Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

PattyGolden Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 18, 2010 5:41:41 PM(UTC)
PattyGolden

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 207 time(s) in 25 post(s)
ok, so i've been cricuting for a couple of years now (almost) and i've never used my machines without design studio. so i'm determined to learn (sitting in the same room as the family without the computer hooked up to the bug) . . .

i'm trying to make the cards on Winter Woodland (card feature). i made the poinsettia card just fine. i cut everything at 3" and it all lined up perfectly (i'm so proud!).

now i'm trying to do the holly leaf card. i cut the card at 3", but when i cut the holly leaves at 3", they are WAY TOO BIG. i double-checked that my real-size button wasn't on.

how do i know what size to cut the holly leaves so they will line up? i've tried 2 1/2" and 2" (baby bug, so 1/4" isn't an option) and neither of those work.

is there some magic you use when the layers aren't sized properly?

i checked on the old board on the winter woodland forum and there were no posts, so the answer was not there.

thanks!

Patty
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, December 19, 2010 3:19:25 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7567 time(s) in 3531 post(s)
Well, my first thought WAS real dial size! But if you've double checked, it can't be that.

I don't have that cart so I can't cut it directly from the cricut but I placed all the layers on the mat in DS and they all fit fine. (Unless I have real size checked then I get the huge leaves and berries).

Could you give it one more try after you turn your cricut off then back on again?
PattyGolden Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 19, 2010 4:42:10 AM(UTC)
PattyGolden

Narelle (GirlfromOz) wrote:
Well, my first thought WAS real dial size! But if you've double checked, it can't be that.

I don't have that cart so I can't cut it directly from the cricut but I placed all the layers on the mat in DS and they all fit fine. (Unless I have real size checked then I get the huge leaves and berries).

Could you give it one more try after you turn your cricut off then back on again?

bummer - i tried fresh this morning after the bug slept overnight and i got the same thing. Narelle, when i used DS, with everything placed on the mat at 3", this is what i got - you seemed to get the properly sized pieces when you did it?

Narelle Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 19, 2010 8:16:56 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7567 time(s) in 3531 post(s)
Patty, I posted on your other thread again. I hadn't read your original post properly yesterday and didn't realise till I re-read it that you were using the card feature. I think to do what you want you'll have to use DS (not cut straight from the cart) and play around with the size. In your other thread in Cricut Chat Carol has given you some ideas for the size.

Sorry for being so thick yesterday! Smile
PattyGolden Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 19, 2010 9:30:02 AM(UTC)
PattyGolden

thanks Narelle - i saw that. i got it to work with DS (i knew it would), i'm just disappointed that i have to use it. i'm going to try a few of the others to see if they work or not.

thanks!