Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

JJewel Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 9:15:22 PM(UTC)
JJewel

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Jamaica

Was thanked: 1943 time(s) in 1141 post(s)
Hello,

I have a question that some of you might be able to answer. I have tried to search for an answer already, but no luck.

When I post on the boards or respond to someone on the boards I was getting a notification. But when I clicked on the link it didn't take me to the exact location of my post. I have stopped notifications because it was filling up my email.

Is there a place in our account that keeps track of our own posts to quickly go back to that spot in one click without going through all of them?

Also, is there a feature (or if not they need a feature) to "bookmark" a particular discussion that I might want to go back to and see the answers other members have left without having to dig and dig?

I think the message board should have a Quick Link section on the far left that tracks your recent moves and allows bookmarks for logged in members.

Any responses to make my forum searching quicker and more enjoyable are welcome!!!

JJ
 2 users thanked JJewel for this useful post.
LeslieSusansSister on 9/30/2010(UTC), Kelcified on 10/30/2010(UTC)
LeslieSusansSister Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 4:26:56 AM(UTC)
LeslieSusansSister

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 1 post(s)
JJ,

I've been experimenting with this a little while. To easily find your topic, tag it as a favorite at the top of the page. Then you go to 'My Topics' at the top of the page with Inbox, Search, My Profile, & Logout. When you go to that area there is a tab called 'Favorite Topics' and it should be listed there. I have not figured out the e-mail notifications work yet though.

Hope that helped a little anyway.

Leslie

Edited by user Thursday, September 30, 2010 4:28:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

NotGoingGreyGracefully Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 02, 2010 6:32:49 PM(UTC)
NotGoingGreyGracefully

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 799 time(s) in 449 post(s)
If you're looking for a recent post, like the old board, you can go into your profile and find your last 10 posts. I don't fully understand your question, but I'm getting sick and didn't read the whole thing twice to make sure I figured out what you need, I'm sorry. If I didn't answer what you needed, post again and I will check this thread about noon tomorrow, as I have to play for both church services.
Brenda Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 8:33:13 PM(UTC)
Brenda

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 181 post(s)
You can see what you posted by clicking on:

My profile...then click on View Profile...and then click on last 10 post's HTH's!
Larkspur Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, October 11, 2010 6:57:33 PM(UTC)
Larkspur

United States

Was thanked: 2428 time(s) in 1698 post(s)
I often do a SEARCH, and POSTS MADE BY .... (yourself)
 2 users thanked Larkspur for this useful post.
NotGoingGreyGracefully on 10/28/2010(UTC), Kelcified on 10/30/2010(UTC)
Kelcified Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2010 8:08:10 PM(UTC)
Kelcified

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 41 post(s)
I, too, have been wondering this! If you do a search by your name, you get everything that you have commented on as well as the posts you made. If you go to your profile and look at your last 10 posts, it gives you anything including comments as well. I guess it would be helpful to tag them as favorites, but it's still time consuming to go through your favorites to see them. I find it not helpful especially in the case that you post a card and someone asks you a question about it. How do you know if they posted something on your post? I tried the email notifications, but they just send you an email every time someone posts on anything that you have posted on (ie: comments). I hope this gets read by the administrators so they can forward it on.Mad
Kelcified Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2010 8:16:47 PM(UTC)
Kelcified

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 41 post(s)
I did some playing today and discovered that you have the option on your individual posts to check the box that allows you to watch and receive email notifications on that post. I did that to all of mine, that way, when someone posts a comment/question, I can respond quickly to them:)