Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

TSHREVE Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 3:52:18 PM(UTC)
TSHREVE

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 232 post(s)
The majority of my cartridges are the old style...like "Mickey and Friends".....and "Happily Ever After".
And to tell you the truth I was getting a little frustrated with them and all the tiny pieces and the layering is a pain.

Then I purchased Create A Critter, and I cannot believe how much easier the layering process is with these new carts. And I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE all the cute little critters on this one, not to mention it has tons of extras. And who doesn't love a bonus. Right?
So then I picked up "Old West" and "Pagoda" which I am also loving..............and now I am looking to buy a few more "NEW" ones so I went back over to the old MB and was looking at all the new carts and the images that are on each one.............and there are sooooo many to choose from. Seasonal carts....Lite carts etc......So I need a little help from my MB friends.

What is your favorite "NEW" cart and why.???????
And have you purchased a "NEW" cart only to get it home and now you hate it? Or feel ripped off?

Please respond....I value your opinions.
MamasScrappin Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, September 24, 2010 7:39:24 PM(UTC)
MamasScrappin

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 693 time(s) in 630 post(s)
My most recent ones are Happy Hauntings, Mini Monsters, From my Kitchen and Pagoda. I really like each one for different reasons. They are easy to piece together. Oh, almost forgot, I did buy the lites--- Cupcake wrappers, Sugar and Spice and Meow. Same thing, very easy to piece together and I love the images on all of these carts. I'm really picky about the ones I buy, so I only own around 30-35 carts. I don't want or need all of them. I'm not a collector---Couldn't afford it if I was!!BigGrin
 1 user thanked MamasScrappin for this useful post.
TSHREVE on 9/26/2010(UTC)
Bijou17 Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 7:43:25 AM(UTC)
Bijou17

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 30 post(s)
I got the Handyman Lite at WM and it is great. I've done a few cuts from it and really like it. I also have Creat A Critter on order. I didn't think I wanted it when it first came out, but finally decided I wanted it.
 1 user thanked Bijou17 for this useful post.
ksderby Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 2:55:41 PM(UTC)
ksderby

Was thanked: 59 time(s) in 50 post(s)
I love Mini Monsters. It is very easy to piece together. I've even done a t-shirt using it and couldn't be happier with the way things turned out.
 1 user thanked ksderby for this useful post.
amandac1 Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 4:08:20 PM(UTC)
amandac1

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
ksderby wrote:
I love Mini Monsters. It is very easy to piece together. I've even done a t-shirt using it and couldn't be happier with the way things turned out.

I have also really been using my Mini Monsters. That's probably a seasonal thing too. I use Sweet Treats a ton, Paisley and Storybook a lot too.
 1 user thanked amandac1 for this useful post.
Jan Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 6:38:16 PM(UTC)
Jan

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
My newest one's are Happy Hauntings, Mini Monsters and Oct 31. I'm finding them all to be easy to use, no confusing layering.
 1 user thanked Jan for this useful post.
BCSQ Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 7:08:59 PM(UTC)
BCSQ

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 653 time(s) in 592 post(s)
I have gotten 5 in the last week but have not had time to play with them yet. I got the 3 new winter minis and CAC and Country life. I don't have any kids but I think the extras of the carts will be fun and I am also doing the doors for a couple of teachers at the elem. school I went to. It has been really fun doing them. I have cousin that is in school there now so that is the main reason I am doing them. Anyway my new favorite cart is the Meow lite cart from walmart. But I LOVE my cats. I have 4 indoor cats and 4 outdoor cats right now. So that is why it is my favorite.

1 user thanked BCSQ for this useful post.
ღgennyannღ Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 7:47:59 PM(UTC)
ღgennyannღ

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 98 post(s)
My favorite new cartridge is Happy Hauntings because Halloween is my favorite time of the year and this cartridge is chalked full of goodies!

The one cartridge I purchased and really don't care for is Songbird. Not sure why, but theres just not much in it I like.
 1 user thanked ღgennyannღ for this useful post.
sherrihend180 Offline
#9 Posted : Saturday, September 25, 2010 10:37:33 PM(UTC)
sherrihend180

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Canada

Was thanked: 829 time(s) in 638 post(s)
I love Happy Hauntings because I love Halloween. I also really like Simp.ly Charmed because it has so much on it. I really like the Minis because they have some lovely cuts for specific themes.
 1 user thanked sherrihend180 for this useful post.
TSHREVE Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 1:40:04 PM(UTC)
TSHREVE

Was thanked: 314 time(s) in 232 post(s)
Thanks for all the great info........I too am very picky about the carts I buy. I definately do not have the money to just collect them. I only want to buy the ones I think I will get the most use out of.
I only have 15 right now.

I am really liking the mini monsters cart for sure......and I am torn between October 31st and happy hauntings. (Halloween is by far my favorite holiday.........and I am addicted to Martha Stewarts halloween punches too.)

Anyway I saw a video on the Mini Monsters cart where they used the peachy keen monster faces stamps. But I think you have to have a Gypsy or DS to make it cut them out without the faces, so you can stamp them. And I don't own either yet. Maybe one day. Do any of you who own the mini monsters cart know if you can cut them out sans the faces without a separate program like DS or SCAL or the Gypsy etc?
MomToFive Offline
#11 Posted : Sunday, September 26, 2010 3:20:55 PM(UTC)
MomToFive

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
The Disney carts really are tough but the end results are so worth it. I actually bought my first Cricut when I heard there were going to be Disney Carts so I have a bit of practice with piecing before they were released. I really do need to get out some of my newer carts and get playing with them. Picked up Mini Monsters and Create a Critter ... can't wait to use them.
Kraftin'Kathie Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, September 27, 2010 6:45:42 AM(UTC)
Kraftin'Kathie

Was thanked: 148 time(s) in 103 post(s)
I agree with Momto5...the Disney carts are very detailed and a little tough,but I still enjoy using them.
I did a layout for my daughters using Mulan from "Happily Ever After" and have her standing on the bridge from "Pagoda'.
I also used other bits from "Pagoda" to finish the page.

As for a favorite...cant really say that I have one. I try to use bits and pieces from several carts when doing
a poject and I dont buy cartridges without looking at all of the images. So,I guess if I own it I like it and so far
I like 30! Id like to add "Happy Hauntings" to the mix though.