Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

LovelyLady Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2014 12:57:49 AM(UTC)
LovelyLady

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 9/17/2009(UTC)
Posts: 892
Location: Canada

Thanks: 1264 times
Was thanked: 301 time(s) in 235 post(s)
Here's the link for write and cut.Smile

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HoKZEMmh24A

Edited by user Friday, February 21, 2014 1:01:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

 3 users thanked LovelyLady for this useful post.
Merrie Jones on 2/20/2014(UTC), GypsyBoricua on 2/20/2014(UTC), Mary R. on 2/21/2014(UTC)
GypsyBoricua Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2014 6:59:26 AM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/6/2010(UTC)
Posts: 990

Thanks: 1039 times
Was thanked: 708 time(s) in 368 post(s)
Fantastic video!!!! Her videos continue to open my eyes as to what I will be able to do.
GracefulGrammar Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2014 7:12:02 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/17/2008(UTC)
Posts: 2,005

Thanks: 924 times
Was thanked: 1631 time(s) in 749 post(s)
Now this makes me happy :-)
 1 user thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
GypsyBoricua on 2/20/2014(UTC)
sherry22154 Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2014 7:12:49 AM(UTC)
sherry22154

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/18/2014(UTC)
Posts: 82
Location: Pennsylvania

Thanks: 13 times
Was thanked: 33 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Thank you great video. Can't wait till next week to get mine to try
 1 user thanked sherry22154 for this useful post.
GypsyBoricua on 2/20/2014(UTC)
Eleanor Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, February 20, 2014 7:34:54 AM(UTC)
Eleanor

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/29/2009(UTC)
Posts: 135
Location: Diamond Bar, CA

Thanks: 742 times
Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 44 post(s)
Great video. Did you notice that she used American Crafts Slick Writer pen? Said it worked the same as the Cricut pens. Get shopping ladies if you didn't order pens from HSN.
Eleanor
LovelyLady Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2014 12:45:13 AM(UTC)
LovelyLady

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 9/17/2009(UTC)
Posts: 892
Location: Canada

Thanks: 1264 times
Was thanked: 301 time(s) in 235 post(s)
New video -- weld and shadow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRS2MA-gLQs Smile
 3 users thanked LovelyLady for this useful post.
Mary R. on 2/21/2014(UTC), GracefulGrammar on 2/21/2014(UTC), blurobin on 2/21/2014(UTC)
GracefulGrammar Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2014 3:41:29 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/17/2008(UTC)
Posts: 2,005

Thanks: 924 times
Was thanked: 1631 time(s) in 749 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LovelyLady Go to Quoted Post
New video -- weld and shadow

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRS2MA-gLQs Smile


It's great to see real scallops,,,,,, but the shadowing feature while doable is archaic, and; needs to be stepped-up to meet the standards set years ago by other software. IMHO, the shadowing is very disappointing. I hope PC is more diligent about adding features to DeSpace than they have been with past software ventures....... 1-click shadowing is a must have; and, I am disappointed not to see it included in DeSpace.
 2 users thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
mom2sidsquid on 2/21/2014(UTC), GypsyBoricua on 2/21/2014(UTC)
TracyJacobsen Offline
#8 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2014 4:43:08 AM(UTC)
TracyJacobsen

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 158

Thanks: 92 times
Was thanked: 128 time(s) in 72 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GracefulGrammar Go to Quoted Post
It's great to see real scallops,,,,,, but the shadowing feature while doable is archaic, and; needs to be stepped-up to meet the standards set years ago by other software. IMHO, the shadowing is very disappointing. I hope PC is more diligent about adding features to DeSpace than they have been with past software ventures....... 1-click shadowing is a must have; and, I am disappointed not to see it included in DeSpace.


That's going to be a tricky one. I kind of agree that offset (shadow) and inset would be very useful. But I also see where Cricut is focusing on layout & library cutting tools. If they put too many drawing tools in, it will confuse some. I hope they have a list of tools they plan to add as people get used to the software. But version 1.0 focuses on core functions.
nancyh Offline
#9 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2014 5:12:36 AM(UTC)
nancyh

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2007(UTC)
Posts: 1,638
Location: central Florida

Thanks: 10 times
Was thanked: 576 time(s) in 435 post(s)
TFS! I too wish they had included one step shadowing, but maybe in the future. Still, DSpace s seems much improved over CCR, and I am still excited to try it out. I can't wait for my machine to get here!
GracefulGrammar Offline
#10 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2014 5:16:57 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/17/2008(UTC)
Posts: 2,005

Thanks: 924 times
Was thanked: 1631 time(s) in 749 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TracyJacobsen Go to Quoted Post
That's going to be a tricky one. I kind of agree that offset (shadow) and inset would be very useful. But I also see where Cricut is focusing on layout & library cutting tools. If they put too many drawing tools in, it will confuse some. I hope they have a list of tools they plan to add as people get used to the software. But version 1.0 focuses on core functions.


I guess I am spoiled by the competition.... I see shadowing/offset as a core function..... And it's certainly an easier process to accomplish with 1-click offset than extra steps Joy had to go through to get her shadow.

 1 user thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
mom2sidsquid on 2/21/2014(UTC)
GracefulGrammar Offline
#11 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2014 5:30:38 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/17/2008(UTC)
Posts: 2,005

Thanks: 924 times
Was thanked: 1631 time(s) in 749 post(s)
Originally Posted by: nancyh Go to Quoted Post
TFS! I too wish they had included one step shadowing, but maybe in the future. Still, DSpace s seems much improved over CCR, and I am still excited to try it out. I can't wait for my machine to get here!


It's a real improvement, Nancy, but PC has not added any new functions to CCR; and, if users don't keep a public wishlist alive for DeSpace the same thing could happen with this new software. Time will tell. I certainly wouldn't be adverse to having a 2nd tier software that was a $$$ add-on in the same manner Silhouette has done for people who need/want more advanced tools. I think there is room for both. I want to see this machine succeed. To attract new users, PC has to keep up with what the competition has offered for years. I really don't want another piece of discontinued PC craft ware in my scrap room. The software is very important. As soon as the software goes live, the comparisons will start..... Because the X is totally dependent on the PC software, lack of common features could make or break it, IMHO.
 2 users thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
mom2sidsquid on 2/21/2014(UTC), GypsyBoricua on 2/21/2014(UTC)
nancyh Offline
#12 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2014 6:29:47 AM(UTC)
nancyh

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/20/2007(UTC)
Posts: 1,638
Location: central Florida

Thanks: 10 times
Was thanked: 576 time(s) in 435 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GracefulGrammar Go to Quoted Post
It's a real improvement, Nancy, but PC has not added any new functions to CCR; and, if users don't keep a public wishlist alive for DeSpace the same thing could happen with this new software. Time will tell. I certainly wouldn't be adverse to having a 2nd tier software that was a $$$ add-on in the same manner Silhouette has done for people who need/want more advanced tools. I think there is room for both. I want to see this machine succeed. To attract new users, PC has to keep up with what the competition has offered for years. I really don't want another piece of discontinued PC craft ware in my scrap room. The software is very important. As soon as the software goes live, the comparisons will start..... Because the X is totally dependent on the PC software, lack of common features could make or break it, IMHO.


Very true that PC hasn't added any new features to CCR, but with CCR they were still only focusing on their designs only. A purchase for a 2nd tier software is a fabulous idea for those who want to expand on it to use more advanced tools! There is definitely room for both. Hopefully PC will listen, and they will continue to upgrade DSpace. I do very little (almost none) designing on my own, but I would love to have the option available. I am not a fan of inkscape, no matter how many tutorials I watch on it, I still can't seem to get the hang of it. Flapper Obviously this is not where my talent lies. LOL

Edited by user Friday, February 21, 2014 6:32:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

 2 users thanked nancyh for this useful post.
GypsyBoricua on 2/21/2014(UTC), mom2sidsquid on 2/21/2014(UTC)
TracyJacobsen Offline
#13 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2014 7:34:25 AM(UTC)
TracyJacobsen

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/28/2009(UTC)
Posts: 158

Thanks: 92 times
Was thanked: 128 time(s) in 72 post(s)
Alignment tools are a big hole I see right now. Watching the videos and seeing Joy and Melody skootch the items left and right made me cringe.

In a dream world, PC would make an Illustrator plug-in to drive the Explore. An Inkscape plug-in would be far too much to wish for.
GracefulGrammar Offline
#14 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2014 8:02:11 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/17/2008(UTC)
Posts: 2,005

Thanks: 924 times
Was thanked: 1631 time(s) in 749 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TracyJacobsen Go to Quoted Post
Alignment tools are a big hole I see right now. Watching the videos and seeing Joy and Melody skootch the items left and right made me cringe.

In a dream world, PC would make an Illustrator plug-in to drive the Explore. An Inkscape plug-in would be far too much to wish for.


PC was asked by CCR beta testers to provide alignment tools since the first day CCR went into beta. An Imagine Engineer, also, delivered the request made via a yahoo group to the CCR team, I sent in numerous unacknowledged requests while beta testing CCR..... obviously, these requests have been ignored for years, as they are not in CCR.


ETA:
For SVG Users, this will open up a whole new market for 3rd party software because they have all the tools in place. X users can do most of their SVG creation in 3rd party software (Illustrator, CorelDraw, InkScape, MTC, SCAL) and export as an SVG, import into DeSpace.

Shadowing and alignment (among other features) still need to be incorporated into DeSpace in order for it to compete with the current market software.

Edited by user Friday, February 21, 2014 8:15:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

melodylanedesigns Offline
#15 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2014 8:34:20 AM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/31/2011(UTC)
Posts: 2,327
Location: Kankakee IL

Thanks: 356 times
Was thanked: 1800 time(s) in 891 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TracyJacobsen Go to Quoted Post
Alignment tools are a big hole I see right now. Watching the videos and seeing Joy and Melody skootch the items left and right made me cringe.

In a dream world, PC would make an Illustrator plug-in to drive the Explore. An Inkscape plug-in would be far too much to wish for.


PC wanted this to be easy. Moving an item out of our way was mainly to show you something else. We could have just clicked the eye to have it disappear for a min, but we did what we know. I have downloaded Inkscape watched a few videos on it. I don't have time to learn that. This is much easier for me. I learned how to use Design Space 100% on my own, no one gave me any instruction, no videos, nothing. it is that easy. I am sure they will add more features in the future but Design Space is awesome as it is and easy.BigGrin
 1 user thanked melodylanedesigns for this useful post.
Eleanor on 2/21/2014(UTC)
melodylanedesigns Offline
#16 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2014 8:37:12 AM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/31/2011(UTC)
Posts: 2,327
Location: Kankakee IL

Thanks: 356 times
Was thanked: 1800 time(s) in 891 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Eleanor Go to Quoted Post
Great video. Did you notice that she used American Crafts Slick Writer pen? Said it worked the same as the Cricut pens. Get shopping ladies if you didn't order pens from HSN.
Eleanor


Recollection pens/ Markers also work, fine and medium point.
 1 user thanked melodylanedesigns for this useful post.
jscraftylady on 2/21/2014(UTC)
jscraftylady Offline
#17 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2014 8:55:08 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 11/18/2006(UTC)
Posts: 3,465
Location: Alabama

Thanks: 499 times
Was thanked: 2046 time(s) in 1118 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Eleanor Go to Quoted Post
Great video. Did you notice that she used American Crafts Slick Writer pen? Said it worked the same as the Cricut pens. Get shopping ladies if you didn't order pens from HSN.
Eleanor


I just bought these a few weeks ago on clearance. How fortuitous!BigGrin
patricialewis@verizon.net Offline
#18 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2014 9:51:19 AM(UTC)
patricialewis@verizon.net

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/19/2009(UTC)
Posts: 242

Thanks: 12 times
Was thanked: 80 time(s) in 54 post(s)
Thanks for the video tutorial I was on the fence about buying the explorer but I may get
it when it come in the store
sandybj195566ad990e Offline
#19 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2014 11:09:37 AM(UTC)
sandybj195566ad990e

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/5/2014(UTC)
Posts: 69

Thanks: 9 times
Was thanked: 68 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Originally Posted by: melodylanedesigns Go to Quoted Post
Recollection pens/ Markers also work, fine and medium point.


Do you mean they are the same size and shape, and snap into the holder the same as the pen that comes with the machine? Or do you have to futz around to make them work?
melodylanedesigns Offline
#20 Posted : Friday, February 21, 2014 11:12:06 AM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/31/2011(UTC)
Posts: 2,327
Location: Kankakee IL

Thanks: 356 times
Was thanked: 1800 time(s) in 891 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sandybj195566ad990e Go to Quoted Post
Do you mean they are the same size and shape, and snap into the holder the same as the pen that comes with the machine? Or do you have to futz around to make them work?


They look and fit exactly the same.
 1 user thanked melodylanedesigns for this useful post.
GracefulGrammar on 2/21/2014(UTC)
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.972 seconds.
nebo-cricut-01