Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

JeanM1 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2011 11:10:47 AM(UTC)
JeanM1

Groups: Registered

Hi There!

I created my own ceremony programs on 8.5x11 60lb cardstock paper. I was wondering is there a way to cut a bracket border AROUND the text when using a Cricut machine? I am using a rental from a local scrapbooking store, but did not know the best way to do it since they did not offer classes on this.

My ultimate goal is to have a 6 in (wide) x 9 in (height) bracket border.

Should I do the following:

1. Cut the 8.5x11 paper to size and let Cricut cut accordingly.
2. Place the 8.5x11 paper on mat and adjust size on Cricut to Fit to Page?

There is only one printed program on each page and it is one-sided. The orientation of printed text is portrait. Is there a way to change orientation for Cricut machine?

Looking forward to your thoughts, feedback, and suggestions.
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 07, 2011 12:53:18 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18427 time(s) in 8190 post(s)
Which Cricut machine are you using? Different machines have different features. I guess you have the Expression since you mentioned putting the 8 1/2 X 11 paper on the mat, so you must have a 12 X 12 mat?

If so, the Expression has a great feature called CenterPoint. You determine where you want the center to be and move the blade to that point.

My concern though is the size of the shape you want to cut. Which image from which cart do you want to use? With just a Cricut (and no Design Studio software or Gypsy), you can set the height of the image but the length is "preset" to keep the image in proportion. So it may be that the image you want, when set at 9 inches high, will not be the 6 inches wide that you want.

I'd be happy to check in Design Studio and see what size might work for you, if you can post what the image is.

Also, you can go to cricut.com, click on the products tab at the top and then choose the machine you have. On that page, you can view (and print) the User's Manual which will explain what all the buttons do.