Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Betsy Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2011 4:03:28 PM(UTC)
Betsy

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Has anyone exported a Gypsy file and printed and cut on the Imagine using their Gypsy? I cannot seem to get anyone to answer this question. I do not know if it works and I something screwed up or it doesn't work for anyone.

I made a file using CCR with the images filled in with patterns from an Imagine cartridge. I exported the file from CCR my computer. Then I used Cricut Synch to transfer the file to my Gypsy as a Gypsy file. When I turned on my Gypsy and clicked on the Imagine icon the newly transferred file was not in the list. When I clicked on the Cricut icon on the left I could see a preview of the file, but when I opened it the file just showed the outlines and was not filled in with the Imagine pattersn. When I connected the Gyspy to the Imagine and selected the file it just cut....no printing.

What should I do to create a file in CCR to transfer it to my Gypsy and then PRINT and CUT on the Imagine?

I'd sure appreciate some assistance!

Edited by user Wednesday, June 29, 2011 8:06:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2011 4:23:30 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Was thanked: 7571 time(s) in 3534 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Betsy Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone exported a Gypsy file and printed and cut on the Imagine using their Gypsy? I cannot seem to get anyone to answer this question. I do not know if it works and I something screwed up or it doesn't work for anyone.

I made a file using CCR with the images filled in with patterns from an Imagine cartridge. I exported the file from CCR to my Gypsy as a Gypsy file. I turned on the Gypsy, clicked on the Cricut head on the left. I found the file I wanted and culd see a preview. When I opened the file by clicking on it the file shows just the outlines and not filed in with the patterns. When I connected the Gypsy to the Imagine and selected cut it just cut...no printing.

Then I went back to the Gypsy and returned to the welcome screen. I clicked on the Imagine icon but the only files that showed up under "Open file" were a couple of other files I created using the Gypsy and not CCR.

What should I do to create a file in CCR to transfer it to my Gypsy and then PRINT and CUT on the Imagine?

I answered your other post Betsy, but didn't know then that you were using the imagine and trying to print.

I don't have an imagine so can't test that part for you unfortunately.
cricutcrazylisa Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2011 4:32:16 PM(UTC)
cricutcrazylisa

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Well...I haven't received an invite to the CCR....but if you want to share the file with me...I will attempt it on my I. Just let me know

Cricutcrazylisa@gmail.com

Lisa

Edited by user Tuesday, June 28, 2011 4:33:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MomtoaZoo Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2011 5:16:37 PM(UTC)
MomtoaZoo

United States

Was thanked: 3618 time(s) in 805 post(s)
I'm not sure you can to be honest. I have tried several times to export designs from the CCR that I used Imagine colors, etc. on to the gypsy with no luck. It goes into the regular cricut files on the gypsy and not into the Imagine side. Not sure how to fix that. Joanne
CricketCMV Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 28, 2011 7:15:59 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7583 time(s) in 4440 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Betsy Go to Quoted Post

I made a file using CCR with the images filled in with patterns from an Imagine cartridge. I exported the file from CCR to my Gypsy as a Gypsy file. I turned on the Gypsy, clicked on the Cricut head on the left. I found the file I wanted and culd see a preview. When I opened the file by clicking on it the file shows just the outlines and not filed in with the patterns. When I connected the Gypsy to the Imagine and selected cut it just cut...no printing.

Then I went back to the Gypsy and returned to the welcome screen. I clicked on the Imagine icon but the only files that showed up under "Open file" were a couple of other files I created using the Gypsy and not CCR.

BETSY - AS I SAID BEFORE, I DON'T OWN AN IMAGINE. I just wanted to say something about Exporting/Importing.

I thought I saw something the other day that you could now EXPORT but you could not yet IMPORT. It seems to me if you are exporting from one machine to another that somewhere along the line you would have to import that export to the other machine. Maybe I'm all wet here--again, I don't own an Imagine and just trying to interject another thought here.

Does anyone out there know if export/import work together and whether or not I am remembering right that you cannot yet import anything?

Char
Betsy Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 7:52:12 AM(UTC)
Betsy

Originally Posted by: JoanneVanBerkom Go to Quoted Post
I'm not sure you can to be honest. I have tried several times to export designs from the CCR that I used Imagine colors, etc. on to the gypsy with no luck. It goes into the regular cricut files on the gypsy and not into the Imagine side. Not sure how to fix that. Joanne

Thank you! That is the same thing that happened to me.
Betsy Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 7:53:14 AM(UTC)
Betsy

Originally Posted by: Narelle Go to Quoted Post
I answered your other post Betsy, but didn't know then that you were using the imagine and trying to print.

I don't have an imagine so can't test that part for you unfortunately.

Thank you for trying to help! I just can't figure out if it is just me that is having this problem or if it is universal.
Betsy Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2011 8:01:46 AM(UTC)
Betsy

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
BETSY - AS I SAID BEFORE, I DON'T OWN AN IMAGINE. I just wanted to say something about Exporting/Importing.

I thought I saw something the other day that you could now EXPORT but you could not yet IMPORT. It seems to me if you are exporting from one machine to another that somewhere along the line you would have to import that export to the other machine. Maybe I'm all wet here--again, I don't own an Imagine and just trying to interject another thought here.

Does anyone out there know if export/import work together and whether or not I am remembering right that you cannot yet import anything?

Char

Thanks for trying to help. I neglected to say after exporting to my computer I used Cricut Synch to then read the file to my Gypsy.
Sawkat66 Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, June 30, 2011 7:58:17 AM(UTC)
Sawkat66

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 141 post(s)
From what i understand - Gypsy does NOT have the memory to support colors and patterens at this time. Hope that helps.
 1 user thanked Sawkat66 for this useful post.
Canadiangirl77 on 7/17/2011(UTC)
cricutcrazylisa Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, July 01, 2011 5:30:53 PM(UTC)
cricutcrazylisa

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Betsy,

Guess what. It does not show in my Imagine on the Gypsy. Which peeked my curiosity. I went to my Computer and opened my Gypsy files and guess what? None of the projects that I have created in my Gypsy using the Imagine are in my Gypsy files. So, I am thinking perhaps the Imagine files use a different extension than the original Gypsy files and now it's too late to call PC...so I plan to ask this on Tuesday. Just thought I would give you a little feedback! HAVE A FABULOUS FREEDOM FOURTH!

Lisa
 1 user thanked cricutcrazylisa for this useful post.
Canadiangirl77 on 7/17/2011(UTC)