Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

JenniferDavis25 Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 1:11:59 AM(UTC)
JenniferDavis25

Groups: Registered

Hello! My name is Jennifer and I have a question for all of you gals who own a cricut machine, well two actually.

Well let me give ya a little background before I ask this question.

My daughter is in a High School Band and they are in competition season. Well each week the so called "spirit" groups puts up locker decorations on the football players, cheerleaders, soccer players and so on. and their locker decorations are really nice. Well when it comes to band they get a piece of paper with a stick figure on it playing an instrument. Which I do not think that is fair. So I am trying to make them some really nice locker decorations and this is where I need a little help at.

Here is where my question comes in. I am wanting to do locker decorations for 80+ member band. and I was wanting to know if their is anyone who has a Cricut machine and has cartridges that have tiger paws/dog paws. musical notes, instruments, things like that. If some one would be willing to use their machine to help me.

I am more than willing to send you the paper to cut out as well as pay for the shipping back. I am wanting to do the locker decorations until November. The earliest it would be in October if they do not pass Regional.

I am in the process of saving up to buy the Cricut machine. Not sure which one I am wanting to buy or what the difference is between them.By March or April I will finally have one and some cartridges. So next year would be a lot easier for me to make the locker decorations. My second questions is about the machines themselves and the differences between them. But I can wait for that answer!

If their is anyone who is willing to help me please let me know! I do have a face book page so you can see that I am real. and I do post about my daughter & the HS band, which they do post on you tube each of their competition performances.

Please contact me either thru here or email me at: dragenfire04@yahoo.com

Thank you very much!

I do have a sample decoration that I am working on that I can show you!

Jennifer
SusanD Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, September 28, 2010 7:07:26 PM(UTC)
SusanD

Was thanked: 26 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I can't help you, but if you go to "Smart Buy Gal", there is a lot of people who will help you on the vinyl thread. I have seen them do the paws and the musical notes. HTH

Also, I like the expression myself. I first bought the baby bug, and once I saw all of the stuff I can do on the expression, I bought that one. The baby limits you to size of 6X12, the expression you can do 12x12 or 12x24 projects. Great for doing vinyl on the walls. You will be addicted shortly.

Good Luck saving the money. Maybe for Christmas you can ask Santa for one, or at least some of accessories and cartridges so when you do get your cricut, you'll be all set.

Sue
barbarastewart1 Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 4:39:29 PM(UTC)
barbarastewart1

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 11040 time(s) in 3015 post(s)
I wish I could help you directly - however, we can't do that so I'm in agreement with what was suggested above me here. Also, I honestly think this is something you (and your Daughter and/or friend(s)) can do all by yourself this time around. IF you aren't comfortable drawing out something you can cut out - find a pic or two or twelve and go to Kinkos, make it the size you want and cut them out if you wish. I don't know how big or small these need to be ... but always remember STREAMERS!!! They are fun 'n easy 'n can attach to whatever design you decide on.
As for what Cricut to save up for: THE EXPRESSION. It's a DREAM.
V.Johnson Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 30, 2010 7:05:13 PM(UTC)
V.Johnson

Was thanked: 8 time(s) in 8 post(s)
See if you can find a place near you that rents Cricut "time" with cartridges. I know where I live there used to be a place that did this, but you had to stay in the store to use the Cricut and cartridges. Try that option. Best of luck!