Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
luvmygirls Offline
#31 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2011 12:31:29 AM(UTC)
luvmygirls

Groups: Registered

I just got my Imagine today and updated my Gypsy after much fusteration as well. I followed the Directions step by step but I get the error "The Gypsy is unable to connect to the Imagine. Please help. I have the correct updated version on my Gypsy and have all four Icons on Gypsy!!!Angry Mad
14cross Offline
#32 Posted : Friday, March 11, 2011 8:46:27 AM(UTC)
14cross

Groups: Cricut Community Moderator, Registered

Was thanked: 798 time(s) in 205 post(s)
Originally Posted by: luvmygirls Go to Quoted Post
I just got my Imagine today and updated my Gypsy after much fusteration as well. I followed the Directions step by step but I get the error "The Gypsy is unable to connect to the Imagine. Please help. I have the correct updated version on my Gypsy and have all four Icons on Gypsy!!!Angry Mad

Check your Firewall and virus protection program. They are likely blocking Gypsy Sync from being able to run. You need to "allow" Cricut Sync to run on both programs.

Chris
Provo Craft
CricutLadyBug Offline
#33 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2011 11:55:46 AM(UTC)
CricutLadyBug

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Adele

Thank you for posting this. I had been trying the steps to upload my imagine cartridges for about 2 hrs and nothing was working I then came to the Cricut Community Board AGAIN, but this time I saw your info that the imagine machine may not be updated. Yes I needed obviously one more update and the red bar went across gypsy and I screamed for joy YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
Thank you so much. Have a blessed weekend.
CricutLadyBug

Originally Posted by: *Adele* Go to Quoted Post
Hi lisaBigGrin
It sounds like it's your Imagine that needs to be updated now, it should be
version 1.01 (0110:0020:0239:202A)
HTH
Hugs
Adele

♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥ Offline
#34 Posted : Saturday, March 12, 2011 12:00:53 PM(UTC)
♥ ~ Adele ~ ♥

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 1277 time(s) in 916 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricutLadyBug Go to Quoted Post
Adele

Thank you for posting this. I had been trying the steps to upload my imagine cartridges for about 2 hrs and nothing was working I then came to the Cricut Community Board AGAIN, but this time I saw your info that the imagine machine may not be updated. Yes I needed obviously one more update and the red bar went across gypsy and I screamed for joy YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!
Thank you so much. Have a blessed weekend.
CricutLadyBug

My pleasure
Glad it worked for youBigGrin
Hugs
Adele
nb Offline
#35 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 9:58:18 AM(UTC)
nb

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Is there any time that you need to connect your laptop(Cricut Sync) directly to the Imagine? Or does everything go thru the Gypsy Imagine app?
14cross Offline
#36 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 10:14:57 AM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: nb Go to Quoted Post
Is there any time that you need to connect your laptop(Cricut Sync) directly to the Imagine? Or does everything go thru the Gypsy Imagine app?

To update your Imagine you will need to connect your computer directly to your Imagine. In the future, when using Craft Room you will connect your computer to your Imagine in order to print and cut the projects you design on Craft Room.

Chris
Provo Craft
katherineretired Offline
#37 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 12:17:30 PM(UTC)
katherineretired

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Thank you as always Chris. That was an easy task because of your great directions. I'm sure this must have been ask many times, I will ask one more... When working on the Gypsy the Imagine items still don't move on the mat? Or have I missed something. Thanks again Chris.
Katherine
14cross Offline
#38 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 12:24:50 PM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: katherineretired Go to Quoted Post
Thank you as always Chris. That was an easy task because of your great directions. I'm sure this must have been ask many times, I will ask one more... When working on the Gypsy the Imagine items still don't move on the mat? Or have I missed something. Thanks again Chris.
Katherine

No, images are not movable on the mat yet. It is on the list of things to add and I know it is being worked on though I can't promise they will figure out how to do it with color images. Time will tell.

Chris
Provo Craft
MelissaHines1 Offline
#39 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2011 10:21:48 PM(UTC)
MelissaHines1

Hi there, I really need some help. I have updated my Gypsy and my Imagine. I checked the versions and they are correct. I followed Chris' instrutions to the t and I cannot link my imagaine cartridges to to at all. I have tried and tried, no luck...please help.

Thanks,

Melissa
14cross Offline
#40 Posted : Wednesday, March 16, 2011 2:16:46 PM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: MelissaHines1 Go to Quoted Post
Hi there, I really need some help. I have updated my Gypsy and my Imagine. I checked the versions and they are correct. I followed Chris' instrutions to the t and I cannot link my imagaine cartridges to to at all. I have tried and tried, no luck...please help.

Thanks,

Melissa

Can you tell me what is happening? What does the screen say when you try to link them? Can you tell me your Imagine App for Gypsy Version number?

Chris
Provo Craft
TheresaMcKenna1 Offline
#41 Posted : Saturday, March 19, 2011 2:27:21 AM(UTC)
TheresaMcKenna1

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I just finished updating my G it is version 1.4(0208:0216)... everything went good it reseted and when I turned it on it said everything was good.. I checked 2 times to make sure it was up to date. when I went in to open a new 12x12 mat and touched the keypad it resets.. the first time i didn't think anything but now its been about 10 times and I am freaking out.. HELP!!!!Crying
bearcatnat Offline
#42 Posted : Thursday, March 24, 2011 6:45:51 PM(UTC)
bearcatnat

Was thanked: 435 time(s) in 257 post(s)
FYI, my new Imagine would not recognize the Imagine More cartridge until AFTER I had loaded a different cartridge - Audrey.
Tracy (CountryCharm) Offline
#43 Posted : Thursday, April 21, 2011 9:42:32 AM(UTC)
Tracy (CountryCharm)

Was thanked: 98 time(s) in 74 post(s)
Thank you -- thank you-- thank you. It's so great to look for the answers and find them right here. Worked like a charm.
GypsyRoe Offline
#44 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 7:53:05 PM(UTC)
GypsyRoe

United States

Was thanked: 3196 time(s) in 1367 post(s)
My Gypsy is up to date and I'm trying to load my Imagine cartridges and my Gypsy says it's unable to connect to the imagine. Can anyone help?
GypsyRoe Offline
#45 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 8:05:33 PM(UTC)
GypsyRoe

United States

Ops, I never updated my Imagine machine. I'll try once I'm done installing updates.
GypsyRoe Offline
#46 Posted : Saturday, April 30, 2011 8:22:53 PM(UTC)
GypsyRoe

United States

Is there a longer cord available, to connect the Gypsy to the Imagine machine? My cord that came with my Gypsy doesn't give me enough room to work. My Gypsy ended up slipping off the table, but luckily it didn't hit the floorScared
AmyCourchaine1 Offline
#47 Posted : Wednesday, May 11, 2011 8:18:45 PM(UTC)
AmyCourchaine1

Even for an IT guy this was somewhat troublesome. Tips: If your Gypsy has only 3 icons on the main screen, you don't have the Imagine App (you should have 4). I had to do the update twice until Cricut Sync showed "up to date". This took about a half hour and just followed the instructions. After that I couldn't get the Imagine to communicate even with the above instructions. Tip for this is you need to update the Imagine firmware. To do this you must connect your PC/laptop <directly> to the Imagine, I used my USB printer cable. Then it was able to update the firmware on the Imagine. It detected as USB device and updated with CricutSync. After the update it didn't reconnect, but now I had 4 icons on the Imagine main screen (new print paper icon). After this the instructions worked great for loading the cartridges. Also if you are checking version numbers make sure you look at the whole number not just 1.01 and 1.04. Hope this helps!

Maybe someone who has not done this yet can post a guide with pictures! :)
HappyScrapper!! Offline
#48 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2011 1:32:11 PM(UTC)
HappyScrapper!!

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 25 post(s)
Chris,
I noticed that when I cut with the Gypsy, I still have to plug in the cart in the machine.
The big advantage of teh Gypsy is not having to drag my cart to a crop or use a juke box.
Is this going to change where we don't have to plut in carts to use the gypsy with the Imagine?
Thanks
Caroline
14cross Offline
#49 Posted : Thursday, May 12, 2011 1:40:21 PM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: HappyScrapper!! Go to Quoted Post
Chris,
I noticed that when I cut with the Gypsy, I still have to plug in the cart in the machine.
The big advantage of teh Gypsy is not having to drag my cart to a crop or use a juke box.
Is this going to change where we don't have to plut in carts to use the gypsy with the Imagine?
Thanks
Caroline

You will likely have to always do this with Imagine cartridges because of the memory these cartridges require. But you should not have to do this with Cricut cartridges. Are you only having to do this with Imagine cartridges?

Chris
Provo Craft
Buggin_Out Offline
#50 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2011 6:34:46 PM(UTC)
Buggin_Out

Was thanked: 385 time(s) in 250 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LAMom23 Go to Quoted Post
Please help!!! My G just keeps saying "The Gypsy is unable to connect to the Imagine". I've tried doing it step by step exactly the way Chris said several times... just keeps refusing to connect. This is SOOO frustrating after I spent 5 1/2 hours Thursday night trying to update my G and it failed and then doing it for 3 hours last night until it finally took.

Lisa

Mine is doing this same thing! Flapper My I versions are 0111:0025:0239:202A and my Imagine/Gypsy app version is 1.01 (0111:0024). Cricut Synch says they are both up to date. There is no firewall or virus program. Any thoughts, anyone?

(Oh, m just got my I today, so this has not worked at all for me yet. It's not a 'once it worked, but now it's stopped' problem.)

TIA!
Coah'sNana Offline
#51 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2011 8:26:52 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Was thanked: 13236 time(s) in 3715 post(s)
Maybe this is a dumb response, but have you double checked to make sure your USB connection is firmly seated in both devices? I must admit, prior to today I never used the G with the I because you can't do anything different with the G that you can do directly on the I and I think its faster just to design on the I....but....I just plugged the two together and it seemed to work fine. I did note that plugging that cord into the bad of the I was a little challenging, so thought I'd throw it out there as a suggestion. HTS.
Buggin_Out Offline
#52 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2011 9:22:05 AM(UTC)
Buggin_Out

Thank you, thank you! It was not a dumb suggestion at all. It made me tale a look at my cord connection, and it was not properly seated - and that fixed the problem! I am happily linking away now. I have also ordered a second cord, so that the E and the I can each have their own and I don't have to keep crawling around back there. BigGrin

Thanks again!
Coah'sNana Offline
#53 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2011 12:26:06 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Virgin Islands (U.S.)

My understanding is that there is TONS of space. Also, if you are printing a project from the G, I think the only way to use those pattern cartridges is to link them to the G. I guess if you are only ever going to use them directly on the I, then you don't need to link them.
Coah'sNana Offline
#54 Posted : Saturday, May 14, 2011 12:27:34 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Originally Posted by: Buggin_Out Go to Quoted Post
Thank you, thank you! It was not a dumb suggestion at all. It made me tale a look at my cord connection, and it was not properly seated - and that fixed the problem! I am happily linking away now. I have also ordered a second cord, so that the E and the I can each have their own and I don't have to keep crawling around back there. BigGrin

Thanks again!

ThumpUp Glad you are back in business!
CrystalThomas1 Offline
#55 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2011 7:19:10 PM(UTC)
CrystalThomas1

Thank so much for the instructions. I was clueless but I knew I would be able to find the answer here.
mhjudge67 Offline
#56 Posted : Sunday, May 22, 2011 2:32:12 PM(UTC)
mhjudge67

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Originally Posted by: 14cross Go to Quoted Post
1. Start up the Imagine App on the Gypsy
2. Start up the Imagine
3. Select the Manage Cartridges Button on the Gypsy
4. Select the Add button on the bottom of the Gypsy
5. Plug your Gypsy into the back of your Imagine
6. Insert your Imagine cartridge and wait until it has loaded on the Imagine
7. Press the OK button on the Gypsy
8. The percent bar on the Gypsy will turn red and start to progress to 100%

If The Gypsy tells you it does not recognize the cartridge then you may have to repeat some or all of the steps above. Usually, just selecting the Add button again and then pressing OK will work though. Or try removing the Imagine cartridge, blowing lightly into the connector end and reinserting the cartridge. Then select the Add button on the bottom of the Gypsy.

Chris
Provo Craft

I don't have an imagine, but I have the E2 do I do the same steps as above to link the imagine carts to my E2?
BJR Offline
#57 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 7:57:47 AM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
I was told yesterday by CS NOT to link my Imagine carts to the Gypsy as they will take up ALL available space on it and that there will be something coming out down the road to take care of this- whatever it is. BJR.
Buggin_Out Offline
#58 Posted : Tuesday, May 24, 2011 4:49:22 PM(UTC)
Buggin_Out

I've also heard there can be space issues with linking I carts to the Gypsy. FWIW, I've linked 4 art carts and 5 paper carts so far (all at one time) and they only took up an additional 7% of available memory. So, so far so good.
14cross Offline
#59 Posted : Friday, May 27, 2011 1:28:17 PM(UTC)
14cross

Originally Posted by: mhjudge67 Go to Quoted Post
I don't have an imagine, but I have the E2 do I do the same steps as above to link the imagine carts to my E2?

Sorry for the late reply, I have been out of town.

You can link your Imagine cartridges to your Gypsy the same way you would with your Imagine. Just follow those instructions.

Also, Imagine cartridges do take up more room on your Gypsy but its nothing terrible. I loaded all of the Imagine cartridges onto a Gypsy that had over 100 Cricut cartridges already linked to it and I still had plenty of room. But that is the reason that Imagine cartridges can be de-linked from the Gypsy, so that you can use the memory for other purposes.

Chris
Provo Craft
Ms.Scrappytoyou! Offline
#60 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2011 2:45:35 PM(UTC)
Ms.Scrappytoyou!

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 13 post(s)
[quote=LAMom23;715727]Please help!!! My G just keeps saying "The Gypsy is unable to connect to the Imagine". I've tried doing it step by step exactly the way Chris said several times... just keeps refusing to connect. This is SOOO frustrating after I spent 5 1/2 hours Thursday night trying to update my G and it failed and then doing it for 3 hours last night until it finally took.

Lisa

I am having the exact same problem.
I've been trying to work through this. This weekend, I've updated the Imagine and my Gypsy.
My version numbers for the Imagine are: 1.01 (0079.007.0239.201G)

The version number for the Gypsy is 1.4 (0210:0220)

After running the Cricut Sync over, I honestly don't think my Imagine's version number changed. I wrote it down before the update and compared it after the update.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks.

Edited by user Monday, May 30, 2011 6:14:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified