Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Illuzionary Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, January 05, 2011 5:41:29 AM(UTC)
Illuzionary

Groups: Registered

Hello all,

I really need some help. I just received the Cricut Imagine and I'm experiencing problems with the machine already Angry . At first use, I followed the instructions, the machine updated and I was able to print and cut my first project. The second use, I had to update the machine again (odd) and after that I was able to print and cut. On the third use, my machine printed but did not cut. I tried to print and cut something else and the machine did neither. It seemed like it was going to the screen that tells you to insert your paper but after waiting five minutes it stayed at the preview screen. I tried to going to the setting but it froze. I've turned the machine on and off hoping it would work but I still got the same results. Any suggestions??

Thanks!!
Khrista Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, January 05, 2011 9:05:16 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2490 time(s) in 1389 post(s)
I would go to the Imagine forum. I have one, but not sure I can answer your question. Depending when the machine was bought, it probably does have a few updates to do. I bought mine at launch and it's had 3 updates so far and there's another one coming soon. On the main menu screen, do you have 4 boxes? One that would allow you to print a full piece of 12x12 patterned paper? If not, it needs another update which could be the problem. Make sure you haven't accidently covered up the heavy black lines. I've done that once and it didn't like that. :) It printed, but then didn't cut. It needs those for knowing where to go for printing and cutting. Hm.. guessing you've hit the button and lightly pushed the mat in since you've done some already. Those are my few suggestions I'm comfortable given. If it's still not working, write down the loooong number on the screen that tells you what version it is and then ask the same question in the Imagine forum with that info in it. There's a tech person that follows that thread that should be able to help.

You'll love it when it's going!
:)Khrista
Illuzionary Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, January 05, 2011 10:56:13 PM(UTC)
Illuzionary

Groups: Registered

Thank you so much for your help! Unfortunately, I've decided to return it. I think I will repurchase it when all of the kinks have been worked out.

Thanks again!