Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
CarolS Offline
#31 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 3:08:27 PM(UTC)
CarolS

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 102 time(s) in 50 post(s)
SaraJo wrote:
So, I took my first cards to the post office and they charged me .88 each?! She said it was because something (a button) was sticking up). Anyone have anyway to mail without extra postage or what do you usually do? Do you make your cards different? Just curious. Thanks!!

If they have to hand cancel the stamps because the cards won't go through the machine you are charged more which is usually 20 cents per piece over the weight of the item regular cost.
PeggyArthurs Offline
#32 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 3:34:43 PM(UTC)
PeggyArthurs

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
paperchic wrote:
Isn't the price for stamps going up again this Jan.? It just makes me wonder what will happen if they'd ever close the post offices. How would we send things then? If UPS or one of them took over it could get really $$$. Sorry, just thinking out loud. Things like this always come to my mind.

The price increase is still up in the air...it has been proposed, but not yet approved. And I agree with you on your other point...how would we ever send our beautiful cards without the postal service? UPS or FedEX?? Please!
married05 Offline
#33 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 4:17:11 PM(UTC)
married05

Was thanked: 232 time(s) in 198 post(s)
I think I pay an extra 20 cents or so per card if the card is "bumpy." I love using pop dots and ribbon, so I don't mind paying a little extra.
cricutcrazylisa Offline
#34 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 7:26:56 PM(UTC)
cricutcrazylisa

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 81 post(s)
WELL! Now YOU'VE done it.....You alerted the post office. They'll be onto me now. To be honest I just slap a stamp on it and drop it in the mail. They haven't returned one yet. None of the recipients have said they received one with postage due
ylrosebud270 Offline
#35 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 7:39:01 PM(UTC)
ylrosebud270

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 49 post(s)
My PO also charges extra for odd shape cards. Had a round card in a square envelope and paid the extra.
LloydyneVining Offline
#36 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 7:51:07 PM(UTC)
LloydyneVining

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I turn my embelishment to the back side and sometimes put an extra piece of paper over it. Usually works.
loglyn Offline
#37 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 8:57:03 PM(UTC)
loglyn

Was thanked: 9 time(s) in 9 post(s)
yeah i got charged $1.66 today for an envelope because they slapped a "do not bend" stamp on it.
CowgirlUp Offline
#38 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 9:12:18 PM(UTC)
CowgirlUp

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 868 time(s) in 706 post(s)
I dont mind paying the extra (when its really needed) but what gets me is I wish they were consitant on when they charge more. I'm not kidding I had then charge me the extra 20 cents on one card but not the other and they were the exact same. alot of times it seems to very by who is working. Now most of the time I don't even bother with taking them to the post office and just put one stamp on it and mail it that way and call it good.
Anne Offline
#39 Posted : Wednesday, September 29, 2010 9:13:11 PM(UTC)
Anne

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 175 time(s) in 79 post(s)
I mailed three cards about a week ago and put them in a USPS photo mailer that said "DO NOT BEND" in them (one card in each mailer). Post office lady was squeezing and bending them and said that they are parcel because they won't bend. Also that I need to fill out a customs form for the one that was going to Europe.
I thought that she is out of her mind and refused to pay anything put 1st class rate. It was $1.56 to USA and $2.92 to Europe. Lady was muttering that I will get them back. I didn't.

loglyn wrote:
yeah i got charged $1.66 today for an envelope because they slapped a "do not bend" stamp on it.

SaraJo Offline
#40 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 6:09:11 AM(UTC)
SaraJo

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Wow!!! Thank you EVERYONE for all your comments!!! They really helped! The postpeople at my post office seem very SNIPPY, if that helps anyone. The post office is actually one of my favorite places actually and I think it is amazing! I never send UPS for anything, always USPS. I think they actually have VERY good prices and since I live 12 hours from everyone I send things to, I am a very good customer to them. BigGrin It was also a lady that I have never seen before, not the normal one. I understand the .20 extra, but she charged my double and there was NO WAY it was more than 1/4 inch thick. Angry I was just wondering, because I actually do send a lot of cards. I love getting mail, so therefore, I love sending it Flapper Guess I will cut out a template and then put a piece of cardstock over the front when mailing, then just stick it in the mail. Thank you again SO much!! BigGrin
LaurieinAz Offline
#41 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 7:38:36 AM(UTC)
LaurieinAz

Was thanked: 434 time(s) in 307 post(s)
I only pop items up if I'm hand delivering the card. I don't trust that they'll get through the post office in one piece.
KathyKohner Offline
#42 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 8:28:23 AM(UTC)
KathyKohner

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 23 post(s)
I mailed some invites a couple weeks ago and they had a ribbon tied around the invitation inside the envelope and the cost was $1.59 each. Since I wanted them to look nice, I opted for over postage so the stamps would be the same. Those darn invites cost $1.76 each and I mailed 27 of them. They were so pretty though, I guess it was worth it. Kathy
ylrosebud270 Offline
#43 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 9:10:05 AM(UTC)
ylrosebud270

Was thanked: 56 time(s) in 49 post(s)
OT.. LOL since we're talking about POs is it just me here? My one little PO closes for lunch. There are only 2 people that work there so I guess thats why, both are really nice, the old country type of place everyone very nice. Don't get me wrong everyone needs a lunch break. But I didn't know they closed from 12-1, till one day years ago I went there around that time. I had a good LOL when I saw that. I have never seen that before. I love this one, the lady that works there always ask me "more cards to mail" or "have I SB lately". (she doesn't paper craft) But there is another PO about 4 miles away if I'm in a hurry LOL.
FLGirlAtHeart Offline
#44 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 9:13:29 AM(UTC)
FLGirlAtHeart

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Another thing to keep in mind is the SHAPE of your envelope. A couple years ago I took 115 very nice SQUARE cards to the post offce and was charge extra for the shape. 78 cents each...do the math! DH was so not thrilled LOL.
 2 users thanked FLGirlAtHeart for this useful post.
SaraJo on 9/30/2010(UTC), Brenda on 10/1/2010(UTC)
CraftyChao$ Offline
#45 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 9:14:52 AM(UTC)
CraftyChao$

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 17 post(s)
I have a bunch of old stamps like 42, 34, 32 cents, etc. that I never used so I always just slap one or two of them on there along with my Forever stamp and I'm covered. That way, I can use up the old stamps and not have to pay any extra out of pocket. I haven't had to pay out of pocket yet!
 1 user thanked CraftyChao$ for this useful post.
SaraJo on 9/30/2010(UTC)
SaraJo Offline
#46 Posted : Friday, October 01, 2010 9:13:16 AM(UTC)
SaraJo

Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 21 post(s)
So... just want to give everyone an update. I heard this morning on the news that the PO got denied for raising the price by $.02, but they can still appeal the decision. Just thought I would let everyone know BigGrin