Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

scrapalette Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 07, 2010 8:33:45 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18387 time(s) in 8170 post(s)
The Cricut Magazine is a Scrapbook Trends product. They set the price. Their other publications (which are really more like a book ~100 pages than a magazine) are similar in price and very well done.
Lguild Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 07, 2010 8:42:06 PM(UTC)
Lguild

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1717 time(s) in 690 post(s)
It is expensive but the Cards Magazine is probably the best one on the newstands these days and it's expensive to put out a quality publication.

If you haven't seen a copy of Cards, take time to thumb through one next time you're at HL and you'll see what I mean about quality.

I do an online subscription to Cards, it's MUCH cheaper and I don't have to store the magazines so I'm hoping they'll offer an online subscription to the Cricut one.

scrapalette Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, November 08, 2010 1:52:39 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18387 time(s) in 8170 post(s)
I hate it when people go back and delete their posts! Especially when it's the original post. It makes the rest of the posts not make any sense. Good thing the OP stays on the index even when it doesn't show in the thread any longer:

"$74.95 for a 12 month subscription. Do they pole people to find out how much they'd spend on things before they come up with this stuff or do they just think we all have this kind of money. Well I guess we spend alot of money on their products, I mean..."

NancyDurang Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, November 08, 2010 2:00:13 PM(UTC)
NancyDurang

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Sorry I thought I was deleting the whole post because in hindsight My original post was irrelevant and trite. I didn't think it out enough before posting. I'm sure the magazine will be beautiful, but why can't if be a nice magazine that I don't need a loan to buy. The other day at the store I went on an impulse and grabbed a. Christmas magazine thinking I'd like some ideas or recipes. I figured$4-$5 it was almost $11, I said no thank you. I guess that was on my mind when I posted, I didn't mean to offend anyone or sound so foolish.
Scootingranny Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, November 08, 2010 2:04:18 PM(UTC)
Scootingranny

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 3403 time(s) in 1868 post(s)
I replied to a similar thread on the other MB (I think it was on there). I pay about $6.00 at the WM discounted price whenever I want to buy a regular magazine. Granted that's not a subscription price which is lower but those special magazines for cards that this group makes are much better quality than just a plain old magazine. I am putting money aside to get a 6 month subscription because I really do believe it will be a good one. Everybody has differing opinions but I really enjoy looking at the card magazines like this that my sister buys and every now and then one will have a card made with a cricut cut. Now there's going to be an entire quality magazine with Cricut and cuttlebug projects and I can't wait!
bethdoc Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, November 08, 2010 7:44:43 PM(UTC)
bethdoc

United States

Was thanked: 1184 time(s) in 798 post(s)
The $75 is actually for 2 years, it is only published every other month, so 6 issues a year for 39.99. If the magazine is popular enough, the price might come down as they get more advertisers and subscriptions. I think the price is the same as any other magazine you buy off the rack lately,$6 + for most scrabook magazines. Creating Keepsakes is $5.99 for an issue.
Buggin_Out Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, November 08, 2010 9:20:49 PM(UTC)
Buggin_Out

Was thanked: 385 time(s) in 250 post(s)
NancyDurang wrote:
Sorry I thought I was deleting the whole post because in hindsight My original post was irrelevant and trite. I didn't think it out enough before posting. I'm sure the magazine will be beautiful, but why can't if be a nice magazine that I don't need a loan to buy. The other day at the store I went on an impulse and grabbed a. Christmas magazine thinking I'd like some ideas or recipes. I figured$4-$5 it was almost $11, I said no thank you. I guess that was on my mind when I posted, I didn't mean to offend anyone or sound so foolish.

I don't think it was irrelvant or trite, no matter what other posts after this say. Sure, you can break it down into a per issue price and try to make the math work. I can make a lot of things sound cheap if I do it that way. Problem with that logic here is that it's not being sold as a single issue now (maybe later - I get that, but we cross that bridge when it gets here). This offer turns me off b/c it's for a 24 month period (too long for me personally to commit to a mag) for a product I only get once every other month (doesn't appeal to my instant gratification consumerism), and the product is untested - so I don't even know if I want it before I plop down $75. Finally, I usually pay a lot less for annual magazine subscriptions. Those are the reasons this doesn't appeal to me.
LloydyneVining Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, November 08, 2010 10:58:38 PM(UTC)
LloydyneVining

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I did subscribe....if it is as good a magazine as Scrapbook Trends it will be worth the $$$$$$$

There are less ads than most magazines and thats makes a difference for me

I did only do the 6 month subscription just in case

Edited by user Monday, November 08, 2010 11:00:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LinAnn Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, November 09, 2010 5:50:12 AM(UTC)
LinAnn

Was thanked: 440 time(s) in 300 post(s)
I subscribed to both Cards and Cricut magazine. The Cards magazine is outstanding, packed with projects. The best magazine I've seen out there. Can't wait for the first Cricut edition, in January. Smile