Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

lauren ferguson Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 10:07:23 AM(UTC)
lauren ferguson

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Will we be able to use our redemption points?

Will we be able to download retired or otherwise hard to find carts? Of course this is assuming that my first question is answered affirmatively.

What is the general price point going to be for the various carts? ie: Solutions, Seasonals etc.

Can someone anyone spill the beans already? I cannot take it much longer!

Edited by user Wednesday, October 20, 2010 10:08:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mercy Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 1:41:24 PM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
lauren ferguson wrote:
Will we be able to use our redemption points?

Will we be able to download retired or otherwise hard to find carts? Of course this is assuming that my first question is answered affirmatively.

What is the general price point going to be for the various carts? ie: Solutions, Seasonals etc.

Can someone anyone spill the beans already? I cannot take it much longer!

That suggested has been made as we do not know if or when it will be implemented. In my opinion, I believe PC is heading that way as the free download might be a way to test it as time will tell. How they will implement the value has yet to be determined.
scarlet squirrel Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 20, 2010 7:03:52 PM(UTC)
scarlet squirrel

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 94 post(s)
Hi Lauren,
I am NOT in the know, but I have my ideas as to where cartridges might go; have you noticed all the deep discounts on carts lately? Oh, it's the economy. Is it?

The wally-mart recently picked up a terrific line of PC carts called lites. They are cute, limited, but cute. And, the biggie here, cheaper than usual for what is seen on shelves elsewhere (even though, as I said, it contains less).

There is the upcoming NEW (boy, welcome to 2010) downloads for the G. I am ecstatic about this.

Bottom line, I think that the digi cart is around the corner. Physical carts will not go away (you will be able to get them at Wmart and online auctions). What I would like to know , and cannot even speculate right now, is the cost of a dital file and how it would be presented (single images with layers, full carts, series bundles like some font stores online are selling - again, another way money is being taken way from PC).

If you look at other cutting machines and what there is available to use with them (digital-wise) it would be, as I mentioned once before, like leaving money on the table if PC didn't catch on.

There is no wrong to this, it's quite positive for the consumer. Provided she/he has a computer. But there will always be the carts on the lower end to entice the newbie and keep the thrifty crafter in images to cut. It's all about money, honey and it seems that the cricut consumer has spoken regarding digital downloads whether it was spoken in focus groups or revenue.

That is my $2! opinon. (I'll send you an invoice) LOL

M...