Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

scarlet squirrel Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 6:03:02 PM(UTC)
scarlet squirrel

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 107 time(s) in 94 post(s)
I had a really great trade with another member on this message board. She wanted a Cricut Cake and I wanted a Gypsy. So, my "new" G is registered with the other member. How will that affect a Gypsy owner in my situation?Huh
M...
LindaStarks Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 6:26:42 PM(UTC)
LindaStarks

Was thanked: 42 time(s) in 37 post(s)
if this is a friend and you are close what is the problem either leave it in her name if she doesn't mind or call PC and maybe they can transfer ownership some how

scarlet squirrel Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 7:16:39 PM(UTC)
scarlet squirrel

Linda, thanks for the reply. The cricut message board member lives a few states away. Just hoping I do not have to bother her nor do I want to ship the G back and forth. We aren't close, just met on the board. Very nice lady, but I am wanting to go this alone if possible.BigGrin

Anyone out there ever encounter a need for the original registration?
Doxieluv01 Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 7:35:44 PM(UTC)
Doxieluv01

Was thanked: 2261 time(s) in 1788 post(s)
i would call PC on Monday and see if they can remove the registration from the other board member and allow you to register it under your e-mail address
Buggin_Out Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, October 15, 2010 8:22:45 PM(UTC)
Buggin_Out

Was thanked: 385 time(s) in 250 post(s)
Have you been able to download the other G updates so far? If so, you will get this one too.
Mercy Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 12:03:23 AM(UTC)
Mercy

Was thanked: 2082 time(s) in 1202 post(s)
PaperGs wrote:
I had a really great trade with another member on this message board. She wanted a Cricut Cake and I wanted a Gypsy. So, my "new" G is registered with the other member. How will that affect a Gypsy owner in my situation?Huh
M...

The g's warranty is not transferable which means if something happens to the g then you are on your own. If there were any carts linked to the g other than the g carts, I do hope you bought those carts as well. As Doxie stated, you can call pc so they can unregistered the g but I do not think the carts promotion will apply to you. Hopefully, I am wrong that the promotion will apply to you but the warranty that is a fact unless of course it has been recently changed.
TheScrappy1 Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 2:20:26 AM(UTC)
TheScrappy1

Was thanked: 85 time(s) in 40 post(s)
If you can get Gypsy updates , then you will be able to get the carts. This is how it is posted on facebook.

Cricut - The Official Page! If you already own a Gypsy and it's already registered then you are all set. There will be a new update available on November 1 and when you go thru the update it will add the 6 free cartridges to your machine! Super simple.

1 user thanked TheScrappy1 for this useful post.
momto2 on 10/16/2010(UTC)
scrapsprite Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 6:30:06 AM(UTC)
scrapsprite

Was thanked: 103 time(s) in 93 post(s)
I would call PC and ask these questions, particularly about re-registering and how the update will work for you. It's worth finding out before Nov 1 when everyone is trying to get the update - plus you might get through easier now!Wink
scarlet squirrel Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 7:21:18 AM(UTC)
scarlet squirrel

Thanks everyone. I can put this topic to restBlink for now.

The warranty issue, yep, I know and that is what I have to gamble on - that it doesn't break! : )

I have been able to update the G! Soooo, that sounds like good news.

Yes, I'll give PC a call next week and get the lowdown on the subject. I was asking here because this community is so attentive. Thank you to all you friendly G owners out there!

M...
Mercy Offline
#10 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 12:40:19 PM(UTC)
Mercy

PaperGs wrote:
Thanks everyone. I can put this topic to restBlink for now.

The warranty issue, yep, I know and that is what I have to gamble on - that it doesn't break! : )

I have been able to update the G! Soooo, that sounds like good news.

Yes, I'll give PC a call next week and get the lowdown on the subject. I was asking here because this community is so attentive. Thank you to all you friendly G owners out there!

M...

Indeed you are a gambler! lol

As Jackie stated, if you are getting the updates now, you do not have anything to worry about.

Help us out, after you purchased the used g, did you register it without calling pc?
scarlet squirrel Offline
#11 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 3:28:45 PM(UTC)
scarlet squirrel

mercy wrote:
Indeed you are a gambler! lol

As Jackie stated, if you are getting the updates now, you do not have anything to worry about.

Help us out, after you purchased the used g, did you register it without calling pc?

I DID go online and had to "register" in order to get to the update download page. I did get that page. However, I have not listed a serial number which, to me, is what registering a product is about.
Mercy Offline
#12 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 3:42:56 PM(UTC)
Mercy

PaperGs wrote:
I DID go online and had to "register" in order to get to the update download page. I did get that page. However, I have not listed a serial number which, to me, is what registering a product is about.

Thanks for your reply. We were told that inorder to register a used g, then you had to call pc first. It appears, that is not the process as it appears from your experience, anyone can purchase a used g and register it without contacting pc. If that is the case, it appears that pc will not know if your g is used or not. Interesting! Thanks for the information!

You do not have to input your g's serial number as it automatically do so for you. Go to your cricut.com account and see if the g is registered to you and let us know.
scarlet squirrel Offline
#13 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 4:50:31 PM(UTC)
scarlet squirrel

Mercy,
No, the G is not registered. Hhhmmmm.Mellow
TheBugBytes Offline
#14 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 5:59:26 PM(UTC)
TheBugBytes

Was thanked: 1539 time(s) in 876 post(s)
mercy wrote:
The g's warranty is not transferable which means if something happens to the g then you are on your own. If there were any carts linked to the g other than the g carts, I do hope you bought those carts as well. As Doxie stated, you can call pc so they can unregistered the g but I do not think the carts promotion will apply to you. Hopefully, I am wrong that the promotion will apply to you but the warranty that is a fact unless of course it has been recently changed.

Regarding the warranty you are right but regarding the cartridge - yu are not supposed to have them unless you have the physical cartridges too. But if one wants to have one's own cartridge linked - there is an option - one can troubleshoot and choose yes to question 3 (g sync - help - troubleshoot which will set the G to factory settings and unlink all cartridges. That way you can link new cartridges ie one's own cartridges)
Mercy Offline
#15 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 6:11:13 PM(UTC)
Mercy

PaperGs wrote:
Mercy,
No, the G is not registered. Hhhmmmm.Mellow

When you went to your Cricut.com account, you did not see the the gyspy listed under your "registration history?" It will not have the serial number but that the g is under your history?
Mercy Offline
#16 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 6:21:01 PM(UTC)
Mercy

TheBugBytes wrote:
Regarding the warranty you are right but regarding the cartridge - yu are not supposed to have them unless you have the physical cartridges too. But if one wants to have one's own cartridge linked - there is an option - one can troubleshoot and choose yes to question 3 (g sync - help - troubleshoot which will set the G to factory settings and unlink all cartridges. That way you can link new cartridges ie one's own cartridges)

Yes, I understand that process but according to the guy in pd, that is not the case. In August I think it was, the guy from pd stated that option 3 does not erase the serial numbers from the g. I already knew that the memory is broken into two parts(not content and firmware) so appartently the serial numbers are housed on the part that option 3 does not format. Therefore, according to pd, pretty much pc does not stand behind giving instructions to use option 3 to remove the carts for resale because the serial numbers are still present which means the carts are still supposed to go with the g. I had a lengthly conversation that I think went on for a few days concerning this process.
momto2 Offline
#17 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 6:26:06 PM(UTC)
momto2

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 52 post(s)
mercy wrote:
When you went to your Cricut.com account, you did not see the the gyspy listed under your "registration history?" It will not have the serial number but that the g is under your history?

Thank you, thank you, thank you for this info. I have been sitting here trying to figure out whether my G was registered. I just check the registration history and it is. I only have 1 of these carts and have been trying to find TBBM. This is great.

Renee
Mercy Offline
#18 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 6:59:41 PM(UTC)
Mercy

momto2 wrote:
Thank you, thank you, thank you for this info. I have been sitting here trying to figure out whether my G was registered. I just check the registration history and it is. I only have 1 of these carts and have been trying to find TBBM. This is great.

Renee

No problem as we are glad that we were able to help. Enjoy!
TheBugBytes Offline
#19 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 7:01:11 PM(UTC)
TheBugBytes

mercy wrote:
Yes, I understand that process but according to the guy in pd, that is not the case. In August I think it was, the guy from pd stated that option 3 does not erase the serial numbers from the g. I already knew that the memory is broken into two parts(not content and firmware) so appartently the serial numbers are housed on the part that option 3 does not format. Therefore, according to pd, pretty much pc does not stand behind giving instructions to use option 3 to remove the carts for resale because the serial numbers are still present which means the carts are still supposed to go with the g. I had a lengthly conversation that I think went on for a few days concerning this process.

The serial number of the gypsy is written on to cartridge yes sweetie - and that cartridge cannot be relinked. But you can add another of the same (unlinked) cartridge when reset back to factory settings. So if you were a new user then you you can link your own unlinked cartridges. But the already linked cartridges cannot be linked to any other gypsies and can be erased only by PC. This is what admin darryn clarified.
Mercy Offline
#20 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 7:17:39 PM(UTC)
Mercy

TheBugBytes wrote:
The serial number of the gypsy is written on to cartridge yes sweetie - and that cartridge cannot be relinked. But you can add another of the same (unlinked) cartridge when reset back to factory settings. So if you were a new user then you you can link your own unlinked cartridges. But the already linked cartridges cannot be linked to any other gypsies and can be erased only by PC. This is what admin darryn clarified.

Yes, you can re-link carts of the same title but supposedly according to Provo Craft’s Product and Development, you will have two carts linked of the same title, one that was from the previous owner and the new one. That is the part that I labored on. Therefore, according to admin darryn through pd, they do not advocate giving instructions to anyone to use option 3 for the resale of a g as they are against it.

Yes, I am aware of the process of the serial number being linked to each cart and only pc can remove the serial number for the cart.

P.S. You do not have to reformat to add another cart of the same title as that can be done without option 3.

Edited by user Saturday, October 16, 2010 7:47:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

scarlet squirrel Offline
#21 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 7:26:30 PM(UTC)
scarlet squirrel

mercy wrote:

so you are saying that the carts are permanent, non-erasable, within the g it's connected with? I understand the legal/proprietary issues and am holding to that as I have carts for those loaded, but should my g go nutty and fail I canNOT load the cart that I have vs. the one that it came with from the previous owner?

getting dizzyLaugh
scarlet squirrel Offline
#22 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 7:32:10 PM(UTC)
scarlet squirrel

you ladies answered me while I was formulating my question (and trying to find a halloween costume online).

I don't know anything about this option 3 you mentioned. If it's part of the registration (with serial no.) then I really know nothing about it.

Being a 2nd hand owner of a G kinda makes me feel like a second class citizen. I really hope that we 2nd owners can access the new material. >sigh<
Mercy Offline
#23 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 7:41:23 PM(UTC)
Mercy

PaperGs wrote:
so you are saying that the carts are permanent, non-erasable, within the g it's connected with? I understand the legal/proprietary issues and am holding to that as I have carts for those loaded, but should my g go nutty and fail I canNOT load the cart that I have vs. the one that it came with from the previous owner?

getting dizzyLaugh

According to pc's product and development, the carts remain on the g. However, we can erase it out of the library per se but not from the g. You can link and re-link carts from the same title whether option 3 is used or not. Therefore, you will be able to relink your carts but you might have the carts listed more than once. Did I make things any clearer as I will continue to try if I did not.

To try it out to determine what you would actually see, if you are able to contact the previous owner, ask her which carts she loaded. If you have the same carts, after you have loaded it, see if it appears in the cart library as a duplicate.

Did you check in your registration history to see if it shows the gypsy?
Mercy Offline
#24 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 7:44:49 PM(UTC)
Mercy

PaperGs wrote:
you ladies answered me while I was formulating my question (and trying to find a halloween costume online).

I don't know anything about this option 3 you mentioned. If it's part of the registration (with serial no.) then I really know nothing about it.

Being a 2nd hand owner of a G kinda makes me feel like a second class citizen. I really hope that we 2nd owners can access the new material. >sigh<

Option 3 refers to troubleshooting in which most of us will have to face. It has nothing to do with registration.

Please do not feel that way as g sometimes makes all of us feel that way. lol If you see the g in your registration history, I think you will be able to get the carts. Let us know if it is in your regisration history.

Edited by user Saturday, October 16, 2010 7:48:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TheBugBytes Offline
#25 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 8:03:00 PM(UTC)
TheBugBytes

mercy wrote:
Yes, you can re-link carts of the same title but supposedly according to Provo Craft’s Product and Development, you will have two carts linked of the same title, one that was from the previous owner and the new one. That is the part that I labored on. Therefore, according to admin darryn through pd, they do not advocate giving instructions to anyone to use option 3 for the resale of a g as they are against it.

Yes, I am aware of the process of the serial number being linked to each cart and only pc can remove the serial number for the cart.

P.S. You do not have to reformat to add another cart of the same title as that can be done without option 3.

I do not think it will allow us to link another version of the same cartridge without formatting? I haven't tried it but some people when they had MS cake cartridge with error were saying the couldn't. I have to check this out.
Mercy Offline
#26 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 8:15:51 PM(UTC)
Mercy

TheBugBytes wrote:
I do not think it will allow us to link another version of the same cartridge without formatting? I haven't tried it but some people when they had MS cake cartridge with error were saying the couldn't. I have to check this out.

Yes, check it out. I asked that question specifically and got a yes answer. It will not let you link a cart that has been linked already as you get the error message that it has already been linked but a new cart with the same title it will allow you to link without reformatting as it will list the cart twice in the library according to pc's pd.
TheBugBytes Offline
#27 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 8:26:15 PM(UTC)
TheBugBytes

mercy wrote:
Yes, check it out. I asked that question specifically and got a yes answer. It will not let you link a cart that has been linked already as you get the error message that it has already been linked but a new cart with the same title it will allow you to link without reformatting as it will list the cart twice in the library according to pc's pd.

LOL oh yes - Now why would I want to waste another nice prestine cartridge. An this trying advice from a girl who has not linked cartridges the first time . So how many have you linked now my dear.
It is so nice to see you back. Hope you get better soon my dear.
Are you going to plan coming for the March 18th swarm?
It would be like a dream come true meeting you , sassy and hopefully Patty in person. That leaves only Mya.

Edited by user Saturday, October 16, 2010 8:26:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Mercy Offline
#28 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 8:41:54 PM(UTC)
Mercy

TheBugBytes wrote:
LOL oh yes - Now why would I want to waste another nice prestine cartridge. An this trying advice from a girl who has not linked cartridges the first time . So how many have you linked now my dear.
It is so nice to see you back. Hope you get better soon my dear.
Are you going to plan coming for the March 18th swarm?
It would be like a dream come true meeting you , sassy and hopefully Patty in person. That leaves only Mya.

The question came up on the board that asked the question because trying to remember from memory lol her cart was lost, the g malfunction but she did not want to reformat as it removed a few of the carts from the library. She would not have to reformat her g to link one cart of the same title. I think that is the way it went as I cannot remember. lol I remember the question was asked. lol Nope, the advice is not coming from me but pc's product development! lol You already know what my advice is concerning linking carts. lol

I do not know how many I have linked as I have only linked the ones that I needed to and not my entire library. It might be a dozen, I guess as that is just a guess! The good thing is that out of the Nov 1st downloads, only one cart will be a duplicate because although I do own them I have not linked them so that will be wonderful on my part. It will really be a free download. Had I linked those carts then the Nov 1st downloads would not apply to me. See, patience is the key! lol

It depends as it is on my radar but we shall see. If it is Dallas, then that moves me closer to that radar. lol Has the city been announced?

Edited by user Saturday, October 16, 2010 8:43:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TheBugBytes Offline
#29 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 8:47:10 PM(UTC)
TheBugBytes

mercy wrote:
The question came up on the board that asked the question because trying to remember from memory lol her cart was lost, the g malfunction but she did not want to reformat as it removed a few of the carts from the library. She would not have to reformat her g to link one cart of the same title. I think that is the way it went as I cannot remember. lol I remember the question was asked. lol Nope, the advice is not coming from me but pc's product development! lol You already know what my advice is concerning linking carts. lol

I do not know how many I have linked as I have only linked the ones that I needed to and not my entire library. It might be a dozen, I guess as that is just a guess! The good thing is that out of the Nov 1st downloads, only one cart will be a duplicate because although I do own them I have not linked them so that will be wonderful on my part. It will really be a free download. Had I linked those carts then the Nov 1st downloads would not apply to me. See, patience is the key! lol

It depends as it is on my radar but we shall see. If it is Dallas, then that moves me closer to that radar. lol Has the city been announced?

Not in the Mb but in the Utah swarm Shannon told us that the tentative date was March 18th and the tentative city was Dallas. Mike is coming to Houston swarm ( a co thing from our own circle members (nope not me but by scraphappydeb ) in which PC is happy to co host and come)

Take care sweetie. Get better and get your angel back on his feet too. You are missed.
Mercy Offline
#30 Posted : Saturday, October 16, 2010 8:51:56 PM(UTC)
Mercy

TheBugBytes wrote:
Not in the Mb but in the Utah swarm Shannon told us that the tentative date was March 18th and the tentative city was Dallas. Mike is coming to Houston swarm ( a co thing from our own circle members (nope not me but by scraphappydeb ) in which PC is happy to co host and come)

Take care sweetie. Get better and get your angel back on his feet too. You are missed.

Dallas? SWEET! lol Thanks! Enjoy the Houston swarm!

Thanks and my angel is sleeping right now under me. He had a bad day today but at least he is sleeping. Take care of your back!