Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

IrishDancer Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 5:52:32 PM(UTC)
IrishDancer

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Ireland

Was thanked: 546 time(s) in 269 post(s)
Ok, I gave in and got the pink ATG. I've never used one, but I liked everyone's reviews of it and decided that I'd give it a go.

Got it loaded with no problems, but I just can't really get the hang of using it. I don't have problems with how heavy it is or how bulky. I think it's using the button. Glare Really? I have problems with a button? Angry

I get that you have to hold it while you drag it, but when do you let go of it? It seems like I let go too early and don't get tape all the way to the end of where I need it or I let go too late and get a gob of it at the end.

And then there's the problem of not getting any at the beginning. Mad Oh bother! What am I doing wrong??

Does anyone have any suggestions for the "ATG buttonly challenged"?
~tallulah~ Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, October 08, 2010 8:16:01 PM(UTC)
~tallulah~

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 343 time(s) in 247 post(s)
pull the trigger before you start rolling...even before you put it on the paper if you want. hold it while pulling straight back toward you. let off the trigger WHILE STILL PULLING toward you then pull the gun up off the paper.

if you pull the gun up off the paper before you let go the trigger it will pull the tape right up with it.
scrappy_becki Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, October 09, 2010 6:28:22 AM(UTC)
scrappy_becki

Was thanked: 22 time(s) in 20 post(s)
~talulah~ wrote:
pull the trigger before you start rolling...even before you put it on the paper if you want. hold it while pulling straight back toward you. let off the trigger WHILE STILL PULLING toward you then pull the gun up off the paper.

if you pull the gun up off the paper before you let go the trigger it will pull the tape right up with it.

Talulah is right. I have an original one. Hold the button then put on your paper, then pull towards you. When you get to the end of your paper where you want to stop, release the button & pull towards you still. It is important you let go of the button first or you will pull the adhesive up.

It does take some practice. It is a great adhesive gun & is the most economical.

Now I haven't seen them at M's like some are saying. Do they also sell the adhesive? We order ours online. There is six of us that have the ATG & we order the rolls in bulk for $3.15 each.

Good luck!
LinAnn Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, October 09, 2010 6:33:27 AM(UTC)
LinAnn

Was thanked: 440 time(s) in 300 post(s)
Yep, same thing was happening to me. Don't know how I figured it out, pulling the trigger first and releasing before ending on the project, but it made all the difference. Smile