Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

vickybrown Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 11:33:41 AM(UTC)
vickybrown

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 26 post(s)
i made a card with rose flowers a square card what kind of envelope our do you a box the flowers stick up on the envelope and wont close how do you send them in mail to someone
thank you
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 7:03:30 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7555 time(s) in 4426 post(s)
Most of my cards end up being a little bigger than a standard-sized envelope that you see most cards are made for. So, I merely buy the Kraft manila-looking envelopes (I think they're 5X7") at Walmart. You can buy a box of 25 for $3.98 or something like that. (Less than $4).

I can use a full sheet of 12X12 patterned paper to use for my whole card (folded in half and in half again). I have to cut off one edge (hold it up to your envelope to be sure your width isn't too much) to fit. If I am going to have something overlay on the card, I just make sure I have cut it down far enough to accommodate that.

Most of my cards go through on one stamp; however, if you have anything too bulky (more than 1/4") or too hard (embellishments that are not soft), you will need to add another stamp. When I do this, I always take the envelope in when I'm ready to mail it, to see if I need to add postage. AGAIN, most of my cards go with one stamp.

I don't worry too much about the fact the recipient is opening a manila envelope and pulling the card out with nothing else over it. I have been known, though, to put the card in a see-through envelope inside the manila, just for a little added interest when they do pull the card out. It depends my mood, who I'm sending it to and how important it is to me whether or not this will add anything of value.

Hope this helps a little and is not too hard to understand.

Char

Edited by user Sunday, January 16, 2011 7:04:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
vickybrown on 1/20/2011(UTC), AmandaWason on 2/10/2011(UTC)
sweetpea1030 Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 7:24:25 PM(UTC)
sweetpea1030

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 1604 time(s) in 1019 post(s)
If it's something I don't want smushed, I may put in bubble wrap or a bubble wrap bag and write "fragile" on the outside. Also, putting it in a little box to mail. It lets the receiver know that this is something special. HTH
BigGrin

Edited by user Saturday, January 22, 2011 9:49:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked sweetpea1030 for this useful post.
vickybrown on 1/20/2011(UTC)
KarenFrantz1 Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 7:58:35 PM(UTC)
KarenFrantz1

I recently mailed invites with a hard plastic diaper pin. I had to take them to the post office to be hand stamped and the postage was much higher. I won't do that again for invitations!!! For a single card I would pay the extra postage and have it hand stamped. I made the envelopes with my cricut to match the size of the invites exactly. I think the suggestions the others made are good for ready made envelopes. I would also recommend taking to the post office and talking with them. I found them to be very helpful.
vickybrown Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 20, 2011 12:00:45 PM(UTC)
vickybrown

Was thanked: 75 time(s) in 26 post(s)
THANK YOU FOR ALL HELP VERY HELPFUL
DeeScraps Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 22, 2011 8:15:17 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 706 time(s) in 538 post(s)
I do have the PO check anything that I think might need extra postage. Quite often they don't, which surprises me. It has to be able to "bend." That seems to be the biggest problem....and the size. It can't be smaller than 3-1/2 x 5 so some old envelopes I had here can't be used unless I pay extra. It's the same with the 5x5.

Dee
JoyceL Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 29, 2011 4:22:36 PM(UTC)
JoyceL

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Although I often make my own envelopes, I have found odd-sized envelopes at a variety of places: Staples, small printing places, etc. Also, a friend gave me the great idea of shopping after Christmas for cards. I wait until the cards are under $1 and buy them just for the unusual sized envelopes, often at 25 cents for a set of 12! It's a great way to build up a supply, and you can donate the cards to schools, churches, etc. for kid projects. When I have a card with a lot of embellishments, I often put it in a slightly bigger envelope than what it would really take. Gives you the room to actually seal it. Also, square cards always cost more, so put them in rectangular envelopes (even if bigger) and it saves. I also check with the post office to make doubly sure!