Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
madgespitzer Offline
#31 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 9:03:50 AM(UTC)
madgespitzer

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/21/2008(UTC)
Posts: 640
United States
Location: AL

Thanks: 297 times
Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jooniper Go to Quoted Post
Melody is correct about the video game consoles. Microsoft for XBOX One got back lash for making their system not be able to use used games. Then Microsoft came back and fixed it, just like PC did with the SVGs free to cut. And XBOX One is not backwards compatible, meaning the technology is too advanced for the XBOX 360 games.


I remember over the summer when this happen. It upset alot of people. I own all 3 video game systems and I preorder everytime the new one comes out. With technology always moving forward, that is all you can do. But Microsoft handle it, just like PC decided. PC didn't have to do anything. I have resisted CCR and have continued to use my Gypsy. I'm not in love with everything about this new machine. But the idea, that is cuts amazing, is one of the reason to update for me. The new technology is what I'm excited about. I do wish they had made it where we could use are carts without software. Like I posted on another thread, I hate that the software is internet based. I wish there was a way to make it downloadable. The main reason I bought a Gypsy, was to design at work during down time. I won't be able to do that now, because I can't access the internet there.

One more note about video games, you got to love the video game companys that release a game on all the gaming systems and they make it a tad bit different or release certain characters to certain systems. Talk about frustrating!

I don't Facebook, but my son got on his, so I could check Cricut's page. You make a very good point Ken. Unfortunately, in this day and age of social media. It's too easy to be nasty to others, because there is no true accountabilty for what you say and how it hurts others. It was a great learning point for my son last night. I tell him all the time and he got to see it first hand while we were on there.

Madge
 1 user thanked madgespitzer for this useful post.
Eleanor on 1/24/2014(UTC)
nightmare/fan Offline
#32 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 9:47:43 AM(UTC)
nightmare/fan

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 4/2/2008(UTC)
Posts: 378
United States
Location: Michigan

Thanks: 174 times
Was thanked: 265 time(s) in 138 post(s)
Thanks Melodaylane for the blog information! This makes me want the machine even more!!! I was upset that once again it is software that is internet dependent, but I guess this machine will stay home and my E and Gypsy will still go with me to crops!
Jeanne
 2 users thanked nightmare/fan for this useful post.
Jooniper on 1/24/2014(UTC), ellamap on 1/24/2014(UTC)
Di&Co Online
#33 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 11:58:59 AM(UTC)
Di&Co

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 8/12/2007(UTC)
Posts: 11,153
Canada
Location: Saskatchewan

Thanks: 5213 times
Was thanked: 19009 time(s) in 4903 post(s)
You simply can't please everyone!

I have not bought all of PCs products because I don't see the need to have every one of them. And I don't feel there is anything wrong with that. The ones I do have, I love!

Ken, you said it better than I could. I work with the public every day and I understand how frustrated customers get when things don't work correctly. There are also the customers that one can never please.

There's a reason I'm not a fan of social media. I prefer rather to deal with people directly. Do I use social media? Occasionally.

Will I buy this new machine? I will wait and see what people do with it first...as I always have done.
 5 users thanked Di&Co for this useful post.
LovelyLady on 1/24/2014(UTC), Eleanor on 1/24/2014(UTC), Merrie Jones on 1/24/2014(UTC), Jooniper on 1/24/2014(UTC), rhondah* on 1/25/2014(UTC)
jscraftylady Online
#34 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 12:43:12 PM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 11/18/2006(UTC)
Posts: 3,422
Location: Alabama

Thanks: 498 times
Was thanked: 2012 time(s) in 1094 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ken's Kreations Go to Quoted Post
Okay....before you read this let me give you a disclaimer....

I do not work for provocraft, own stock in provocraft, have relatives at provocraft, or get any benefits from provocraft. Also I am a victim of sometimes things going wrong with some of their products, however if am also a victim of their wonderful customer service.....

I wanted to give kudos and praise to cricut and everyone who is manning the Facebook board currently. I know many people are frustrated and these people may have have justification for these frustrations, however have you seen the show on Facebook now? I get it! I really do, people are frustrated! However I still do not understand what is going on. Circuit listened to us and is allowing us to cut SVG for free now...this is huge! However people still are not happy. They are leaving horrible comments on the circuit Facebook page. I am shocked cricut does not just take these comments down, however they respond to them and try to diffuse the situation. I understand people are upset because they have older machine that are not able to cut SVG, however that is technology. In all technology, upgrades are required. Apple is a prime example. If you wan the "new" features of the next generation iPhone you either upgrade to that phone or you do not get those features. Apple does not generally give you those features on old generations. The same goes for cricut.

I am not defending cricut or their choices ,however I am just shocked how disrespectful people are on Facebook after cricut makes an announcement telling everyone that they will no longer charge everyone. People are just down right rude. Not only to circuit but other people leaving the comments. It simply amazes me!

For anyone working at cricut manning these Facebook boards and comments, stay strong and use the force!

Once again.....Ken does NOT work for cricut say please when you leave comments here wither yelling at me or making fun of me please do not say..."I wonder if ken works an cricut" I only say this because anytime someone said something nice on the cricuts facebook page people would always say. " they must work for cricut!"

Anyways moral of the story is

" great job Cricut on taking a licking and keep on ticking" LOL......did this make anyone laugh? That was the goal!


This is what cracks me up when folks think things are getting "mean" on this messageboard. This messageboard's discussion of the Explore is by far (like millions of miles by far) the most positive and polite discussion I have seen. I have a feeling there are some messageboard regulars who don't realize the number of people who have been burned by Cricut and the level of their animosity towards the company. Facebook is just a taste of that. I have seen much worse on a few other crafty messageboards.
 1 user thanked jscraftylady for this useful post.
mom2sidsquid on 1/25/2014(UTC)
Scrappy_Vee Offline
#35 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 1:03:29 PM(UTC)
Scrappy_Vee

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/14/2011(UTC)
Posts: 420
New Zealand
Location: New Zealand

Thanks: 427 times
Was thanked: 235 time(s) in 157 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jscraftylady Go to Quoted Post
This is what cracks me up when folks think things are getting "mean" on this messageboard. This messageboard's discussion of the Explore is by far (like millions of miles by far) the most positive and polite discussion I have seen. I have a feeling there are some messageboard regulars who don't realize the number of people who have been burned by Cricut and the level of their animosity towards the company. Facebook is just a taste of that. I have seen much worse on a few other crafty messageboards.


Unless you've been living under a rock, you must surely know that so many people have been burned with the I and the G. It really sucks, I've felt bad for those people. I've offered advice where I could, sympathy when they've needed it but at some point enough has to be enough.

I don't know what more those that have been burned can do about their situation but why should the rest of us continuously have it rammed down our throats.

Some of us want to move forward with the new machine, but there are a few people on this message board (I don't go to facebook, sounds like I don't want to) that just wont let us.
 2 users thanked Scrappy_Vee for this useful post.
Jooniper on 1/24/2014(UTC), ellamap on 1/24/2014(UTC)
Annabella Offline
#36 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 1:07:54 PM(UTC)
Annabella

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 4/16/2009(UTC)
Posts: 2,259
United States
Location: Near Lake Erie

Thanks: 2439 times
Was thanked: 624 time(s) in 509 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GypsyBoricua Go to Quoted Post
This is really poor marketing on their part, especially because of the recent Christmas purchases of the E2. Those people bought a machine that was completely obsolete with no advance warning.

In other words, the should have thrown us a bone, but they didn't. The roll out of the Explore just feels like the same old PC tactics. And A LOT of people feel that way too, not just me.



I purchased an E2 at black Friday sales. I returned it and stayed with the E as I am comfy with it.
PC announced thru what ever sources that there was a new machine coming out after the New Year. I knew this and still bought an old fashion machine. Many people commented on why the sales and such with something new coming.

I feel that all were warned appropriately and still bought. I just think that there are people that you can never satisfy.
 2 users thanked Annabella for this useful post.
Jooniper on 1/24/2014(UTC), LovelyLady on 1/24/2014(UTC)
Moxy77 Offline
#37 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 3:28:32 PM(UTC)
Moxy77

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 2/4/2009(UTC)
Posts: 1,037
United States
Location: Levelland,Texas

Thanks: 428 times
Was thanked: 380 time(s) in 279 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jooniper Go to Quoted Post
Just like the Imagine was aimed at a different type of crafting group. Same with the Gypsy for a crafter on the go. All of their machines are aimed for different crafting types. Why should the Explore be any different?


The Imagine may have been aimed at a different type of crafter but it was still aimed at papercrafters,scrapbookers, and cardmakers -the same as for the Gypsy. What I am seeing is that Provocraft is looking for a "different" core base. At the big reveal Joy and Melanie said they and one other girl were the only bloggers from the scrapbooking side invited. All those other bloggers where from home and gardening, home decor, and what I call artsy smartys blogs. Kind of a funny crowd to me to debut a new cutting machine. Granted it will cut out a lot of different types of material but IMO it's core base is still paper and for papercrafters. I think that PC geared it to these kind of people because they think that most of the scrapbookers have fled. Maybe another reason why they didn't debut at CHA. I don't know. Just something to think about. Melissa

*Meg* Offline
#38 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 5:12:00 PM(UTC)
*Meg*

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/4/2013(UTC)
Posts: 104

Thanks: 189 times
Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 60 post(s)
I have no problem with PC gearing new machines toward any type of crafter it wants to attract.

My concern is that PC doesn't appear to want to retain the crafters it currently has (and has been attracting and enabling for years) -- the crafters who have supported PC and the Cricut system from the very start when it was marketed as a stand-alone, computer-free, internet-free portable cutter with physical cartridges.

Why does PC insist upon always burning its bridges? It abandons older products (and some are only a year or two "older") when it introduces new ones. The company rarely provides updates and improvements for older machines & programs, instead preferring the slash & burn method of trashing them and trotting out something new (which will likely be tossed aside in a year or two). Frankly, this obvious moneygrab has been irritating folks for a while, but the news that the new system will again be online-dependent, will NOT compatible with existing machines & programs, and will NOT allow crafters to use physical carts without being online goes well beyond irritating for many people.

It would not be difficult to cater to both types of crafter. (And many people, like myself, ARE both types.) There are many who want to keep their stand-alone, computer-free, internet-free portable cutter with physical cartridges (and, so very important to some of us, our Gypsys!) and be assured that all this will be supported in the future. There are also those who have no problem with being on their computers and the internet to do their crafting. It truly does not have to be the "either/or" situation PC appears to be fostering.

Personally, if I'm home, I can do my crafting on the computer/internet. I do it often and like what I can accomplish in that situation. However, I do a lot of my diecutting away from home at places where I don't have internet available. Some of the buildings are built like bomb shelters (one of our schools actually is/was a bomb shelter!) and my phone cannot generate a hotspot in those places even if I wanted to use it to get my cutter & design program online.

Many other people have mentioned crafting while in cabins, RVs, vacation homes, crop locations that have an iffy or nonexistent internet signal, etc. The new system is totally unsuitable for these situations. This wouldn't be a problem if the new system was not also the obvious death-knell to the system that DOES work in these situations.

Edited by user Friday, January 24, 2014 5:34:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

 2 users thanked *Meg* for this useful post.
Catita on 1/24/2014(UTC), MaryScraps on 1/24/2014(UTC)
GracefulGrammar Offline
#39 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 6:14:05 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/17/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,932

Thanks: 878 times
Was thanked: 1587 time(s) in 722 post(s)
Yes, there are a lot of blunt, angry comments on FB and other sites and groups........ how unfortunate that a situation was created that precipitated this kind of anger from once open-wallet, loyal customers.........

Let's hope that this release will begin a "new era" and loyal endusers can be won back!

Edited by user Friday, January 24, 2014 6:14:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

 1 user thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
mom2sidsquid on 1/25/2014(UTC)
MaryScraps Offline
#40 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 5:39:19 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 11/25/2008(UTC)
Posts: 7,311
United States

Thanks: 9014 times
Was thanked: 6699 time(s) in 2726 post(s)
I don't know where everyone is going to read nasty comments.
They must not be sites that I go to. Because I have not seen any nasty comments. LOL
FB The Official Cricut page took down all the nasty comments from what I have seen.
I don't see any nasty comments here. Unless I missed something.

Edited by user Saturday, January 25, 2014 5:41:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

 1 user thanked MaryScraps for this useful post.
rhondah* on 1/25/2014(UTC)
Sadie77 Offline
#41 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 9:30:40 AM(UTC)
Sadie77

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/5/2008(UTC)
Posts: 126

Thanks: 19 times
Was thanked: 25 time(s) in 24 post(s)
I have always come to this board for information and to pick up tips on Craft ideas I have learned a lot from the people that were willing to spend the time and energy to produce beautiful things with their Cricuts. Unfortunately, I am not good with technology and still use my DS. Im not saying I'm stupid, maybe just technically challengedBlushing I think the Explore looks amazing. I do hope they still bring out something like the gypsy or something that just allows us to create like the DS. I still use mine but am not looking at new cartridges since they aren't upgraded to the DS I'm not complaining, I wish I could figure out the CCR. Anyway, so many people have given me great advice, just wanted to say thanks
 1 user thanked Sadie77 for this useful post.
Eleanor on 1/25/2014(UTC)
JoyceG Offline
#42 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 10:06:43 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 3/17/2007(UTC)
Posts: 1,716

Thanks: 1280 times
Was thanked: 883 time(s) in 576 post(s)
Ken, I have ignored all FB message boards that has anything to do with Cricut. I haven't been here on the cricut MB much since cricut started giving their hints to the Explore machine...why ya might ask?? Because I knew there was gonna be so much whining and complaining going on about it and I didn't wanna see any of it.

I have found I'm a happier person when I don't allow myself to get into all the negativity so many people are putting out there. I don't need the drama. I love my E and should both of them break..then I might check out the Explore.

Joyce
MJ Scrapper Offline
#43 Posted : Saturday, January 25, 2014 11:24:21 PM(UTC)
MJ Scrapper

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 10/25/2010(UTC)
Posts: 173

Thanks: 48 times
Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 41 post(s)
Ken, I read at Two Peas that you bought the other brand of cutter and were done with Cricut. Must be you changed your mind.
 2 users thanked MJ Scrapper for this useful post.
MaryScraps on 1/26/2014(UTC), sassyk on 1/26/2014(UTC)
Ruthy Offline
#44 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 10:01:26 AM(UTC)
Ruthy

Rank: Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/25/2011(UTC)
Posts: 19

Thanks: 4 times
Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Have an E, and Cuttlebug. Got an EBosser for Xmas. New technology but will use both machines . I have SCAL and am still able to cut SVG's even thought I have updated my E several times since the lawsuit. I also own 100 carts and several digital ones as well. Prefer the carts to the SVG's but that's me. Have been considering a Silhouette for the precision cutting of small images. Will wait until the Explore comes out and there are some tests and comparisons done before deciding which to buy. Both have advantages and disadvantages. The S is portable for crops, the Explore not which could be a problem as most of the Scrapfests etc that I go to don't have internet available. ( amazing, I know), but I can use my physical carts in the Explore and not the S. Will be a toss up. Price will also be a factor as the S had been for sale here (Canada) for as low as $229 and Explore will be $299. Also not sure if I will like having to work online all the time. I use CCR but haven't really taken the time to learn it well(my fault) but did have some issues at times when it was updated getting it to load properly so found it frustrating so am not sure that I want to have to work online. The Explore looks interesting however and I am willing to wait and see. Just my thoughts and I too am appalled by the lack of manners and rudeness seen on this and other sites. I don't care how frustrated you are, that is uncalled for. It might be my age but I see it as another sign of the entitlement that people in our society today consider they are owed.
Does anyone know if digital carts will be accessible on the Explore? I know we will be able to use our physical cartridges.
Olivia'sNana Offline
#45 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 10:38:51 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/22/2008(UTC)
Posts: 970
Location: rural Oklahoma

Thanks: 42 times
Was thanked: 765 time(s) in 343 post(s)
Originally Posted by: r2d2555b28c01e1 Go to Quoted Post
I know we will be able to use our physical cartridges.


I don't think so unless they are linked to your account. The only reason why I am not interested in the new machine because the carts have to be linked to use. I share a lot of carts with a friend, mom and DIL so I don't link. Not an internet problem, just I don't want to link because I use a lot of carts that are joint ownership or not mine.

This is probably the one new machine that I would buy (an upgrade to my one and only E that works so good with CCR) if you could use physical carts with the new design program and if the reviews are positive once it does hit the market (meaning if would have to cut lots better than the E and DS would have to be as good or better than ccr and use physical cart) I care nothing about svg..... and such

Edited by user Sunday, January 26, 2014 10:44:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

 1 user thanked Olivia'sNana for this useful post.
Moxy77 on 1/26/2014(UTC)
*Meg* Offline
#46 Posted : Sunday, January 26, 2014 10:50:57 AM(UTC)
*Meg*

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 9/4/2013(UTC)
Posts: 104

Thanks: 189 times
Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 60 post(s)
Originally Posted by: r2d2555b28c01e1 Go to Quoted Post
I know we will be able to use our physical cartridges.

You'll only be able to use your physical carts with the Explore if you link those carts to the new online-dependent design program. You'll have to be online to use your physical carts.

Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages<12
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 1.471 seconds.
nebo-cricut-02