Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

EydieGellins Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 23, 2011 3:23:23 PM(UTC)
EydieGellins

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Just in the last few days my Cricut has started tearing the paper. On some spots it is almost like "chewing" instead of the smooth cuts I used to get. I have read several topics on this and have changed the settings up and down, put in a new blade and purchased a new mat. (My Expression was purchased in November) Some people suggest that it may be the paper, I use a variety of paper anything from Wal-Mart to Martha Stewart and also Cricut paper. This is the same paper I have been using since I purchased the Cricut and was getting smooth cuts until recently. I also saw where someone suggested to take out the blade and blow in the housing to make sure there weren't any bits inside. I did this also. Does anyone have any other suggestions before I call Customer Service?
Thank you in advance!

Eydie
sweetpea1030 Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 12:21:27 AM(UTC)
sweetpea1030

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 1604 time(s) in 1019 post(s)
Have you tried a new blade and/or new mat? Do you use the small green spatula to smooth the paper down to make sure there are no air bubbles? If you're using the multi-cut feature, have you tried turning it off? Some folks like you use their blade at the longest level. I keep my pretty much on four and use the multi-cut feature. Thick and thin paper will not cut the same. Unfortunately, you can't just set it once and forget it. You may have to adjust everything with each different paper or cardstock. Sometimes you have to just play around and see what works. And, always, always use scrap paper to test your cut so you don't use up all your good paper. HTH
Confused
EydieGellins Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 6:31:30 AM(UTC)
EydieGellins

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Yes, I did try a new mat and new blade even though my blade was only 2 months old. The problem is that it had been cutting fine and then all of a sudden it wasn't even though I used the same paper and same settings. I haven't used the multi-cut feature because I'm not cutting anything thick just cardstock and pattern paper. I'm using a variety of brands of paper but I have been using this paper all along and it was cutting very well until about a week ago. You are correct about using scrap paper but the tears are in different areas every time so I haven't had much success with that either.

Thanks!
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, January 24, 2011 8:17:44 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7597 time(s) in 4447 post(s)
Are you making sure when you return the blade that the black arrow is facing out at you before you screw the armature tight? I have it slightly to the left of the crack where the two arms come together (when you tighten the screw). I don't explain things very well; hope you got that.

Have you tried using a bigger dimension on your cut, just to see if it cuts out better? I would try this, if you are trying a smaller, intricate cut. Sometimes, the smaller cuts just don't do that well on certain papers. It's a game of TRIAL!

Char