Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

NicoleMcEachern1 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2010 12:18:34 PM(UTC)
NicoleMcEachern1

Groups: Registered

so, bought my your story and finally got it unpacked and set up this week. Mine didn't come with the cd of extras for some reason. No biggie though.

When I finally went to use it to laminate a sheet for my daughter, it got hopelessly jammed. I called customer service and sat on hold for 45 minutes, finally gave it and sent an email - now 2 days later and not a word from them.

seriously disappointed, this is not my first pc product, not my first customer service issue but it is the first time I haven't been taken care of.

Just a word of caution, I turned my laminator off, waited for my hubby to come home to look at it. When we plugged it back in there was a horrible electrical burning smell and sparks. be careful!

I am sure I am out my $$ which sucks, but isn't the end of the world, just wish the customer service for Provo Craft was better. I will definately think twice before buying any "new" products next time.
melindamarion Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 10:51:46 AM(UTC)
melindamarion

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I bought mine off eBay and it just wouldn't turn on. I called PC and they sent me a replacement. I didn't even have to send the broke one back. They were super nice, so don't give up on them yet! I think there is some Gypsy update that people are having problems with so that might explain the wait time. HTHs! Melinda
 1 user thanked melindamarion for this useful post.
NicoleMcEachern1 on 10/26/2010(UTC)
scrapalette Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 1:23:49 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18411 time(s) in 8182 post(s)
melindamarion wrote:
I bought mine off eBay and it just wouldn't turn on. I called PC and they sent me a replacement. I didn't even have to send the broke one back. They were super nice, so don't give up on them yet! I think there is some Gypsy update that people are having problems with so that might explain the wait time. HTHs! Melinda

I agree. The wait time now is due to all the people who haven't been able to update properly their Gypsy or Imagine. Try to call as soon as they open (PC is in Utah on mountain time).
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
NicoleMcEachern1 on 10/26/2010(UTC)
NicoleMcEachern1 Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 1:27:34 PM(UTC)
NicoleMcEachern1

I never did get a response from the email in to tech service, and I am currently sitting on hold again! I will try to call first thing in the am, I haven't had issues before with their customer service. I will try to be patient and assume that they will be willing to help once i finally get thru!

Patience is so not my strong suit!! But thanks you guys for making me feel a bit better!
scrapnfan Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, October 26, 2010 2:33:03 PM(UTC)
scrapnfan

Was thanked: 251 time(s) in 215 post(s)
I bought a Your Story too and the first time I tried to use it there was a dreadful burning smell. I emailed and never did get a response but I called Customer Service and when I finally got through they were GREAT ! They opened up a claim and I had a new Your Story in about 3 weeks. I think the CS is especially slow because of all the Gypsy problems. I only had to wait about 20 Min. before. This last week I wanted to call them about my Gypsy and was on the phone twice for about an hour each time and never did get answered. Maybe this weekend when everything hopefully works out with the Gypsy it will be easier to get ahold of them. Once you get ahold of them I'm sure you will be completly taken care of.
NicoleMcEachern1 Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 9:04:50 AM(UTC)
NicoleMcEachern1

It's true, once I finally got thru they were fantastic and are shipping out a new one to me. He did tell me their customer service lines are being slammed with all the updates, and just fyi - he said thursdays are the best days to call!

Thanks you guys, for listening to me rant and telling me to be patient!!