Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Madebymel Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 04, 2011 4:45:22 AM(UTC)
Madebymel

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Hi does anyone know of a site where I can order inexpensive 3 1/2 X 5 size photos when I get my photos printed out?? They seem to fit alot better on my layouts . Also one more question does anybody know other than new carts coming out since than has there been any updates on functionality of the gypsy since they did the update for the HIDE button? I havent updated in a while but was wonderin if I needed to??? Thanks so much, Melissa
southgirltexas Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, June 04, 2011 7:32:17 AM(UTC)
southgirltexas

Was thanked: 568 time(s) in 340 post(s)
I think (my opinion only) it is cheaper to print out your pictures from the computer, that way you can make them any size you want. I have a kodak printer (ink is cheap). It prints awesome pictures and the cost of the printer at walmart is less than $200. The ink cost (for both cartridges) about $30. AND no waiting!
VanessaW Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 04, 2011 9:43:20 AM(UTC)
VanessaW

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
For the best variety in print sizes, I've heard scrapbookpictures.com is very good. They also run specials periodically if you sign up for their mailing list.

If you have access to Photoshop, there is a good tutorial that explains how to create multi-photo grids. I was able to adapt the technique to resize my digital photos and then I could upload the modified 4x6s for offsite printing. Older versions of Photoshop Elements can be found for relatively cheap on eBay...the current version is v.9 but I got v.8 in February for about $35.

http://aliedwards.com/20...e-multi-photo-grids.html

Eventually, I just ended up getting my own photo printer (Epson Picture Mate). The prints are a little more expensive ($0.40 vs. $0.10 offsite) but I have more control, the quality is better, and I am finding that I print a lot less than when I used to send everything offsite. Because I print as I create my layouts, I am only printing what I need instead of paying for a bunch of photos that I may or may not actually use.

As for the Gypsy, I last updated about a month ago and did not notice any new functionality, just a lot of new carts.
loglyn Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 05, 2011 2:09:21 PM(UTC)
loglyn

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I use winkflash whenever i need to send photos out for printing...very cheap and great quality. they have all the standard sizes displayed and the odd sizes (like 3.5-5) should be on the right side where i think it says alternate or other sizes.
Madebymel Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 05, 2011 4:38:10 PM(UTC)
Madebymel

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Wow thanks everybody. That really helps! I knew you guys would have suggestions! Thanks, Mel
Afp Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, June 06, 2011 7:27:07 PM(UTC)
Afp

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Did you check Walgreens.com? You can sometimes get them for 10 cents. It changes every week.