Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

tsrel Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 23, 2010 8:35:56 AM(UTC)
tsrel

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 37 post(s)
For those of you that burn your paper, Please share with me how you do it and what do you use?
TSHREVE Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 23, 2010 3:21:40 PM(UTC)
TSHREVE

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 232 post(s)
I was working on a vintage project recently where I wanted to burn the edges of my paper.....and I literally just burned the edges with a lighter. I did it over the kitchen sink as I didn't want embers falling on the carpet if it actually caught on fire.......I just held the flame perpendicular with the paper keeping it about a quarter inch away and the paper will start to brown on the edges as it gets hot. You don't want it to actually catch on fire......

It is almost trial and error...some paper has plastic in it and will brown nicely and kinda melt on the edges.....other paper catches fire quickly and turns black.......you just have to head for the kitchen sink and try it.....

You can also take your heat gun to paper and brown it all over including the edges.

Or if you just want that "LOOK" you can tear the edges of your paper and run a brown ink pad over the edges of the paper/

Edited by user Saturday, October 23, 2010 3:24:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

kimcar Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 7:59:57 PM(UTC)
kimcar

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 115 time(s) in 86 post(s)
I use a candle in a candle holder, in the past when I had an electric range with coiled burners I would turn on the burner and gently run the edge of the paper along the burner. ( I now have a ceramic top so I can"t do it that way) I agree with doing it in the sink to catch the burned edges. I also use an old mitten or kitchen mitt to rub off the excess on the edges, that way I don't get the ash all over my hands, and if slightly hot I don't burn myself.