Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Calmom Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 12:43:58 PM(UTC)
Calmom

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 2092 time(s) in 1068 post(s)
I live in San Diego but plan on going up to the Ontario Scrapbook Expo, hoping to see a Cricut Imagine Demo. I would love to ask some questions, I am a visual type person and after playing with my Imagine, I sure have some questions about the features. Has anyone been to the Ontario Expo, is it worth the 2 hour drive? If you have been to the Ontario and other Scrapbook Expos, how do they compare?
LisaChapman Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 12:54:56 PM(UTC)
LisaChapman

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I went last year (I live in Temecula). My personal opinion, it is not worth the trip- especially from San Diego (wait until the Del Mar one in March or April if you really want to go).

Provocraft/Cricut does not have a booth set up there, the only Cricut representation is from Scrapbook Corner and they did not have any spectacular deals. Scrapbook Corners pricing at the expo is the same as their store/website- Cricut Dan was demo'ing the Gypsy last year, so maybe he will be demoing the Imagine this year, I don't know.

It was a bunch of crazy women who were literally fighting over stickles. I was in and out in less than an hour- totally not worth the price of the ticket + the cost of parking. I guess if you are going for the all day crops and not the expo itself, it might be worth it.

1 user thanked LisaChapman for this useful post.
MamasScrappin on 10/18/2010(UTC)
Now&ThenCreations Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 2:37:44 PM(UTC)
Now&ThenCreations

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
The e-mail I got for the Ontario show does say that there this year. I assume this means they will have a booth there also? They had a booth the year before and the excitement around that booth was awesome to see.

They were not at our last show there, and it was sure quiet without them.

Cricut Returns In 2010!
Scrapbook Corner and Scrapbook EXPO would like to announce that we are bringing CRICUT back to you at the Crops again in 2010! That's right no need to load your Cricut in your car and search for an electrical outlet to plug in your machines. We have taken care of this for you!

We will have a limited number of CRICUT machines for you to use, including cartridges (you may bring your own cartridges if you wish), at the Crops.

Edited by user Monday, October 18, 2010 2:43:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

YvonneDuran Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 2:43:40 PM(UTC)
YvonneDuran

Was thanked: 150 time(s) in 125 post(s)
Now&ThenCreations wrote:
The e-mail I got for the Ontario show does say that Cricket will have a booth there this year.

They were not at our last show there, and it was sure quiet without them.

Cricut Returns In 2010!
Scrapbook Corner and Scrapbook EXPO would like to announce that we are bringing CRICUT back to you at the Crops again in 2010! That's right no need to load your Cricut in your car and search for an electrical outlet to plug in your machines. We have taken care of this for you!

We will have a limited number of CRICUT machines for you to use, including cartridges (you may bring your own cartridges if you wish), at the Crops.

All you need to do is bring your creativity and step up to the CRICUT TOOL STATION at the crops!

This is only available when you have reserved a seat at crop night. It has nothing to do with the vendors. I've been there and the only cricut stuff available is from Cricut Dan (Scrapbook Corner).
I like attending every year for all the great bargains that are available.
Now&ThenCreations Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 3:01:13 PM(UTC)
Now&ThenCreations

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Sorry everyone, I thought when the e-mail said they were bringing Cricket back to the show that it meant that Cricket would have a booth there.

It was a quiet show last year, but the year before last was full of so much excitement about the Cricket. A huge crowd of Cricket ladies rushing through the doors when the show opened and you could not even squeeze in to see what was going on at the booth that sold Cricket products. I guess I just assumed it was a Cricket Booth.
I did get lots of bargains at the show last year and saw a lot of product demo's that made the show fun and informative for me - so I loved every minute of it.
PRJ Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, October 19, 2010 6:15:05 AM(UTC)
PRJ

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 7 post(s)
LisaChapman wrote:
I went last year (I live in Temecula). My personal opinion, it is not worth the trip- especially from San Diego (wait until the Del Mar one in March or April if you really want to go).

Ontario is typically much bigger than the San Diego show.