Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

DaleKent Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, October 03, 2010 2:17:47 PM(UTC)
DaleKent

Groups: Registered

Crying What is going on with all the retailers? Seems like every week they have carts on sale for 39.99. Around the time the lite carts appeared...the other stores started this. Always carts that nobody wants or already has. Maybe they are just clearing up space for new carts coming out? I so hope that is the case!
ScrappyKristin Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 05, 2010 7:58:23 PM(UTC)
ScrappyKristin

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 6 post(s)
They're getting cheaper and cheaper, too :-0 Could also have something to do with the 3rd party softwares that are out there. I found the same font as on the Imagine More cart at Lettering Delights for $1.00, so I use that.

I have 33 carts all purchased from ebay, none over $35 or so. I only get what I can't find anywhere else as a cut file, so that really opens your options.

Keep looking at ebay, especially on Tuesday and Wednesday nights, you can get some great deals.
 1 user thanked ScrappyKristin for this useful post.
DaleKent on 10/6/2010(UTC)
CarolS Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 1:37:04 AM(UTC)
CarolS

United States

Was thanked: 102 time(s) in 50 post(s)
It's not a cartridge war at all. It's just that many retailers are getting rid of the Cricut stuff and are not restocking. Why? I have no clue. I just know that places like AC Moore, Michaels, Walmart and perhaps others are depleting there stock and there is no plan to reorder any of it. Michaels still has the machines here and still enough older carts which are on sale most of the time if you consider $39+ a sale to me it isn't considering I have not paid over on average $23 and free shipping on new carts even the licensed ones and I've got over 115 of them.

I would love to have some of the Lites that Walmart sells but unwilling to pay $39 for them so I figured that when they revamp our store in February prices will go down. They have already gotten rid of all the other carts and only have two of the Create's and Expressions on hand and don't plan to restock those after they revamp. Other Walmarts in surrounding areas that have already revamped their stores no longer carry any Cricut stuff, no carts and no machines. One of the Walmarts a few months ago and tossed the couple cricut machines left in the sale isle with the sewing machines and other craft related stuff they were getting rid of.

AC Moore use to have lots of Cricut stuff and now they only have what is left over stock. Even there Cricut Cake has been lowered to nearly half retail. I hear that Michaels is the same regarding the Cricut Cake and accessories so I'm going to check it out today.
 1 user thanked CarolS for this useful post.
SouthernVintage Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 10:50:46 AM(UTC)
SouthernVintage

United States

Was thanked: 800 time(s) in 712 post(s)
My ACM has ALL the carts but have put the retired ones on clearance for $20.
 1 user thanked SouthernVintage for this useful post.
DaleKent Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 06, 2010 11:33:38 AM(UTC)
DaleKent

LOL Thats how I got my expression...walked in walmart to check out the lites and saw the E for 100 bucks...I snapped it up...It was the Black Friday bundle so it had Plantin schoolbook and Serenade carts in it...score one for me...with all the prices getting lower...it makes me wonder what is looming on the horizon. Got the cake carts at Michaels on sale...not that I will ever buy the cake machine, I just loved the designs on them.
scrapsprite Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 6:57:12 PM(UTC)
scrapsprite

Was thanked: 103 time(s) in 93 post(s)
Maybe it's like what's happening with the bookstores - everyone is buying Cricut stuff online where they can get the best deals and the local stores just aren't selling enough to keep it in stock.Unsure
CarolS Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, October 09, 2010 1:27:29 PM(UTC)
CarolS

United States

DaleKent wrote:
LOL Thats how I got my expression...walked in walmart to check out the lites and saw the E for 100 bucks...I snapped it up...It was the Black Friday bundle so it had Plantin schoolbook and Serenade carts in it...score one for me...with all the prices getting lower...it makes me wonder what is looming on the horizon. Got the cake carts at Michaels on sale...not that I will ever buy the cake machine, I just loved the designs on them.

Today I went to our Michaels and everything Cricut was full price with the exception of a handful of older carts for $29 something. I also did not see one thing that was Cricut Cake related which is what I had gone there for.

CarolS Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, October 09, 2010 1:29:33 PM(UTC)
CarolS

United States

DaleKent wrote:

I wish I'd find an E for $100 even though I have two. Even the two I have I pretty much got for free since I was bidding last year for cartdrige bundles which just happened to have the E's with it. I did not pay over $150 for each one with several high priced cartridges in each bundle.