Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

NewbieCrafter Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 05, 2011 7:08:08 PM(UTC)
NewbieCrafter

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 236 time(s) in 148 post(s)
Hi folks!

I know this is a Provo Craft board, but I was wondering if I could bring up other items by different companies on here like scoring boards, favorite brand of scissors, ATG guns, etc.? I have a couple products in mind that I'd like to purchase but want some honest feedback on them before I purchase.

Once I know if I can bring up other companies, I'll proceed from there. If I can't talk about them on here - I completely understand. I really don't think Cricut makes any of these products.

Cheers!
Ian
Sherri Kay Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 05, 2011 7:10:48 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2304 time(s) in 2062 post(s)
You cannot talk about 3rd party software, etc., but the products you mentioned are discussed all the time.
 1 user thanked Sherri Kay for this useful post.
NewbieCrafter on 3/5/2011(UTC)
NewbieCrafter Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 05, 2011 7:20:04 PM(UTC)
NewbieCrafter

Thanks! Makes sense - I appreciate your timely response. Below are the products I have my eye on. If anyone uses these, I'd appreciate their honest feedback. Which ones I should purchase over the others, or rank them in what order I should purchase them?

Crafters Companion "The Enveloper" - Simpler version of "The Ultimate Tool"
Crafters Companion "The Ultimate Tool" - Pretty much an all-in-one handy tool
Crafters Companion "Clevercut 5-in-1 Paper Trimmer" - I'm attracted to this one because of the different cutting blades, and the corner rounder, plus the option of the swinging arm
**wow that's a lot of Crafter's Companion**
Crop-a-Dile Eyelets & Punch kit (comes in a clear box with lime colored crop-a-dile and different eyelets already in the package)
Scotch ATG Gun
Favorite scissors? I would like them with a longer blade then the ones I currently use (there's a 2 inch blade and it's quite small)

Anything else I may be missing?

Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers,
ian
gcmcevoy Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, March 05, 2011 7:24:03 PM(UTC)
gcmcevoy

United States

Was thanked: 702 time(s) in 607 post(s)
Like Sherrikay said , as long as it is not the third party programs mostly everything is a go to talk about. Don't forget to post in other forums too( there is a way to cross post but I don't know how so I can't tell you , soo sorryBlushing ). There are a lot of people who read cricut chat and general chat so post there as well as here . Also those two areas are usually were people post their "finds" and let you know what craft stores are running what specials.HTH
G
 1 user thanked gcmcevoy for this useful post.
NewbieCrafter on 3/5/2011(UTC)
NewbieCrafter Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, March 05, 2011 7:26:26 PM(UTC)
NewbieCrafter

Originally Posted by: GinaMcEvoy Go to Quoted Post
Like Sherrikay said , as long as it is not the third party programs mostly everything is a go to talk about. Don't forget to post in other forums too( there is a way to cross post but I don't know how so I can't tell you , soo sorryBlushing ). There are a lot of people who read cricut chat and general chat so post there as well as here . Also those two areas are usually were people post their "finds" and let you know what craft stores are running what specials.HTH
G

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! BigGrin
gcmcevoy Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, March 05, 2011 7:39:16 PM(UTC)
gcmcevoy

United States

Was thanked: 702 time(s) in 607 post(s)
No problem! Frankly , I think the board is needing some fresh faces and questions so I think you would be very welcom on those two forums. The ladies here love to help ! Just a word of warning though ... watch out of Okieladybug she will have you RoFl in NO Time!
Sherri Kay Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, March 05, 2011 11:58:30 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2304 time(s) in 2062 post(s)
Regarding the ATG gun, it sure gets rave reviews on this message board! I have and love it also. Some of the ladies also talk about the Tim Holz scissors (they really love it). I have the pink Crop-A-Dile and use mine a lot. As to the other items you listed, I don't know anything about them, but like Gina stated above, post in the Cricut Chat and General Chat areas. You should get plenty of responses there. Good luck and welcome aboard!
 1 user thanked Sherri Kay for this useful post.
NewbieCrafter on 3/6/2011(UTC)
nightmare/fan Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, March 06, 2011 11:47:56 AM(UTC)
nightmare/fan

United States

Was thanked: 265 time(s) in 138 post(s)
I do have the Enveloper and like it a lot and find it easy to use. I know some people prefer the Scor-Pal for cards and envelopes. I have not tried the other Crafters Companion items.
I do like the Crop-A-Dile a lot for eyelet setting. I use quite often.
I do prefer Fiskars brand scissors and they do make some with longer blades.
I do not have an ATG yet, but am hoping to own one soon.
Hope this has helped a little.
 1 user thanked nightmare/fan for this useful post.
NewbieCrafter on 3/6/2011(UTC)
NewbieCrafter Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, March 06, 2011 4:14:24 PM(UTC)
NewbieCrafter

Thank you, everyone! I appreciate it. I almost picked up the ATG gun when I was in Michael's today because they are having a 40% off sale (seems to be a popular number for sales at Joann/Michael's). When I inquired at Joann Fabrics about ATG guns they looked at me like I had 3 heads and told me to go to Lowe's. Once I get paid this week I'll get over to Michael's and pick one up. They are also having a sale on 40% off Sizzix and Cuttlebug's. Let's hope I have enough to pick up the Cuttlebug - would love to have one!

Thanks for the advice on the products you have and love. Will add that into the "wishlist".

Cheers!
Ian
luvmyE&G Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, March 08, 2011 7:13:38 PM(UTC)
luvmyE&G

United States

Was thanked: 1356 time(s) in 700 post(s)
Originally Posted by: IanDreger Go to Quoted Post
Thanks! Makes sense - I appreciate your timely response. Below are the products I have my eye on. If anyone uses these, I'd appreciate their honest feedback. Which ones I should purchase over the others, or rank them in what order I should purchase them?

Crafters Companion "The Enveloper" - Simpler version of "The Ultimate Tool"
Crafters Companion "The Ultimate Tool" - Pretty much an all-in-one handy tool
Crafters Companion "Clevercut 5-in-1 Paper Trimmer" - I'm attracted to this one because of the different cutting blades, and the corner rounder, plus the option of the swinging arm
**wow that's a lot of Crafter's Companion**
Crop-a-Dile Eyelets & Punch kit (comes in a clear box with lime colored crop-a-dile and different eyelets already in the package)
Scotch ATG Gun
Favorite scissors? I would like them with a longer blade then the ones I currently use (there's a 2 inch blade and it's quite small)

Anything else I may be missing?

Any help is much appreciated!

Cheers,
ian

I have the enveloper and used it quite a bit until I got the Martha Stewart's Score board - Now that's all it use. but for a beginner the enveloper is really easy to use.

I have the crop a dile big bite and the regular one and I use both all the time! The big bite is great at punching through thicker stuff!

I love love love my ATG gun - got it at Michael's with a 50% off coupon so what a steal it was and I love it!

I use the cutterbee scissors both the honeybee and the regular I am also a fan of tonic with is my absolute favorite cutter. Cuts straight and clean it's amazing! I also have to use my cutterbee tweezers. I have two pair so if one is lost under paper I have spare. My ribbon iron so my ribbon doesn't curl so many things I could be on here for weeks Oh a good ruler is something I also need. Tim Holtz has a good one that goes from zero in the middle then out so you can line things up perfect.

good luck to you and hope to see what you create!
 1 user thanked luvmyE&G for this useful post.
NewbieCrafter on 3/21/2011(UTC)
Scrappy Tinman Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, March 08, 2011 8:15:28 PM(UTC)
Scrappy Tinman

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 49 post(s)
The ATG gun is an absolute must!
I love the TH sissors

Don't know about the others but I love my MS scoreboard!

Good luck
 1 user thanked Scrappy Tinman for this useful post.
AJsTooCuteGirls Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, March 09, 2011 4:00:04 PM(UTC)
AJsTooCuteGirls

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Originally Posted by: luvmyE&G Go to Quoted Post
I have the enveloper and used it quite a bit until I got the Martha Stewart's Score board - Now that's all it use. but for a beginner the enveloper is really easy to use.

I have the crop a dile big bite and the regular one and I use both all the time! The big bite is great at punching through thicker stuff!

I love love love my ATG gun - got it at Michael's with a 50% off coupon so what a steal it was and I love it!

I use the cutterbee scissors both the honeybee and the regular I am also a fan of tonic with is my absolute favorite cutter. Cuts straight and clean it's amazing! I also have to use my cutterbee tweezers. I have two pair so if one is lost under paper I have spare. My ribbon iron so my ribbon doesn't curl so many things I could be on here for weeks Oh a good ruler is something I also need. Tim Holtz has a good one that goes from zero in the middle then out so you can line things up perfect.

good luck to you and hope to see what you create!

I have the BEST ruler EVER! Zero is in the middle and its clear so you can line things up even easier because you can see right thru the ruler! I LOVE it! I got it at Archivers a couple years ago. I think its a Deja Views centering ruler. Its great!

I have the crop a dile and LOVE it! I use it a ton and its come in handy around the house a few times too! I want to get the big bite but havent yet.
 1 user thanked AJsTooCuteGirls for this useful post.
heaven4333 Offline
#13 Posted : Wednesday, March 09, 2011 4:14:13 PM(UTC)
heaven4333

Was thanked: 258 time(s) in 244 post(s)
Ditto on Atg GUN AND CROPADILE,
I also use a fiskars scissors with
big handles and microtip, I love it!
Re embosser you might compare the big shot
with the cuddlebug. I have big shot and
love it, I think it's a bit more stable and
a little bit bigger.
Something I would like to ask some folks is
I am thinking about getting a different cutter,
what type do you recommend. I like the ones that
have a single point vs a wheel blade.
 1 user thanked heaven4333 for this useful post.
sweetpea1030 Offline
#14 Posted : Wednesday, March 09, 2011 9:46:23 PM(UTC)
sweetpea1030

Was thanked: 1604 time(s) in 1019 post(s)
The easiest way to do a cross post is to copy your post on this screen then past it onto the other forums and just addd Xpost in the subject line. Just remember to go straight to xposting so you will not lose the post from memory. Hope that's clear and HTH.

Happy Scrapping!
Confused
 1 user thanked sweetpea1030 for this useful post.
MELM Offline
#15 Posted : Thursday, March 10, 2011 5:30:46 AM(UTC)
MELM

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 35 post(s)
I agree with everyon...ATG is a must. I have the score pal and MS scoring tool....just bought it. I haven't had a chance to work with it much but think I will like it better. It has the envelope triangle and love that it has scoring lines all the way across at every 1/8? Or is it 1/4 of an inch. The only thing I would disagree on is the cropadile.....I have both versions. I love the ability to hole punch where ever and also through thick matierial. Hate the way it sets eyelets....but maybe that is just operator error! BigGrin Anyway....have fun!