Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

AnnieO Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 11:23:35 AM(UTC)
AnnieO

Groups: Registered

I just purchased my expression before Christmas and haven't really played around much with it. I have made a couple cards but what do you use for envelopes? Are there carts that have envelopes on them?

I understand to weld the letters you need either a gypsy or design studio to do that....since I am just learning the expression machine, would you recommend that I wait to get one of these two? Which program would you recommend.

Last question, I like the look of embossing on paper, etc. I currently have the original Sizzix machine, can I use that to emboss or should I get something different?

Thanks, I am currently getting back into scrapbooking after several years...I have about 2 years to complete my son's scrapbook before he graduates.
VinDeeLoo Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 3:46:26 PM(UTC)
VinDeeLoo

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 11 post(s)
AnnieO wrote:
I just purchased my expression before Christmas and haven't really played around much with it. I have made a couple cards but what do you use for envelopes? Are there carts that have envelopes on them?

I use my ScorPal to make envelopes. Yes there are carts with envelopes, but I am not sure which one.

Quote:
I understand to weld the letters you need either a gypsy or design studio to do that....since I am just learning the expression machine, would you recommend that I wait to get one of these two? Which program would you recommend.

I got a gypsy for Christmas when I got my E. I love it. I would say don't wait. You can do so much more with them.

Quote:
Last question, I like the look of embossing on paper, etc. I currently have the original Sizzix machine, can I use that to emboss or should I get something different?

Use what you have. You don't need to get something else.

Quote:
Thanks, I am currently getting back into scrapbooking after several years...I have about 2 years to complete my son's scrapbook before he graduates.

Sounds great.
Doxieluv01 Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, January 25, 2011 5:58:27 PM(UTC)
Doxieluv01

Was thanked: 2261 time(s) in 1788 post(s)
AnnieO wrote:

there are tons of carts with envelopes on them. if you have plantin schoolbook there is an envelope on that one.

AnnieO wrote:

OMG no do not wait you will get soooo much more variety using one of those programs. The ability to weld letters is just one of the great features on these programs. I have both DS and the gypsy and find that the gypsy is much more user friendly although they both have learning curves everyone on the boards here are soooo helpful. It also depends on what your price range is. DS some people are finding for somewhere around $25 whereas a gypsy if you're lucky to find one at Michaels witll be cheap whereas other places are selling it for somewhere between $85 and $100.

With DS you will need to load your cartridges each time you cut from them whereas with the gypsy you load your carts to the gypsy and you don't insert them in to the machine. Also, PC has a free promotion right now where if you register a gypsy by 2/28 you will receive 5 free digital cartridges (Blackletter, Tag bags boxes and more, Christmas (the solutions cart), Printing Press, and Indie Art)

MamaC2 Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, January 26, 2011 4:39:58 AM(UTC)
MamaC2

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 3512 time(s) in 1755 post(s)
Welcome to the message board, AnnieO! You are in the right place to have your questions answered!

If you want to make envelopes, you might try Wild Card. After a learning curve, you will be making great envelopes! However, this cartridge really needs to be used with the Expression (12x12 mat) to cut envelopes! There are many cartridges with card/envelopes! Check out the cartridge forums for lots more ideas.

For A2 and A6 sized cards, I purchase envelopes from a nearby printing service. I can get a box of 250 envelopes for 17.00. I also keep my eye on yard sales, flea markets and thrift stores. You would be surprised how many cards w/envelopes are available for just pennies! I discard the cards...unless there are some really pretty images that I can cut-out and use!Wink

If you are in the market for something else to emboss paper, you just can't go wrong with the Cuttlebug! You can use other brand dies and embossing folders in the Cuttlebug. I use my Cuttlebug just about as much as my E!

Edited by user Wednesday, January 26, 2011 4:40:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified