Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

CricketCMV Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2011 1:36:54 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7600 time(s) in 4449 post(s)
to link my cartridges to anything. It's part of the reason I didn't buy a GYPSY.

Since last Friday when I got the new UPDATE in CCR (that came on my screen when I went in to CCR), I haven't had time to try to CUT anything. Today, I went to CUT a design of my own and I was asked to LINK THE CARTRIDGE.

I don't remember PC saying we would have to link cartridges. Does anyone else remember that? Did you all know we would have to link our cartridges?

Are you willing to link them? I have a feeling once we link them, it will be the same as with the GYPSY cartridges. In the future, if we want to sell our cartridges to someone else (maybe we no longer have use for that cart but would like to enjoy another one but don't feel we need to hang on to the one we're selling), they will be rather useless to someone else who might like to use them in a GYPSY or in CCR.

Is anyone else turned off by this? I'm not saying I won't ultimately take the plunge, but I was taken off guard and I have to think about it and would like your feedback.

Char

Edited by user Wednesday, April 13, 2011 9:12:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

~AmyS~ Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2011 10:46:21 AM(UTC)
~AmyS~

Was thanked: 3191 time(s) in 1353 post(s)
What was the resolution on this issue, please? I must have missed your post in the Circle?
GrammyCris Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, June 13, 2011 6:34:44 PM(UTC)
GrammyCris

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1112 time(s) in 521 post(s)
I don't want to be flamed for this reply but I am truly hoping that we do end up linking our carts to CCR...I am so turned off on using this program when I have to continually plug and unplug my carts to get it to cut. I have been spoiled by my Gypsy and how easy it is to just design, plug in and cut.

I think the ultimate would be to have it be a choice....if you choose to link your carts then you will not have to plug them in, just like the Gypsy...but if you choose not to link then you would have to plug and unplug...

I like the idea of CHOICE!

I know that some people like to be able to sell their carts at some time down the road. I am not one of those...if I purchase a cart I plan on keeping it so I like the idea of making it as easy as possible....
AngelaMcLean1 Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2011 2:58:26 AM(UTC)
AngelaMcLean1

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 278 time(s) in 175 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ~AmyS~ Go to Quoted Post
What was the resolution on this issue, please? I must have missed your post in the Circle?

Yes, please also post the resolution here... Thanks.
CricketCMV Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2011 6:28:15 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

There are no resolutions by me; if that's what several of you are asking.

BUT, I do think we are going to have a CHOICE in CCR, as to whether or not we want to link our cartridges. There is another button, when you get ready to CUT that either asks you to "Link" or "Continue without Linking". I personally don't mind linking all of my cartridges I have used on a project and hope we are going to have the CHOICE, as it does appear we will. None of us will know until PC lets us know.

I am learning to only use one cartridge on a project, though, which takes some of the hassle out of linking two, three or four cartridges on one project. BUT, of course, there are times you want to incorporate other images from other cartridges.

Char
scrapalette Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, June 14, 2011 1:07:16 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18427 time(s) in 8190 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
There are no resolutions by me; if that's what several of you are asking.

BUT, I do think we are going to have a CHOICE in CCR, as to whether or not we want to link our cartridges. There is another button, when you get ready to CUT that either asks you to "Link" or "Continue without Linking". I personally don't mind linking all of my cartridges I have used on a project and hope we are going to have the CHOICE, as it does appear we will. None of us will know until PC lets us know.

I am learning to only use one cartridge on a project, though, which takes some of the hassle out of linking two, three or four cartridges on one project. BUT, of course, there are times you want to incorporate other images from other cartridges.

Char

Yes, that's what they are asking because the title of your post says CCR Asked me. . .RESOLVED & POSTED in CIRCLE FORUM.
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
bleedingcricutgreen on 6/19/2011(UTC)
JuliaBecker Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, June 15, 2011 7:48:02 PM(UTC)
JuliaBecker

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)

I am hoping they will let us in soon. So glad at least I can still use my gypsy with my E2, & Imagine. Feel bad for those with only ds, & got the E2.
I am one of those that is going to link my carts to the CCR, as have them already on my gypsy & will always keep the ones I have. But am glad at least you don't have to link them you can just put your cart into the machine, which is a good thing for many of you that might want to sell your carts at some time.
I just wish that they could at least keep us in the loop about how the beta is going & some sort of time frame. Maybe even post a list showing our entry time or position in line to be invited so we have some type of idea, or hope.
Hugs,
Julia

1 user thanked JuliaBecker for this useful post.
Afp on 6/18/2011(UTC)
SolaraLover Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, June 16, 2011 5:50:22 PM(UTC)
SolaraLover

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 8 post(s)
I have not heard of this...I haven't been asked to link mine at anytime I've used the CCR...Maybe I missed something.
CricketCMV Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, June 17, 2011 9:26:51 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Originally Posted by: SolaraLover Go to Quoted Post
I have not heard of this...I haven't been asked to link mine at anytime I've used the CCR...Maybe I missed something.

We were getting the message to "link" and/or "cut only" when we used the CUT button.

I cut on my Expression this morning, but there was no message there to this effect this morning. I was a little surprised by it, so I think PC has taken it off there for now. It does still have the "CUT only" button, though, that does not really do anything when you click on it. It still cuts, anyway, though.

Char