Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages«<234
scrapbug Offline
#91 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 6:35:45 AM(UTC)
scrapbug

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 47 post(s)
DCDoll wrote:
I hope that is not the case or them only offering downloads for carts for that would make my Expression null and void. I'm not interested in having a gypsy... never have been. I use DS and am happy with what I have.

I agree. I shouldn't be forced to buy a gypsy to get new cartridges. I have already spent well over $4000 on cricut stuff. Maybe I will stop buying any new cartridges for awhile. Maybe another machine like sure cuts alot would be the way to go.
Di&Co Online
#92 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 6:55:03 AM(UTC)
Di&Co

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 19023 time(s) in 4907 post(s)
This is a really cool promo, I have only one on this list....

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO ME!!!!!!
♥Carol♥ Offline
#93 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 7:03:54 AM(UTC)
♥Carol♥

Was thanked: 2764 time(s) in 2201 post(s)
Shadyluv wrote:
Ok so do you get the 4 carts AND the 6 carts??? And is the Christmas cart on the new promo the Christmas Cheer cart or a different one? I just don't know what to do...I was thinking of getting a Gypsy but now I'm all fududdled!

Here's what AdminBecky's post states ...

Buy and register a Gypsy by Cricut by October 31 and receive 6 free cartridges downloaded to your Gypsy – including the exclusive, all-new "Smiley Cards" cartridge (and don't forget about Gypsy Wanderings and Gypsy font cartridges that come pre-loaded on the machine). It's a $419 value!

Free cartridges include:
 Smiley Cards (new and exclusive to this promotion)
 Tags, Bags, Boxes and More (not available in retail)
 Christmas (not available in retail)
 Blackletter (not available in retail)
 Printing Press (not available in retail)
 Indie Art (not available in retail)

(Note - if you include the pre-loaded Gypsy Wanderings and Gypsy font carts, then new owners will actually be starting out with 8 carts ... WOOO HOOO - How great is that!)

All current Gypsy owners included! Simply register your Gypsy by October 31, 2010 and get access to all downloads. Register at www.cricut.com/gypsy.

Downloads will be available through a special update to your Gypsy starting November 1st.
New Gypsy cartridge downloads are easy! Just connect your Gypsy to your computer and you'll automatically be prompted how to start. In just a few steps, you'll be able to download all six cartridges containing thousands of images! And with Gypsy, you'll have all the cartridge artwork and keypad overlays on your Gypsy screen, so there's no actual cartridge, handbook, or packaging.
vonda4u37816914 Offline
#94 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 7:07:17 AM(UTC)
vonda4u37816914

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I got the Gypsy in September, but my old Mac needs to be updated so I can download the Gypsy software and register my machine - so that's been moved up as a priority before Oct 31st. I don't have any of the cartridges they listed.
JillyPlot Offline
#95 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 7:30:25 AM(UTC)
JillyPlot

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I GOT IT!! I went out this morning and bought my Gypsy at Michael's. I'm getting ready to start exploring it... Looking forward to those 6 carts since I don't have any!
lovethatbug Offline
#96 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 7:35:23 AM(UTC)
lovethatbug

Was thanked: 327 time(s) in 228 post(s)
I seen this post, called hubby, commented him a lot BigGrin told him about this great deal, and he is getting me one on Friday. I CANNOT wait to recieve it.
Stacy
britngavin Offline
#97 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 9:42:06 AM(UTC)
britngavin

Was thanked: 115 time(s) in 81 post(s)
grammasue wrote:
Her website doesn't have anything about a sale

the price automatically drops to 124 when you put it in your cart.
P-Kay Sunshine Offline
#98 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 9:52:21 AM(UTC)
P-Kay Sunshine

Was thanked: 299 time(s) in 93 post(s)
Yes...there was a link to the cricut.com/cake and from there there was an option to choose "mini cake". Once you clicked on the link it asked for a password. Shortly after the post on the circle board, the link was gone.

CraftyKitchen wrote:
Mini Cake Machine? Like, a Baby Bug sized Cake?

ladybugstamper Offline
#99 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 9:59:28 AM(UTC)
ladybugstamper

Was thanked: 484 time(s) in 244 post(s)
This is rather neat.

I do have a Gypsy, she's almost a year old. I also have 4 of the offered cartridges. As far as I am concerned is free is nice, so I'm okay with this. I don't have Printing Press, and of course, the Smiley one sounds interesting.

Thanks to PC for doing this.

If there is a possibility of downloading cartridges, for a reasonable price, that would be of interest to me.
KimVicari Offline
#100 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 11:11:28 AM(UTC)
KimVicari

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 36 post(s)
This is awesome!!! I can't believe I only have one of those!! Now this is what I'm talking about, PC!! WOO HOO!!!
Meg Offline
#101 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 12:07:03 PM(UTC)
Meg

Was thanked: 236 time(s) in 118 post(s)
VintageScrapperLady wrote:
Yep I agree with you Meg. Pretty much what I was thinking.
I am wondering if the nov release thing will be some external memory holder. I know some have mentioned the gypsy doesn't have the memory size to hold imagine carts. So I am thinking they will be adressing the memory space issue, with some added bells and whistles....maybe.

Just thinking out loud

If this is true, I would LOVE a way to decline all updates that have anything to do with the Imagine. I don't have an Imagine and am not interested in getting one, so I don't see why I should deal with Gypsy updates that are for people who own the Imagine. Not only do I want to avoid clogging up my G with info it doesn't need, updates can be dicey (there have been glitches with updates) and there's no need to risk problems during an update for a machine I don't even own.

Right now when we update/sync, there are 2 radio buttons. One is for Firmware updates and one is for Content. All it'd take is another radio button for Imagine.

Edited by user Saturday, October 16, 2010 12:58:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Corrie71 Offline
#102 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 12:38:26 PM(UTC)
Corrie71

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I am thrilled about this update! I can't wait to see the new Smiley cartridge!
mommy2darlings Offline
#103 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 12:57:18 PM(UTC)
mommy2darlings

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 259 time(s) in 95 post(s)
This sounds awesome!! I am so glad that the have included us that have had our Gypsys for a while. Thanks Provo Craft!!

Meg wrote:
If this is true, I would LOVE a way to decline all updates that have anything to do with the Imagine. I don't have an Imagine and am not interested in getting one, so I don't see why I should deal with Gypsy updates that are for people who own the Imagine. Not only do I want to avoid clogging up my G with info it doesn't need, updates can be dicey (there have been glitches with updates) and there's no need to risk problems during an update for a machine I don't even own.

Right now when we update/sync, there are 2 radio buttons. One is for Firmware updates and one is for Content. All it'd take is another radio update for Imagine.

I am also one that doesn't have or plan to get the Imagine and I *hope* there is a way to skip the Imagine updates for my Gypsy.....

Edited by user Saturday, October 16, 2010 1:01:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrapperinVT Offline
#104 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 5:01:01 PM(UTC)
ScrapperinVT

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 64 post(s)
My husband wonders from looking at the patent if they are releasing a new gypsy that will interchange w/ different machines --- so for example they will release a new expression that will be only the body and not the 'guts'. The gypsy will slide into the front where the overlay sits. Then the user can unplug it to go in any number of machines (ie cake, embroidery, etc). It would reduce the cost of each machine if the 'guts' could be swapped in and out of different machines.

Plus the user could take the gypsy on the go and map things out for whatever project they are doing and then plug it in to each machine. A user could then have a cake that matches a layout that matches a t-shirt.

Edited by user Saturday, October 16, 2010 5:02:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

KellBell72 Offline
#105 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 5:10:51 PM(UTC)
KellBell72

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 16 post(s)
SO happy to hear that those of us who already have a Gypsy will get the downloadable carts! Thanks PC!
Queenleader Offline
#106 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 6:13:08 PM(UTC)
Queenleader

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
OK so I am thinking of getting one tomorrow now. I went last week but the lady who showed me did not know there was a zoom button. Crazy I thought there was no way I could see that. Now I heard you can zoom to see it. So besides scrappy sales who has it on sale I am hoping Michaels does. By the time I would get there tonight they would be close. My head hurts from all this thinking,
newbutterfly Offline
#107 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 9:18:46 PM(UTC)
newbutterfly

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 34 post(s)
really wish I knew about the sale price at Michael's.... how long is that for? Just today? (10-16)

still not sure about taking the jump...
Mamawof5 Offline
#108 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 9:39:32 PM(UTC)
Mamawof5

United States

Was thanked: 389 time(s) in 333 post(s)
DCDoll wrote:
This makes me wonder if they are indeed coming out with a new updated Gypsy after November 1st? Interesting. I think I will hold off a little while longer.

I'm with you. They seem to be giving away lots of Gypsys and now with this great deal with the free downloads it makes me wonder if a newer version will be what they are releasing on HSN on Nov. 10th. I would hate to buy one now and then in just a few weeks a better one is released. BUT I will be disappointed if there is NOT a newer version and I pass up this terrific deal!! Oh my, what should I do????
Runningmomof2 Online
#109 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 9:58:50 PM(UTC)
Runningmomof2

Was thanked: 1075 time(s) in 503 post(s)
This kind of frustrates me I have almost all of these carts registered to my gypsy. Can't wait to see the smiley face cart
♥Carol♥ Offline
#110 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 2:49:16 AM(UTC)
♥Carol♥

Was thanked: 2764 time(s) in 2201 post(s)
Runningmomof2 wrote:
This kind of frustrates me I have almost all of these carts registered to my gypsy. Can't wait to see the smiley face cart

I have most of these carts too ... but that's OK, I'm just super excited that ALL Gypsy owners get the opportunity to download these carts. Besides, the Smiley cart is going to be something new for everyone ... now how INCREDIBLY FABULOUS is that!!!

BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Edited by user Sunday, October 17, 2010 2:51:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JillyPlot Offline
#111 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 3:52:25 AM(UTC)
JillyPlot

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I know the Gypsy had been on sale for $149 at Michael's for a few weeks. I thought someone said it ended yesterday, but I'm not sure, so you may wanna check it out. Good luck!!
SwimMom Offline
#112 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 6:10:26 AM(UTC)
SwimMom

Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 81 post(s)
CraftyKitchen wrote:
I wonder if I could convince my mom or my hubby to buy the Gypsy, let me register it for the carts, then put it back in the box and not touch it until Christmas?

That would be the longest two months of my LIFE I think! ;)

I'm in the same predicament...and my DH hates to ruin "surprises", so I"m thinking he won't go for it Crying
married05 Offline
#113 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 7:05:24 PM(UTC)
married05

Was thanked: 232 time(s) in 198 post(s)
LisaDePugh wrote:
OK, I'm back! The Flower Factory is advertising Gypsies for $120. I know their stores are few and far between but if you can't locate one withing your driving range they do sell on line. My friend buys from them that way all the time. (They are about 55 miles away from me and I don't mind the drive). Hope this helps someone!

I actually have a store near my work! Thanks!
married05 Offline
#114 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 7:28:52 PM(UTC)
married05

Was thanked: 232 time(s) in 198 post(s)
If you have a Pat Catan's nearby, they have it on sale for $149. Too bad I didn't pick one up from there LAST month when the gypsy was $99. I do have a coupon for 25% off any one item and it doesn't mention any exceptions. I'm really excited about getting the gypsy now with the 6 carts! The only one I have is Printing Press (which I got at Pat Catan's during a "bag sale" where the cartridge, some Cuttlebug folders and dies, and other assorted crafting stuff for $4!)
newbutterfly Offline
#115 Posted : Sunday, October 17, 2010 9:31:32 PM(UTC)
newbutterfly

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 34 post(s)
Michael's still has the Gypsy's on sale for $149 until 10-30 (at least according to my local M's).

I saw that CricutMachine.com has them for $169.95 also with some extra carts... or something like that, you might want to look at their site to see exactly.

I just can't believe I actually went out and bought one.... so not like me Blushing
TracyK Offline
#116 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 8:37:13 AM(UTC)
TracyK

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Creativexpress.com has a gypsy bundle for $159 it includes the gypsy, car charger, extra package of stylus and the silicone sleeve. I ordered it a couple of weeks ago and they stil have it at that price.
LiveLaughScrap Offline
#117 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 8:54:22 AM(UTC)
LiveLaughScrap

Was thanked: 79 time(s) in 65 post(s)
The update will be available after Nov. 1 and only for a few weeks.
It is good for anyone that buys a G & registers before Oct. 31, has one & has not registered yet but does b-4 Oct. 31, and for G owners that have already registered.!!!!
Just check the updates or just plug in your G to check for updates after Nov 1, it will direct you on what to do.

The only question I have is:
I already have 3 of those carts. Will it not upload the ones I already have or will it let us choose which ones we want to upload?

Robyn, Joy, & Tammy have infor on their blogs about this. Tammy has a clarification on hers about current registered ownwers & it being available to all.
Lori
Princessaam Offline
#118 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 8:56:26 AM(UTC)
Princessaam

Was thanked: 289 time(s) in 196 post(s)
Ladies.... there are a few things we know about PC

They don't release ANYTHING big without a BUNCH of hoopla leading up to. We haven't gotten much about the November 11th deal. Can't be a HUGE item if they aren't building it up now. So NO it won't be a new Gypsy. Buy your G now and enjoy it.

They aren't going to FORCE anyone to HAVE to buy anything to keep your stuff going. They would totally be shooting themselves in the foot to make everything download only. ESPECIALLY with them working so hard to make the Imagine Computer-free. Carts will still be carts but they will most likely be making a digital version as well. Compare it to music. You can download your album OR buy a CD.

I have several of these free carts... totally excited to get the couple I don't have. I think it's awesome of them to share with us. I don't care if ti's 4 or 10 carts, it's a free cart. Works for me.

~M
dayswife Offline
#119 Posted : Monday, October 18, 2010 10:18:38 AM(UTC)
dayswife

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I am very thankful for this amazing offer. I have been debating on whether to get a G and this set me over the edge! I order one on Saturday. I hope it come before I need to register. I figured I couldnt beat this deal!