Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Erica Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 5:31:56 PM(UTC)
Erica

Groups: Registered

Hi,

My name is Erica and this is my first time on the website. I recieved the personal cricut machine last year and have only used it once. I wanted to know if anyone could give me some ideas on how to get started. Thx.

EricaBigGrin
Doxieluv01 Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 5:44:47 PM(UTC)
Doxieluv01

Was thanked: 2261 time(s) in 1788 post(s)
Erica welcome to the messageboard.

I would suggest getting that baby out and just cut things without planning on making anything in particular to learn your machine. also, Robyn from www.mypinkstamper.com has a lot of video tutorials on her website on learning how to use your cricut.

there are also lots of helpful people on this board so ask your questions and you'll get answers!!!!
 1 user thanked Doxieluv01 for this useful post.
Erica on 2/1/2011(UTC)
MamaC2 Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2011 4:43:29 AM(UTC)
MamaC2

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 3512 time(s) in 1755 post(s)
Welcome to the message board, Erica! If your machine came with a DVD, please watch it! There is so much information!

As Dixieluv01 said...check out Robyn's website and then ask questions here on the MB!
 1 user thanked MamaC2 for this useful post.
Erica on 2/1/2011(UTC)
scrapalette Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2011 6:14:09 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18427 time(s) in 8190 post(s)
Welcome!

I would start with one of the projects that is in the front of the handbook for the cart(s) you have. That will get you familiar with the machine. Be sure to check into the forums that interest your, like Cards, LOs and Other Crafts, for some inspiration!
enolamom Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2011 6:19:18 AM(UTC)
enolamom

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 56 post(s)
Oh gosh, the inspiration and ideas you can get on here alone will get you started......but don't be intimidated by some of the projects. Some people have had their various machines for years, so don't be intimidated by how detailed their projects are. Start small and simple and go from there. I've been amazed just how quickly I've improved given the tips and suggestions I've seen. You can Google (click on images once you're there) and type in the cartridge and lots of ideas will pop up. Also, go to youtube and do the same. There are hundreds and hundreds of videos about virtually anything you need. I had no idea how to layer, so I typed in youtube, create a critter, and voila, just what I needed to teach me. You can truly find anything there. Oh, as you read the posts on here, take notice that lots of the ladies have blogs. Check them out for sure since lots of them have ideas, projects, suggestions, and even videos. They are truly a goldmine of inspirations. Hope you get more use out of it now that you've discovered this community.

Edited by user Wednesday, January 26, 2011 6:19:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked enolamom for this useful post.
Erica on 2/1/2011(UTC)