Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

MelissaStanton2 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 6:50:47 PM(UTC)
MelissaStanton2

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I am looking for my christmas gift and have gotten the cricut bug very badly. Should I go for a larger cricut or the gypsy. Cricutmachine has a great deal and would love to take advantage of it.
CynthiaC Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 7:02:43 PM(UTC)
CynthiaC

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I would say start out with the Expression before going on to the Gypsy. I absolutely LOVE my Expression. I started out with the personal Cricut. What I love with the Expression is all the versatility and of course the ability to cut larger sizes. I really like the fill to page. I make a lot of repetitive objects for crafts for children so it's nice to be able to tell the machine what size and amount I need. Have fun whatever you choose to buy.

Cynthia
VickiBrooks1 Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 7:04:40 PM(UTC)
VickiBrooks1

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)

What machine do you currently have? If you have the baby bug then I would go with the larger machine like the Expression. There are so many more creative features and the mat size is up too 12x24. Then later on add the Gypsy. Good luck BigGrin
Doxieluv01 Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 7:32:15 PM(UTC)
Doxieluv01

Was thanked: 2261 time(s) in 1788 post(s)
Michaels will have the gypsy for $99 on black friday ... so maybe you could get the E from cricutmachine and then the gypsy from M's. if not .... that's a tough decision. good luck with it!!!
Scrappymama17 Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 8:31:23 PM(UTC)
Scrappymama17

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Here is my 2 cents. I have a baby bug and then I got a great deal on a gypsy. At first I was intimidated by it but after doing some research and watching some videos, I have learned to use it and I must say it is a GREAT tool to have. I also have the Cricut Design Studio which I had first. I prefer the Gypsy. The fact that you link your cartridges to the gypsy is wonderful. I can design with multiple cartridges without swapping them out. Welding is awesome. There is so much you can do with the gypsy that will make your cutting on your machine so much easier. I have learned to work around the smaller mat to my advantage because of the gypsy. I also want an expression but I'm waiting for a deal. The $99 deal at Michaels is a great deal for the Gypsy plus the 5 free downloads you get from PC. Well, I guess I gave you more then 2 cents worth. hope it helps!