Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

treece172002 Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2010 10:29:15 PM(UTC)
treece172002

Groups: Registered

i need some help, making my final decision.
I really want a cricut gypsy, and right now it is on sale at Michael's stores and it is on sale at the website CricutMachine.com.
so do you think $170 is a good price for the gypsy with 9 carts included.
do you love/like your gypsy?
do you think its worth it?

Just want the thoughts of my fellow crafters.

thanks for your input.

farmscraps Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2010 11:06:28 PM(UTC)
farmscraps

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 249 post(s)
I absolutly love my G... I couldnt live without her.. BUT I would be very careful before you buy from cricutmachine.com.. TONS of people have had paypal and their CC's compromised from shopping at that site.. I would check other online stores for a good deal or get it at Michaels..

Good luck you will love it.BigGrin BigGrin
LoriAnderson13 Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 23, 2010 4:08:28 PM(UTC)
LoriAnderson13

Was thanked: 82 time(s) in 34 post(s)
I just got my gypsy yesterday. I won a gypsy on ebay from proudparent2005 - it is one of the ebay identities for cricutmachine.com

I won it on 10/4 and it hadn't arrived by Monday 10/18 - they sent me a tracking # on the 6th. I tried every route possible to contact them without success. Since I paid from paypal I finally called the number listed there on Weds. It is the parent company K??? Marketing. They couldn't have been nicer and more helpful. Apparently the shipping label was printed but the item never actually shipped. They expedited it and even though I talked to them relatively late on Weds, it arrived on Friday.

I wouldn't hesitate to use them - especially if you use paypal. Just be aware if things are taking too long, be persistent in trying to contact them!
married05 Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 23, 2010 8:49:06 PM(UTC)
married05

Was thanked: 232 time(s) in 198 post(s)
I'm a little wary of ordering from Cricutmachine also after reading all of the horror stories. I would also wonder if it would come in time (you have to register by October 31). I got mine at Pat Catan's for $149.99, mainly since I had a 25% off coupon I was able to use also. If you really want the other cartridges from Cricutmachine I've heard paypal is the way to go.
tracyowens Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 10:10:28 AM(UTC)
tracyowens

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 12 post(s)
I love my Gypsy. when it first came out I was like really? no way would I use that ....but the more i saw it and realized how easy it is to plug it in and cut I bought one. I havent cut wth a cartridge since! I take it everywhere and I love it that I can play with carts I dont have to see if I may want to buy it! Its a great purchase and I would vote YES YES YES!!!
mhjudge67 Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 1:40:44 PM(UTC)
mhjudge67

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 49 post(s)
BigGrin LOVE IT, LOVE IT, LOVE IT, can you tell I love my G? Next to the my E that is another great gift. I can figure out and do more on my G then I could with the CDS. I take my G everywhere with me, as some ladies had posted keeping theirs in a pencil box found at walmart, or target. Now I can carry it in my ourse or bookbag and not worry about it getting damaged. You can't bet that de3al they have going on now with free carts go fo it.LOL
~tallulah~ Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 1:55:50 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

Was thanked: 343 time(s) in 247 post(s)
i would definitely buy the cricutmachine.com deal. no ifs, ands, or buts about it!
RenateS Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, October 24, 2010 8:52:16 PM(UTC)
RenateS

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Crying I would be careful buying from Cricutmachine.com. I bought from them twice this year and both times my credit card ended up being compromised. This time I guess someone wanted a vacation in Spain and some home improvement items. When it happened the first time I wasn't sure where or how it was compromized. But this time I did some checking and the only thing in common is Cricutmachine.com.
cookie Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 6:17:22 AM(UTC)
cookie

United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 15 post(s)
hi, I have bought cartridges from cricutmachine.com and I never had a problem with them. I also buy from them on ebay "proudparents", I have bought so many times from them I can't remember, their price of 169 for the gypsy its ok cause it comes with more carts, plus if you do the download on nov 1st,cricut it's going to give you 4 more carts for free.
I personally don't think I'm going to buy the gipsy cause I have design studio, the gipsy has a small screen and It's a pain in the butt learning how to use it. I rather bring my laptop to the crops. But who knows maybe if the go really cheap next year like $99.00 I will buy one.
sherrihend180 Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 7:21:51 AM(UTC)
sherrihend180

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 829 time(s) in 638 post(s)
I bought mine when it was originally released and I love mine. I very rarely use my Cricut without it. I will warn you that having a Gypsy will make you want more cartridges. I have added almost 4 cartridges a month since getting my Gypsy.
treece172002 Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 3:49:46 PM(UTC)
treece172002

Well thanks everyone for your thoughts.
but i missed the sale. so no gypsy for me, at least for now.

Alla_S Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 5:50:44 PM(UTC)
Alla_S

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 52 post(s)
treece172002 wrote:
Well thanks everyone for your thoughts.
but i missed the sale. so no gypsy for me, at least for now.

Don't fret...Black Friday is coming and there have been great deals in the past so you might get your G sooner than you think...
Jennifer24 Offline
#13 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 6:07:19 PM(UTC)
Jennifer24

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Dont but from criucutmachine.com- I read all kinds of horror stories after I place an order from them. I cnaceled my card and am waiting to get a new one-I would get it at Michaels or wait until Black Friday!
AlishiaGaff Offline
#14 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 12:30:27 AM(UTC)
AlishiaGaff

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 140 post(s)
Custom Crops have them on sale for $125!!
biscuit Offline
#15 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 5:58:38 AM(UTC)
biscuit

Was thanked: 44 time(s) in 31 post(s)
I did order mine from cricutmachine using paypal balance, and I had no problem uploading the free carts. I already am wondering what was I thinking NOT having a Gypsy! One thing that I haven't seen mentioned is the flexibility of using your expression away from your computer. If you look at my blog, I designed my scrapbook room over HAVING to have the expression near the computer to use design studio. Yesterday, I realized I can move it!!
DeeQ Offline
#16 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 12:15:04 PM(UTC)
DeeQ

Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 21 post(s)
I caved and bought the Gypsy. I had purchased one when they first came out through HSN and it was a mess. The compatibility wasn't there with DS, there were significant features that didn't work or exist, and the screen was slow and unresponsive. I sent it back and vowed NEVER to buy one. I got a netbook and installed DS and have been using that quite nicely.

Well, since the updates have come out and there are many upgrades and features now for the Gypsy, I decided to check into getting one. Then, the promotion for the 6 free carts came out, Michael's had the G on sale for $149 (which is the price until 10/31, then the price will go to $129), and I caved.

I really like it now! I was surprised! I especially love the feature that allows you to click on the key while holding down the top curved left side button and get a close-up view of the cut. I feel that PC has abandoned any worthwhile upgrades to DS, so this was the way for me to go at this point. I'm glad I bought it, and glad I waited. I think if I'd kept the one I'd originally purchased, I'd have tossed it into the garbage from frustration. So glad they've worked the kinks out.