Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

SusyCannon Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 01, 2011 11:57:44 AM(UTC)
SusyCannon

Groups: Registered

I just received the Personal Electronic Cutter to make my daughter's shower invitations. I am so confused!
I have the George and Basic Shapes cartridge and the Forever Young cartridge also. Can anyone help me as to where I start to make a SHOE Invitation card. Can this be done with what I currently have? I looked through all the PROJECTS here but could not find anything related. Can any one help???
Thanking you so much in advance for any direction/help I could get!!!
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 01, 2011 5:52:01 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7615 time(s) in 3552 post(s)
You need a cart that has a shoe on it to start. Luckily Forever Young has quite a few.

You can just cut out one of the shoes and place it on the front of a card, but if it's a shoe shaped card you want you will need to use either the Cricut Design Studio software or a Gypsy.

Here's a link to a DS tutorial on making shaped cards. It uses the Create a Critter cart but the method is still the same.

http://myfaqcricutds.blogspot.c...ritter-shaped-cards.html

Edited by user Saturday, January 01, 2011 8:03:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked Narelle for this useful post.
SusyCannon on 1/1/2011(UTC), scrapalette on 1/2/2011(UTC)
SusyCannon Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 01, 2011 6:40:53 PM(UTC)
SusyCannon

Thank you so so much Narelle!

I will purchase the Cricut Design Studio to be able to cut the shape of the shoe!!!

Thanks again - much appreciated!
Susy
enolamom Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 01, 2011 7:17:10 PM(UTC)
enolamom

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 56 post(s)
Susy, I just got design studio for Christmas. I haven't had a chance to try it yet......I'm feeling intimidated by it. I'm sure you're more computer savvy than I am though. Just a suggestion. Prices for Design Studio vary widely. Check Ebay, Amazon, etc. Both were much cheaper than my local craft stores. There are lots of other online sellers that also get mentioned on the boards. Maybe someone can recommend one for you to try. Please post a sample of your finished product if you get a chance.
 1 user thanked enolamom for this useful post.
SusyCannon on 1/1/2011(UTC)
SusyCannon Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, January 01, 2011 8:20:40 PM(UTC)
SusyCannon

Thank you Enolamom!

I have been looking at Design Studio and it looks like too much for me also. I have had another thought though - I think I am going to try and just cut a large shoe and attach a black white card with the info on it. Similiar to this idea:
http://www.finestationer...oduct.cfm?prod_id=24780
Do you know if I can just cut one shoe from the Forever Young cartridge and how i would do that??

Thanks again!
Susy
gcmcevoy Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, January 01, 2011 9:37:18 PM(UTC)
gcmcevoy

United States

Was thanked: 702 time(s) in 607 post(s)
Hi and welcome to the MB!

If you can find summer in Paris really cheap the shoe is just what you are looking for. It has lace shoe that is to die for and the shadow which is probably what you want. The lace shoe has a lot of little cuts in it and may be too much to do,depending on when the shower is.
Find some pretty patterned paper and you will have a beautiful invite.
Just to let you know you can look at all the hand books for all the carts on cricut.com or go to cricutsearch.com. This web site was started by a message board member and it will tell you what carts have a shape you are looking for. Good luck post a picture when you have finished the invites.
 1 user thanked gcmcevoy for this useful post.
SusyCannon on 1/2/2011(UTC)
enolamom Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, January 01, 2011 10:22:19 PM(UTC)
enolamom

Was thanked: 73 time(s) in 56 post(s)
Susy, It looks like the shoes in the Forever Young cartridge have to be cut in pairs. You would probably have to experiment on some scrap paper, cutting some different sizes to find what you need. If you wanted to try the Summer in Paris cartridge as recommended, Cricutmachine.com has it on sale right now for $14.95. I'm not sure what shipping would be for one cart though. I've purchased from them twice and received my orders very quickly, but some have mentioned slow shipping. Not sure what your time frame is. Keep watching for updates to your post. People are VERY knowledgeable on these boards and someone will give you some great advice. I agree with the previous post that recommended cricutsearch.com. It's a great source. Good luck.
 1 user thanked enolamom for this useful post.
Khrista Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, January 01, 2011 10:41:08 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Was thanked: 2490 time(s) in 1389 post(s)
You have at least two shoe options in Forever Young. They will have to be cut in pairs. However, if you use a solid cardstock then you can always just flip one the opposite direction if you want just one shoe on the invitation. To use design studio, you *have* to have the cartridge of the image you're going to cut. You wouldn't be able to pick a shoe from any cart and have it cut it unless you own that particular cartridge. I have the Forever Young cartridge and you could do some cute invitations. You can take a card, then use your George cartridge to cut some pretty patterned paper if you want in a rectangle/square that is smaller than the card so you have part of the card edge showing all the way around, then have some ribbon on there before you glue that down and then put the shoes on it. If you go to Google Images, and then type in "Cricut Forever Young Card", it'll pull up different idea's for you. A blog that has great tutorials is mypinkstamper.com You can also always go youtube and there's tons of video's.

Hope that helps!
:)Khrista
 1 user thanked Khrista for this useful post.
scrapalette Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, January 02, 2011 11:34:44 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 18454 time(s) in 8203 post(s)
There are some great projects using Forever Young in the Cart Exploration forums on this MB and on the old Cricut MB at cricut.com.

Hope you post a photo of your invite! BigGrin
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
SusyCannon Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, January 02, 2011 12:24:33 PM(UTC)
SusyCannon

Thank you so much EVERYONE!!!

You have ALL provided me with a number of options and I am rethinking the invite using your suggestions and without buying more cartridges!!

What I don't know how to access is the Cart Exploration forums on this MB??

Where do i find it. Sorry, I am so inexperienced with this!!

Thank you again everyone - once I finish the final invite, I will post!!

Susy
Doxieluv01 Offline
#11 Posted : Sunday, January 02, 2011 12:36:07 PM(UTC)
Doxieluv01

Was thanked: 2261 time(s) in 1788 post(s)
SusyCannon wrote:
What I don't know how to access is the Cart Exploration forums on this MB??

you can find the cartridge forums here http://community.provocr...topics75_Cartridges.aspx