Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

PhotobearSam Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 8:08:11 AM(UTC)
PhotobearSam

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 48 time(s) in 35 post(s)
If the new machine you could still use free standing (not hooked up to the computer or internet) for cartridges plus you could cut SVG and TTF I would be first in line to buy it.

I don't want to have to go online to use my cartridges, so I will not be buying it.

I saw this on another board and thought it made perfect sense.

I love my Gypsy but if it died I would have to lug my 330+ carts from Canada to Florida each winter because where I crop there is no wifi.

Furthermore, I don't travel with a laptop....I have an iPad.

I want to cut SVG's but if I have to be online and on a laptop.....NOT going to happen.

So please consider an EXPLORE 2.0 that would have a keyboard for using carts as stand alone (or touch screen but I hate it on my E2) because I bought my first Cricut on the "you don't need a computer" line.
And PLEASE consider making an APP that would work like the Gypsy....has all my carts and would let me cut on my older machines without internet and would let me create where there is no wifi like in the car, doctors office, camping, waiting for an appointment....etc

If you could design a machine for Provocraft what would it include ? Because the Explore is not ENOUGH for me. Sorry PC.
 3 users thanked PhotobearSam for this useful post.
TammyPuckett on 1/24/2014(UTC), MaryScraps on 1/24/2014(UTC), *Meg* on 1/24/2014(UTC)
madgespitzer Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 8:39:41 AM(UTC)
madgespitzer

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 160 post(s)
I would love for it not to be an internet base program. I truly would give anything for it to be downloadable. I too have a Gypsy and I love it. The reason I bought it was I could take it to work and design my cuts during down time and then I could cut when I got home. I can bring my laptop to work, but I can't access the company internet, so I can't design on this software while at work. I too bought the Cricut because I spend all day on a computer and didn't want to be tied to one while scrapbooking. I haven't used CCR, just my Gypsy. Now I do like this Explore, becuase it is suppose to cut amazing. That and I can cut any font is why I'm buying it. Which means I have to learn the software, bummer. I just wish there was a way for them to make it downloadable and then a button to save to the cloud thing or whatever reason it has to be internet. I'm not tech savy!
I agree it would have been nice for it to be stand alone for the use of carts.

Madge
Scrapperdee Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 9:39:01 AM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 4075 time(s) in 2336 post(s)
If the app for the iPad was made to work without being on the internet.....that would help a bit It would help when at crops

I have apps that work without being on the internet & once I am on the internet, it updates my cloud with whatever I changed when offline & allows me to update app for changes to the program. One I use daily like that is myfitnesspal
 1 user thanked Scrapperdee for this useful post.
MaryScraps on 1/24/2014(UTC)
*Meg* Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 10:45:22 AM(UTC)
*Meg*

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 60 post(s)
Quote:
If the new machine you could still use free standing (not hooked up to the computer or internet) for cartridges plus you could cut SVG and TTF I would be first in line to buy it.

I'd need one more thing>>> A Gypsy-like device with true design capabilities, not just an app that manages canned (pre-programed/designed) projects. CricutGena said the upcoming app, which is shown only on an iPad, will be "focused on Make It Now projects." Not liking the sound of that at all.

I've also read, but cannot believe, that the app will cost $50. Surely that's not correct! I know the bluetooth device will be $50, so I'm hoping that some folks have mixed up the two "coming soon" features somehow and tagged them both at $50.