Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

MeriGaus Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 4:24:01 PM(UTC)
MeriGaus

Groups: Registered

I'm a user and have done lots but I have not made cards and would like to start. Is there a certain cartridge you need or some simple instructions to follow. Thanks, Meri
sweetpea1030 Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 7:15:31 PM(UTC)
sweetpea1030

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 1604 time(s) in 1019 post(s)
Hi, Meri, welcome to the MB!

There are some carts that are mostly all cards. The one of them was a free download for gypsy users that purchased before 1/28/11 called Smiley Cards.

The other cart that comes to mind is Just Because. It is almost all cards, ready to cut as is. Very handle for a super quick card.

There is a website that several folks on the board find useful in searching for things on the carts. It's called cricutsearch.com. You can try that. You can also look at the handbooks on cricut.com. If you have the gypsy or design studio, you can do a keyword search, but I've been told it's not as inclusive as the website cricutsearch.com. You can downnload a free copy of Design Studio from cricut.com.HTH
Confused
Narelle Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 7:35:33 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7569 time(s) in 3533 post(s)
Another "all card" cartridge worth looking at is Wild Card.

You might like to take a browse through the Cards forum here on the messageboard. You'll get lots of great ideas there. Here's the link for that forum: http://community.provocraft.com...ity_topics37_Cards-.aspx

Welcome to the messageboard. Hope you enjoy your time here!

P.S. HIDE YOUR CREDIT CARD! LOL
CricketCMV Online
#4 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 7:55:19 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 7569 time(s) in 4434 post(s)
I simply fold a 12X12 patterned paper and use it for my card. If I'm making some of the "fun" cards so many have freely shared instructions to on this MB, then I cut my paper down as instructed.

For envelopes, I buy the cheapest cards I can find on sale after the holidays the size of most of the cards I make (usually, I don't like the card itself, so it goes in the trash) to send my cards out. I also use Kraft 5x7 Clasp Envelopes (I buy these at Walmart; 25/less than $4) for my bigger cards. I always make sure the width of my card is a little less than the 5" of the envelope. Length doesn't matter!

This is what I do most of the time. I also have a few of the carts that cut your card out for you; they are fun. I have more fun making my own, though.

Char
LindaGull Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 8:18:12 PM(UTC)
LindaGull

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 25 post(s)
the PS hide your credit card.....she wasn't kidding. I got my cricut for Christmas. I have worn my poor ups man out, in fact I think I see him more then his wife does. Everyday is like Christmas here. But it has sure been fun.
Khrista Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 16, 2011 8:36:35 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Was thanked: 2490 time(s) in 1389 post(s)
The cartridges suggested are good ones. Wild Card can be a harder one to follow, but there's some good tutorials on how to use that one. It's mainly that all the images look alike so you should number your booklet etc. You can get a cartridge that has cards on it (Just Because is a good one) or juse use the cartridges you have. If you want what's called an A2 size, then you cut a piece of 8.5x11" paper in half and then fold the half in half. I don't do much scrapbooking and mainly make cards but look at it as a mini scrapbook layout minus the picture most the time. :) Images.. if you're doing layering.. maybe try 3" and see how you like that size. Go to the cards forum and look at some there for great ideas. I also love mypinkstamper.com as she does lots of cards that are usually pretty simple but nice/cute. :)

HTH
Have fun!
:)Khrista
smiley Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, January 17, 2011 7:45:25 AM(UTC)
smiley

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 17 post(s)
splitcoast stampers have tonz of ideas
Barbi Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 7:08:22 PM(UTC)
Barbi

United States

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 42 post(s)
purchased before 1/28/11 called Smiley Cards
How do you get the download for this? i tried to find it on the gypsy on the website and it is not there? How do i find it for the download since i just got my gypsy...
Oh btw, the comment about hiding your credit cards are so true! :-)
Thanks,
Barbi
sweetpea1030 Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 10:15:34 PM(UTC)
sweetpea1030

Was thanked: 1604 time(s) in 1019 post(s)
Hey, barbi
If you go to to cricut.com the ad page is there, click on the arrow until the one about the gypsy download appears. Then click on the icon and follow the instructions. You can also download the handbooks from cricut .com. Select information and that should take you to the page. HTH
Confused

Edited by user Wednesday, January 19, 2011 10:22:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked sweetpea1030 for this useful post.
Barbi on 1/20/2011(UTC)
Narelle Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, January 19, 2011 10:31:58 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Was thanked: 7569 time(s) in 3533 post(s)
BarbiBuchanan wrote:
purchased before 1/28/11 called Smiley Cards
How do you get the download for this? i tried to find it on the gypsy on the website and it is not there? How do i find it for the download since i just got my gypsy...
Oh btw, the comment about hiding your credit cards are so true! :-)
Thanks,
Barbi

To qualify for the Smiley Cards download you had to have registered your Gypsy by Nov 1, 2010.

If you do qualify, you need to use Cricut Sync to update your Gypsy and download the free carts. If you haven't updated your Gypsy yet you may need to do it multiple times. (Once for each update). Once you are up to date your version number will be 206:209. (Click on the spanner icon on the Welcome screen to get to the settings where you'll see the version number).

The link to download Cricut Sync is: http://www.cricut.com/imagine/support.aspx

If you like step by step instructions on how to update the Gypsy you can see them here: http://myfaqcricutds.blogspot.c...updating-your-gypsy.html
 2 users thanked Narelle for this useful post.
Barbi on 1/20/2011(UTC), scrapalette on 1/22/2011(UTC)