Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Cassie Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2010 6:09:41 AM(UTC)
Cassie

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 308 time(s) in 251 post(s)
Does this happen to you?

When I use the search feature on my gypsy, the results puzzle for me. For instance, in one week, I performed several searches and each one had Don Juan as one of the carts. So I knew I needed this cart. Low and behold, when I got it, it seemed to never come up for any subsequent searches. I think I've used that cart once in the 6-8 months I've owned it. OK, not unusual but I've noticed this happening all year.

Just now, I wanted to be sure and tried this: I used Linda Scott's cheat sheet because I was looking for a vine to hang a monkey from. According to her sheet, I have 3 of the many carts with vines on them. Great. I whip out my gypsy and design the card. After I finished and just out of curiosity, I do a search on vine and not one of the 3 carts I ownshowed up in the search results.

Is this PCs way of getting us to buy new carts? 70% of my searches (especially when not searching for basic items) only show carts I don't own. I've seen more cake carts in the past 3 weeks than ever, lol!!

Am I the only one?
Doxieluv01 Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2010 8:14:20 AM(UTC)
Doxieluv01

Was thanked: 2261 time(s) in 1788 post(s)
i think it has to do with the "keywords" that PC assigned to the shapes. I think we call it one thing and PC calls it something else and then when we search that name it doesn't come up.
LiveLaughScrap Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2010 8:16:36 AM(UTC)
LiveLaughScrap

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 65 post(s)
I haven't noticed it that bad.
But it has happened that I know I have a crat w/ a prticular image, search for it & none of my carts showup.
HUM, you may have a theory there!!!

I do know that it is best to use very general words to get the best results back from the search.
Lori

Edited by user Thursday, October 21, 2010 8:18:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Cassie Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2010 8:42:43 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

I thought about this too, but I made sure to use the word 'vine' based on what was in the handbook. Doing these searches are mind boggling.

Doxieluv01 wrote:
i think it has to do with the "keywords" that PC assigned to the shapes. I think we call it one thing and PC calls it something else and then when we search that name it doesn't come up.

DoodleBug2 Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, October 21, 2010 12:27:11 PM(UTC)
DoodleBug2

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 113 post(s)
have you checked out the cricutsearch.com site???? I did just a bit ago and it is amazing!!!!
Cassie Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2010 5:30:51 AM(UTC)
Cassie

United States

Yes, I tried that out last week, but usually I'm designing at work so I try not to hang on the net too often. Searching on the gypsy is not something I do all the time, I just always notice that when I do, it gives me carts I don't have.

DoodleBug2 wrote:
have you checked out the cricutsearch.com site???? I did just a bit ago and it is amazing!!!!

NotGoingGreyGracefully Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, October 22, 2010 8:32:42 AM(UTC)
NotGoingGreyGracefully

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 799 time(s) in 449 post(s)
I've had a lot of trouble with the search function, too. I was looking for the pair of champagne glasses, with the stems crossed, that I knew I had seen somewhere in my mess of carts ... I finally ended up searching "glasses" and got the lgm glasses from Toy Story (lgm = little green men) and a bunch of other irrelevant stuff, and under the listing "champagne glasses" there was only the ugly stretched pair on Tie the Knot. Turns out the image I was looking for is on Calligraphy Collection, under the Matrimony Font option. Who'd have thought to look there? I found it listed under "wine glass" or some such nonsense. Oh, well ...