it weld. In order for it to group, you have to click on EACH and EVERY single piece--but, welds happen automatically if you have any of the images/fonts touching. You can opt not to WELD, though, when the Weld/Do not Weld box shows up. This new programme is really frustrating!!
Also when I select a mat layer it doesn't respond and the colour has changed to the colour of the letters on the other mat!! AARRRGGGG
I'm not sure about this, but are you "SAVING" after you select your color? I don't know anything about the Imagine; just wondered if "SAVING" would help you.

To RESIZE: After I place my images/layers on the mat, I Select the first image, then holding the CONTROL button down on the keyboard, I select the next one and REPEAT until I have everything selected I want to re-size together. While continuing to hold down the CONTROL button on my keyboard, I go to the top and hit the GROUP feature. Once I GROUP the images I want to resize together, I pull the bottom, right circle with the arrows out and re-size to the size I want everything on my mat.

Sorry if this sounds complicated; that's how I put layers together and re-size them. Others may have a more simple solution, but if I don't know what they are telling me, then I don't see what it is they are doing. Of course, you may feel that way with my explanation, too.

Hope something here will help you.

Char

Edited by user Friday, July 01, 2011 7:32:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified