Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

SueJordan2 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, May 09, 2011 4:13:22 AM(UTC)
SueJordan2

Groups: Registered

I have just purchased the gypsy and followed the instructions on the cricut site to download cricutsync. I have linked all but 2 of my cartridges, George and Create a Critter, tells me I must update my gypsy. Plugged in the gypsy, opened cricutsync, says it's syncing but was on for 3 hours the other day. I closed it down. Am also getting a debug error sometimes when I open cricutsync. Tried cutting on my expressions using the cartridges I could link but said I couldn't cut. Can anyone help me. Am eager to use my gypsy but an very disheartened it has been such a mission.Confused Cursing
patricialewis@verizon.net Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, May 09, 2011 9:04:41 AM(UTC)
patricialewis@verizon.net

Was thanked: 80 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Hi I don't own a gyspy but when I went to cricutsync.com to update
my expression2 the site kept saying error. I kept taking the sync
off and downloading again and it kept doing the same thing so the
next time I ignored and when it said don't do something I did the
opposite and I got it to update.I hope you can understand this.just
keep going.
KimZagort Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 21, 2011 8:51:12 PM(UTC)
KimZagort

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Angry Well good luck , I'm in the same boat. I talked with customer service 3 times on Friday, and no luck I did everything she said, and mine is still running since Friday around 12:00 noon. I can't believe it's suppose to take this long to update my gypsy. Really Frustrated. So sorry im no help, and good luck.
gcmcevoy Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 22, 2011 7:20:24 AM(UTC)
gcmcevoy

United States

Was thanked: 702 time(s) in 607 post(s)
Hi ladies! Sorry to hear you have been having a hard time updating. Have you gone over to the gypsy forum to see if any of the posts help? If not pop over there and if Mercy is around she may be able to help you. Just a few suggestions first check your anti virus pro gram and see if it is blocking you, next make sure your Internet connection is as strong as it can be ,if youre on a wireless computer get as close to your router as possible to improve speed. Make sure your g is plugged into an outlet so you don't run ou of powerf. Finally if your g has been stuck for a long time take it off the connection and shut it down.let it rest and then check that your content and see if you have any updates . One last thing,if you don't have the imagine machine you don't have to download that info on to your g. Hth
 1 user thanked gcmcevoy for this useful post.
Emerald on 6/1/2011(UTC)
nancyh Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 22, 2011 5:38:19 PM(UTC)
nancyh

Was thanked: 565 time(s) in 426 post(s)
I had a devil of a time getting mine to update, but finally I got it to update. On the gypsy forum there is a tech tips page, and I read that that you have to have Windows service pack 3 update. So check to see if you have that. That was my problem. As soon as I downloaded the service pack 3 it went right through.

Another thing that most people have a problem with is that they have their firewall on. You have to turn the firewall off.
southgirltexas Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 01, 2011 8:15:37 AM(UTC)
southgirltexas

Was thanked: 568 time(s) in 340 post(s)
I had a hard time updating my gypsy the first time, I finally got it done tho. I talked with a friend who is computer savy and he said...do not plug your gypsy in til you have clicked on sync and it asks if you have it plugged in, then plug it in....if you have already plugged it in, it will make an error on that port and you will have to move it to another port. I am sure by now you have already updated but maybe this will help someone else.
 1 user thanked southgirltexas for this useful post.
Emerald on 6/1/2011(UTC)
Mercy Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, June 04, 2011 1:19:17 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: southgirl Go to Quoted Post
I had a hard time updating my gypsy the first time, I finally got it done tho. I talked with a friend who is computer savy and he said...do not plug your gypsy in til you have clicked on sync and it asks if you have it plugged in, then plug it in....if you have already plugged it in, it will make an error on that port and you will have to move it to another port. I am sure by now you have already updated but maybe this will help someone else.

That is not the norm. BigGrin You should not get an error message as that is not the norm. If that works for some, then fine but I have had my g since the launch and I have not had to use that protcol. Whether I connect the g first or after I click c sync, I do not get an error message nor do I have to change ports.BigGrin