Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

SharenJohnson Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 14, 2010 4:24:50 PM(UTC)
SharenJohnson

Groups: Registered

I am fairly new to the cricut system but am running into the same problem over and over again. I cannot seem to get good cuts on Glitter paper and textured card stock. It either rips while cutting or fails to cut clear threw I have done this so far changed the cutting blade changed the pressure changed the speed did single cuts and multi cuts I am at a loss as what to do and have ruined so much cardstock Oh I have also bought a new mat to see if that would help any suggestions
JoySikes Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 14, 2010 4:59:50 PM(UTC)
JoySikes

Was thanked: 3258 time(s) in 2043 post(s)
I hate to tell ya, but my Cricut doesnt like glitter paper either !! I stopped trying to cut it years ago...sorry!
Scrappy Tinman Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 14, 2010 5:12:16 PM(UTC)
Scrappy Tinman

Was thanked: 55 time(s) in 49 post(s)
Sometimes you can get the Cricut to cut glitter paper if you cut the wrong side. I mean put the glitter side to the sticky side of the mat. You have to be careful that it is an image that will flip, reverse, mirror image OR that is symmetric. I only do it when I must have the cricut make the cut be cause you have to reverse all the layers too.

Like I said it only works sometimes and I will usually use put glitter on the paper after I make the cut.
Amyao Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 14, 2010 5:26:52 PM(UTC)
Amyao

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 29 post(s)
To cut glitter paper try this ~

If you have an Expression use the Multi Cut function . If you have a gypsy then when it's done cutting and gives you the option to unload paper or return to design, choose return to design and have it cut again. I have to cut it 2/3 times to make sure the glitter paper cuts through. I also used painters tape and taped it down on my mat. I don't want to take chances of the cardstock moving since the glitter cardstock is not cheep.

Hope this helps
ColleenF Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, December 24, 2010 9:28:58 AM(UTC)
ColleenF

Was thanked: 28 time(s) in 27 post(s)
I have the original small cricut and don't have a problem with glitter paper, I do use the multi-cut feature on DS and cut it twice with the blade on 4 and the pressure on 5. One suggestion is remove your blade and make sure it is clean.
VeronicaRosman Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, December 24, 2010 11:22:32 AM(UTC)
VeronicaRosman

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I use glitter paper a lot. I use multi-cut most of the time, but here are some settings to try for glitter paper:
Pressure (bottom dial on the left side): High
Blade Depth: 5
Speed: 3

If that doesn't work, use the multi-cut on the Expression. If you have the baby bug without Gypsy or DS, here's how to do a "multi-cut":
1. Load the paper so it covers the very top right hand corner.
2. Load the paper into the machine.
3. Cut your image.
4. When it is done cutting, press LOAD PAPER (not unload). This will take blade back to the exact spot you started from. Hit repeat last and cut.
5. As long as you don't move, jimmy or shake the blade housing in any way, or remove the paper, the machine will cut in the same exact place as the first cut.
This is the best way to do glitter paper.

Also, make sure you take the blade out after cutting glitter paper and clean off the blade!
Good luck!
MamasScrappin Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, December 24, 2010 11:43:52 AM(UTC)
MamasScrappin

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 693 time(s) in 630 post(s)
Amyao wrote:
To cut glitter paper try this ~

If you have an Expression use the Multi Cut function . If you have a gypsy then when it's done cutting and gives you the option to unload paper or return to design, choose return to design and have it cut again. I have to cut it 2/3 times to make sure the glitter paper cuts through. I also used painters tape and taped it down on my mat. I don't want to take chances of the cardstock moving since the glitter cardstock is not cheep.

Hope this helps

Actually, on the gypsy you have the option to choose how many times to cut. After you load the mat and under the cut symbol there is an up and a down key next to the number one. At that time you can choose how many times to have it cut without unloading and reloading. HTH