Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Acentrix Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, December 31, 2010 11:12:48 PM(UTC)
Acentrix

Groups: Registered

I just got a Cricut Cake for Christmas... Yippie!! As I was going through the video and manual it explains how to attach the blade into the machine. My problem is trying to adjust the blade accordingly, so it's not cutting into my matt. The manual states to adjust it by the number of the blade, but there are no numbers on the blade as illustrated in the manual. Can anyone help me with this?Confused
gcmcevoy Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 01, 2011 9:21:08 AM(UTC)
gcmcevoy

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 702 time(s) in 607 post(s)
First , welcome to the message board glade you found us.
I don't have a cake machine (you might want to repost this under the cake forum) but I think the machines are basically the same. On the blade housing there is a clicky dial that has numbers on it, that is for your blade depth. When you put your housing in the holder make sure the arrow that show the number is facing you directly.
As far as the mat goes if it is like the rest of the bugs the blade is going to cut into the mat. That's what it does,if it doesn't scratch the mat the blade is not cutting the material all the way through.
Hope that helps a little . But I would check out the Cake machine forum here on the board.
Hope you are having a wonderful new year there in Colorado. (Have a friend who lives in WheatRidge )
Happy New Year!
scrapalette Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 02, 2011 11:47:32 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18425 time(s) in 8188 post(s)
The blade housing unit for the Cake does not have blade depth options. You need to decrease the pressure to keep the blade from cutting into the mat (although there still may be some cut marks on the lowest pressure depending on what you are cutting).