Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

JennieCartier Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 11:19:56 AM(UTC)
JennieCartier

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
What does this gypsy do? I'm lost on what it does. ANd if you get this then you get the new image will you have two of them? or can you use the gypsy you all ready have for the image. Jennie
scrapsprite Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 1:26:45 PM(UTC)
scrapsprite

Was thanked: 103 time(s) in 93 post(s)
The Gypsy is a handheld device that allows you to make designs with the cartridges and then cut them with your Cricut. You can only cut with the cartridges you own but you can design with any of them. If you already own a Gypsy and have it registered, then you can download the 6 free cartridges as of Nov 1. The Gypsy hasn't changed - there is still only one Gypsy. Any changes to the Gypsy are done through downloads at this time. So the new download on Nov 1 will give you 6 free cartridges on your Gypsy. Smile
CricutingCarol Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 2:28:31 PM(UTC)
CricutingCarol

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
JennieCartier wrote:
What does this gypsy do? I'm lost on what it does. ANd if you get this then you get the new image will you have two of them? or can you use the gypsy you all ready have for the image. Jennie

Check out this link from Cricut:
http://www.cricut.com/gypsy/

I think it shows pretty well the basics of what the Gypsy does.

Some of the benefits that I have found to the Gypsy (note: I've only had mine for a few days, but I LOVE it!) is that you load up all of your cartridges onto the machine so you aren't digging out cartridge boxes. Also, you can weld letters and images together (to create one connected word instead of having to handle each individual letter in a title or greeting) and being able to lay out an entire project on the screen to see exactly how it'll cut out on my mat before I start cutting! I also love that I can work on setting up projects to be cut on the Cricut wherever I am, so then when I get home and get to my craft room, I just set the paper up on the mat, load it, bring up the project on the Gypsy and cut!

It is taking some learning and getting used to, but it's a great little tool!! I have gotten more done since I got the Gypsy than I have in months!
DoodleBug2 Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, October 25, 2010 3:43:14 PM(UTC)
DoodleBug2

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 113 post(s)
If you haven't already, REGISTER your gypsy and you can also register your cartridges and cricut machines. Your G must be registered by Oct. 31 to receive the 6 free cartridges.