Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Ken's Kreations Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 8:10:01 PM(UTC)
Ken's Kreations

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1940 time(s) in 494 post(s)
Okay....before you read this let me give you a disclaimer....

I do not work for provocraft, own stock in provocraft, have relatives at provocraft, or get any benefits from provocraft. Also I am a victim of sometimes things going wrong with some of their products, however if am also a victim of their wonderful customer service.....

I wanted to give kudos and praise to cricut and everyone who is manning the Facebook board currently. I know many people are frustrated and these people may have have justification for these frustrations, however have you seen the show on Facebook now? I get it! I really do, people are frustrated! However I still do not understand what is going on. Circuit listened to us and is allowing us to cut SVG for free now...this is huge! However people still are not happy. They are leaving horrible comments on the circuit Facebook page. I am shocked cricut does not just take these comments down, however they respond to them and try to diffuse the situation. I understand people are upset because they have older machine that are not able to cut SVG, however that is technology. In all technology, upgrades are required. Apple is a prime example. If you wan the "new" features of the next generation iPhone you either upgrade to that phone or you do not get those features. Apple does not generally give you those features on old generations. The same goes for cricut.

I am not defending cricut or their choices ,however I am just shocked how disrespectful people are on Facebook after cricut makes an announcement telling everyone that they will no longer charge everyone. People are just down right rude. Not only to circuit but other people leaving the comments. It simply amazes me!

For anyone working at cricut manning these Facebook boards and comments, stay strong and use the force!

Once again.....Ken does NOT work for cricut say please when you leave comments here wither yelling at me or making fun of me please do not say..."I wonder if ken works an cricut" I only say this because anytime someone said something nice on the cricuts facebook page people would always say. " they must work for cricut!"

Anyways moral of the story is

" great job Cricut on taking a licking and keep on ticking" LOL......did this make anyone laugh? That was the goal!
 29 users thanked Ken's Kreations for this useful post.
ellamap on 1/23/2014(UTC), go-go on 1/23/2014(UTC), LovelyLady on 1/23/2014(UTC), Scrappy_Vee on 1/23/2014(UTC), Jooniper on 1/23/2014(UTC), melodylanedesigns on 1/23/2014(UTC), CricketCMV on 1/23/2014(UTC), Shelly on 1/23/2014(UTC), ChelaDones on 1/24/2014(UTC), Narelle on 1/24/2014(UTC), Nolu on 1/24/2014(UTC), Spookysnip on 1/24/2014(UTC), ssharp11d5c1f11b on 1/24/2014(UTC), catsey on 1/24/2014(UTC), CocoasMom on 1/24/2014(UTC), Eleanor on 1/24/2014(UTC), DianeD on 1/24/2014(UTC), MariaReyes1 on 1/24/2014(UTC), nightmare/fan on 1/24/2014(UTC), sportykidsbug on 1/24/2014(UTC), Merrie Jones on 1/24/2014(UTC), Pinkbug on 1/24/2014(UTC), cecieliais9fd2ef61 on 1/24/2014(UTC), rhondah* on 1/25/2014(UTC), JoyceG on 1/25/2014(UTC), Tickled Pink on 1/25/2014(UTC), Sunflowerbuggy on 1/25/2014(UTC), RobinPineo1 on 1/27/2014(UTC), ScrapChic61 on 1/28/2014(UTC)
ellamap Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 8:26:43 PM(UTC)
ellamap

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 360 time(s) in 195 post(s)
This is a nice post, Ken. I've not always been happy with PC either. The Gypsy not working as it was supposed ticked me off. But they fixed it and I was satisfied. Even if I wasn't I'm not going to blame it on this management.
You can't please everyone, but thanks PC for trying!! I'm happy!
 4 users thanked ellamap for this useful post.
melodylanedesigns on 1/23/2014(UTC), Narelle on 1/24/2014(UTC), ssharp11d5c1f11b on 1/24/2014(UTC), Eleanor on 1/24/2014(UTC)
Jooniper Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 9:04:02 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

Was thanked: 802 time(s) in 578 post(s)
I hit menopause last October, and I'm much more mellow during a hot flash when Hubby has the heat blasting then some of those comments on Cricuts Facebook page HA! Wink
MissAnn Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 9:30:58 PM(UTC)
MissAnn

United States

Was thanked: 395 time(s) in 302 post(s)
Great post Ken. I really wish this board would get back like it use to be. Regardless, I still love coming on and being a part of it. Each Cricut I have, my husband has bought for me. I know he would get me this new one too, but I haven't decided yet.

I will wait and see how everyone's is working and how easy it is to work. I'm excited about this new Cricut.
 2 users thanked MissAnn for this useful post.
Eleanor on 1/24/2014(UTC), Annabella on 1/24/2014(UTC)
GypsyBoricua Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 9:51:16 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 690 time(s) in 359 post(s)
Well I had to have my daughter go there using her FB account because I don't do FB. All I can say is WOW!!! They are really vicious there. I do understand the frustrations that the customers feel, but the nastiness is certainly not necessary. I recognized some of the names of those customers trying to defend PC and they really should not say things that are will fuel the fire more. Let PC moderators handle it.

Please don't flame me for this, but since PC knew, well in advance that they were moving to SVG they should have offered it on the current machines and CCR before unveiling a new not ready for primetime machine and software. Or included the existing machines in the new software. Believe me, that would have stopped a lot of what is going on and probably would improve the sales of the new machine. This is really poor marketing on their part, especially because of the recent Christmas purchases of the E2. Those people bought a machine that was completely obsolete with no advance warning.

In other words, the should have thrown us a bone, but they didn't. The roll out of the Explore just feels like the same old PC tactics. And A LOT of people feel that way too, not just me.
 2 users thanked GypsyBoricua for this useful post.
MaryScraps on 1/24/2014(UTC), RobinPineo1 on 1/27/2014(UTC)
melodylanedesigns Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 9:54:20 PM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1773 time(s) in 880 post(s)
Great job Ken!

I also felt sorry for the people that man the facebook page. People kept asking the same question over and over so I finally told people to read the comments before asking the same question and answered the most asked questions right there.

Not only Apple but video game systems, when a new one comes out you cant use the old games you have to buy new ones. and the most recent xbox and play station I think you need internet and the games are linked so you can not sell the used games anymore.

Technology is going be using the internet. I understand going to crops you might not have it, then the new machine is not one to take to crops.

I also just found this blog from someone at the ALT summit. She tells all about the Explore. More than I have seen from anyone.
 12 users thanked melodylanedesigns for this useful post.
Jooniper on 1/23/2014(UTC), CricketCMV on 1/23/2014(UTC), Shelly on 1/23/2014(UTC), ChelaDones on 1/24/2014(UTC), blackbearblackbear on 1/24/2014(UTC), Spookysnip on 1/24/2014(UTC), ssharp11d5c1f11b on 1/24/2014(UTC), Eleanor on 1/24/2014(UTC), GotTheBug on 1/24/2014(UTC), cecieliais9fd2ef61 on 1/24/2014(UTC), ellamap on 1/24/2014(UTC), RobinPineo1 on 1/27/2014(UTC)
ellamap Offline
#7 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 10:00:20 PM(UTC)
ellamap

Was thanked: 360 time(s) in 195 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GypsyBoricua Go to Quoted Post
Well I had to have my daughter go there using her FB account because I don't do FB. All I can say is WOW!!! They are really vicious there. I do understand the frustrations that the customers feel, but the nastiness is certainly not necessary. I recognized some of the names of those customers trying to defend PC and they really should not say things that are will fuel the fire more. Let PC moderators handle it.

Please don't flame me for this, but since PC knew, well in advance that they were moving to SVG they should have offered it on the current machines and CCR before unveiling a new not ready for primetime machine and software. Or included the existing machines in the new software. Believe me, that would have stopped a lot of what is going on and probably would improve the sales of the new machine. This is really poor marketing on their part, especially because of the recent Christmas purchases of the E2. Those people bought a machine that was completely obsolete with no advance warning.

In other words, the should have thrown us a bone, but they didn't. The roll out of the Explore just feels like the same old PC tactics. And A LOT of people feel that way too, not just me.
I have an AE2 and it isn't obsolete. It performs the way it was advertised. It even works well with my Gypsy. I have an E also. I don't understand how some people think they should have their older machines updated. It would be like getting a 2013 car upgraded to a 2014. What company does that?

10 users thanked ellamap for this useful post.
melodylanedesigns on 1/23/2014(UTC), Jooniper on 1/23/2014(UTC), Shelly on 1/23/2014(UTC), ChelaDones on 1/24/2014(UTC), blackbearblackbear on 1/24/2014(UTC), Narelle on 1/24/2014(UTC), Spookysnip on 1/24/2014(UTC), ssharp11d5c1f11b on 1/24/2014(UTC), Eleanor on 1/24/2014(UTC), cecieliais9fd2ef61 on 1/24/2014(UTC)
Jooniper Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 10:06:04 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

Melody is correct about the video game consoles. Microsoft for XBOX One got back lash for making their system not be able to use used games. Then Microsoft came back and fixed it, just like PC did with the SVGs free to cut. And XBOX One is not backwards compatible, meaning the technology is too advanced for the XBOX 360 games.
 2 users thanked Jooniper for this useful post.
blackbearblackbear on 1/24/2014(UTC), ellamap on 1/24/2014(UTC)
GypsyBoricua Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 10:06:51 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Originally Posted by: ellamap Go to Quoted Post
I have an AE2 and it isn't obsolete. It performs the way it was advertised. It even works well with my Gypsy. I have an E also. I don't understand how some people think they should have their older machines updated. It would be like getting a 2013 car upgraded to a 2014. What company does that?

Sorry to inform you honey but your machine is obsolete. How long do you really think PC is going to fully support it now that they have the Explore. When their servers go down, do you really think they are going to work on CCR servers over Design Space.

Look at the history under the new management team, once CCR came out, Design Studio was on the back burner, months to get updates to it. You really think that they are going to consider CCR, the Gypsy (which has already been discontinued) the E2s and everything else on par with the new stuff. If you do, I have a bridge I can sell you!!
GypsyBoricua Offline
#10 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 10:13:27 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

You know, it is really interesting, no matter how much a person says they love the Cricuts but points out their frustrations at the things that have happen and that they no longer trust PC, there are people on this board who pull out the knives.

I LOVE MY 6 CRICUT MACHINES!!!!!!!! HOWEVER PC BURNT ME WITH THE IMAGINE AND BECAUSE OF THAT I DO NOT TRUST THEIR "COMING SOON" STATEMENTS. SO I WILL NO LONGER BUY PC MACHINES UNTIL THEY DO WHAT PC PROMISES THEY WILL DO AND ALL THE BUGS ARE WORKED OUT.

And in the most famous words of the wonderful movie Fatal Attraction:

I WILL NOT BE INGNORED!!!!!!!
Jooniper Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 10:14:05 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

Just for the record Wink ... I don't expect PC to upgrade my E nor CCR. Because the Explore is a totally different beast. I can see if they made it a stand alone and actually used the carts, instead of having to link your carts to your Cricut.com account, which it would have the same technology as the older models and then the new software would have been compatible with all machines, but they didn't. They sacrificed that for better technology that will allow the machine to cut more intericately and more precise. There are some area in life where you can't have it all. Wink
 3 users thanked Jooniper for this useful post.
melodylanedesigns on 1/23/2014(UTC), Eleanor on 1/24/2014(UTC), ellamap on 1/24/2014(UTC)
Jooniper Offline
#12 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 10:17:46 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

CCR is a MUCH easier and better program than DS was. They had slowed updating DS way before CCR appeared. I know because I was an avid DS user, and once CCR came out I switched to it, because updates for DS were slow and begged for.
 2 users thanked Jooniper for this useful post.
melodylanedesigns on 1/23/2014(UTC), cecieliais9fd2ef61 on 1/24/2014(UTC)
#13 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 10:22:40 PM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Sorry to inform you honey but your machine is obsolete. How long do you really think PC is going to fully support it now that they have the Explore. When their servers go down, do you really think they are going to work on CCR servers over Design Space.

Look at the history under the new management team, once CCR came out, Design Studio was on the back burner, months to get updates to it. You really think that they are going to consider CCR, the Gypsy (which has already been discontinued) the E2s and everything else on par with the new stuff. If you do, I have a bridge I can sell you!!

Obsolete means no longer produced or used; out of date. They are still produced and used by thousands, this message board is actually a very small percentage of people who use cricut. I plan on keeping my AE2 and the Explore. When the came out with the Imagine the did not stop making any of the machines. People get upset at a company because they came out with something new, most of like when a company comes out with the next new thing, they are moving forward. With out moving forward they might as well close. Provo craft is doing a lot of great things. I guess I am just a positive thinking person, positive things happen when I think positive. I will try to send you some positive thoughts.
 8 users thanked melodylanedesigns for this useful post.
Jooniper on 1/23/2014(UTC), Nolu on 1/24/2014(UTC), Spookysnip on 1/24/2014(UTC), ssharp11d5c1f11b on 1/24/2014(UTC), Eleanor on 1/24/2014(UTC), cecieliais9fd2ef61 on 1/24/2014(UTC), ellamap on 1/24/2014(UTC), RobinPineo1 on 1/27/2014(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#14 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 10:27:38 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7555 time(s) in 4426 post(s)
Originally Posted by: melodylanedesigns Go to Quoted Post
Great job Ken!

I also felt sorry for the people that man the facebook page. People kept asking the same question over and over so I finally told people to read the comments before asking the same question and answered the most asked questions right there.

Not only Apple but video game systems, when a new one comes out you cant use the old games you have to buy new ones. and the most recent xbox and play station I think you need internet and the games are linked so you can not sell the used games anymore.

Technology is going be using the internet. I understand going to crops you might not have it, then the new machine is not one to take to crops.

I also just found this blog from someone at the ALT summit. She tells all about the Explore. More than I have seen from anyone.

That is a LOT more information than I've seen anywhere else, Melody! TFS!

There are still concerns. BUT, I'm loving what I'm hearing more and more.

Char
 2 users thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
Nolu on 1/24/2014(UTC), ssharp11d5c1f11b on 1/24/2014(UTC)
Ken's Kreations Offline
#15 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 10:49:36 PM(UTC)
Ken's Kreations

United States

Was thanked: 1940 time(s) in 494 post(s)
Great job Ken!

Thanks for this link...this is some great info! And i would have to agree about the games!!! Like i said earlier my post was more about people being rude to each other and PC and not using common courtesy and manners......
 4 users thanked Ken's Kreations for this useful post.
Jooniper on 1/23/2014(UTC), ChelaDones on 1/24/2014(UTC), ssharp11d5c1f11b on 1/24/2014(UTC), Narelle on 1/24/2014(UTC)
GypsyBoricua Offline
#16 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 10:55:10 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Obsolete means no longer produced or used; out of date. They are still produced and used by thousands, this message board is actually a very small percentage of people who use cricut. I plan on keeping my AE2 and the Explore. When the came out with the Imagine the did not stop making any of the machines. People get upset at a company because they came out with something new, most of like when a company comes out with the next new thing, they are moving forward. With out moving forward they might as well close. Provo craft is doing a lot of great things. I guess I am just a positive thinking person, positive things happen when I think positive. I will try to send you some positive thoughts.

Please don't try because if you have to try it is not coming from the heart, hence very toxic and worthless. And continue to believe what you believe, but I really love living in the real world where I know that all my PC machines are OBSOLETE and CCR is OBSOLETE and I know that PC is no longer going to pay a lot of attention to them and that PC screwed up this roll out. I have said it before and I will say it again, crafting is very, very personal and people don't forget when they get burnt because it is very, very personal to them.

I left this board before for almost a year, I am leaving again because the same people are still on this board bullying others because they don't see it the same way.

You all have a good life!!!!
 2 users thanked GypsyBoricua for this useful post.
MaryScraps on 1/24/2014(UTC), mom2sidsquid on 1/24/2014(UTC)
#17 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 11:13:03 PM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Please don't try because if you have to try it is not coming from the heart, hence very toxic and worthless. And continue to believe what you believe, but I really love living in the real world where I know that all my PC machines are OBSOLETE and CCR is OBSOLETE and I know that PC is no longer going to pay a lot of attention to them and that PC screwed up this roll out. I have said it before and I will say it again, crafting is very, very personal and people don't forget when they get burnt because it is very, very personal to them.

I left this board before for almost a year, I am leaving again because the same people are still on this board bullying others because they don't see it the same way.

You all have a good life!!!!

I'm so sorry you think I am bulling you. Bullying is the last thing I would ever want to do towards anyone. I was just pointing out that what you said about the E2 was incorrect, because they are still being produced and used, I love my E2 so it is in no way obsolete. And saying any company's product is obsolete because they came out with a new one is more bullying than I have ever done in my life. Some people might believe what you are saying so I was just trying to correct it. And when I said I would try to send you some positive thoughts, I sat here and prayed for you, I guess it did not work.

4 users thanked melodylanedesigns for this useful post.
Spookysnip on 1/24/2014(UTC), cecieliais9fd2ef61 on 1/24/2014(UTC), ellamap on 1/24/2014(UTC), RobinPineo1 on 1/27/2014(UTC)
GypsyBoricua Offline
#18 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 11:19:01 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

I'm so sorry you think I am bulling you. Bullying is the last thing I would ever want to do towards anyone. I was just pointing out that what you said about the E2 was incorrect, because they are still being produced and used, I love my E2 so it is in no way obsolete. And saying any company's product is obsolete because they came out with a new one is more bullying than I have ever done in my life. Some people might believe what you are saying so I was just trying to correct it. And when I said I would try to send you some positive thoughts, I sat here and prayed for you, I guess it did not work.

Silly girl, weren't you ever taught that you actually have to mean it in order for the prayer to be heard. Guess not.
*Meg* Offline
#19 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 11:55:06 PM(UTC)
*Meg*

Was thanked: 134 time(s) in 60 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Jooniper Go to Quoted Post
Just for the record Wink ... I don't expect PC to upgrade my E nor CCR. Because the Explore is a totally different beast. I can see if they made it a stand alone and actually used the carts, instead of having to link your carts to your Cricut.com account, which it would have the same technology as the older models and then the new software would have been compatible with all machines, but they didn't. They sacrificed that for better technology that will allow the machine to cut more intericately and more precise. There are some area in life where you can't have it all. Wink

There's nothing about being online that makes a machine a better cutter. I have two ***s and an ****** that are excellent cutters and cut from computer-based (not online-dependent) design software. The ****** even has a handheld device. I've only had my **** for a week, but it's also a great cutter that doesn't require being online to work.

Computer-based software can be updated -- millions of these programs on millions of computers are updated every day -- so the whole "we must be in the cloud to keep you on the leading edge of technology" is disingenuous at best.

PC could have made an excellent cutter that used carts in a stand-alone situation, used a portable design device like a Gypsy, and used a computer-based design program. That's right; all three possibilities with one cutter. PC has already proven they can make a good portable design device (and they could take that knowledge and experience and make an even better one!), and the technology for both great cutters and great computer-based design software is out there.

Instead, what we're being offered is a cutter that cannot use carts unless it's online, has no portable design device (even when the app is eventually up & running, a PC rep says it'll be for pre-designed projects), and is tethered to the internet.

For folks who don't mind being online to create & cut (and don't mind that what they buy and/or create is stored in the cloud and not on their own computers), none of this is a big deal. For many of us who were hoping for something like a new & improved Gypsy, though, the Explore is a let-down. Not only is it not a portable design device, it's just plain not portable. And it really seems to be the harbinger of the very bad news that PC is leaning toward forcing us all online, even if all we want to do is cut an image straight from a cart.

Edited by user Friday, January 24, 2014 5:29:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: removed machine names so my whole post won't get pulled

4 users thanked *Meg* for this useful post.
MaryScraps on 1/24/2014(UTC), Merrie Jones on 1/24/2014(UTC), MommaG on 1/24/2014(UTC), sassyk on 1/26/2014(UTC)
Moxy77 Online
#20 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 11:59:55 PM(UTC)
Moxy77

United States

Was thanked: 380 time(s) in 279 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ken's Kreations Go to Quoted Post
Okay....before you read this let me give you a disclaimer....

I do not work for provocraft, own stock in provocraft, have relatives at provocraft, or get any benefits from provocraft. Also I am a victim of sometimes things going wrong with some of their products, however if am also a victim of their wonderful customer service.....

I wanted to give kudos and praise to cricut and everyone who is manning the Facebook board currently. I know many people are frustrated and these people may have have justification for these frustrations, however have you seen the show on Facebook now? I get it! I really do, people are frustrated! However I still do not understand what is going on. Circuit listened to us and is allowing us to cut SVG for free now...this is huge! However people still are not happy. They are leaving horrible comments on the circuit Facebook page. I am shocked cricut does not just take these comments down, however they respond to them and try to diffuse the situation. I understand people are upset because they have older machine that are not able to cut SVG, however that is technology. In all technology, upgrades are required. Apple is a prime example. If you wan the "new" features of the next generation iPhone you either upgrade to that phone or you do not get those features. Apple does not generally give you those features on old generations. The same goes for cricut.

I am not defending cricut or their choices ,however I am just shocked how disrespectful people are on Facebook after cricut makes an announcement telling everyone that they will no longer charge everyone. People are just down right rude. Not only to circuit but other people leaving the comments. It simply amazes me!

For anyone working at cricut manning these Facebook boards and comments, stay strong and use the force!

Once again.....Ken does NOT work for cricut say please when you leave comments here wither yelling at me or making fun of me please do not say..."I wonder if ken works an cricut" I only say this because anytime someone said something nice on the cricuts facebook page people would always say. " they must work for cricut!"

Anyways moral of the story is

" great job Cricut on taking a licking and keep on ticking" LOL......did this make anyone laugh? That was the goal!

That is the crux of the whole problem. These people know that this is not true. There are two examples out there right now that do cut SVG's on their older cricuts if you got it before Cricut had them to strip the capability out . I am not saying weather it was right or wrong but it does exist and it shows that it is quite possible and it doesn't even have to be cloud based. So for those manning the page and giving that predesigned answer about how technology has gone beyond there older machines is bit disingenuous. I will grant you it is a bit rough over there. I am even somewhat supprised at the number of complaining people. Melissa
 2 users thanked Moxy77 for this useful post.
MaryScraps on 1/24/2014(UTC), *Meg* on 1/24/2014(UTC)
*Meg* Offline
#21 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 12:27:42 AM(UTC)
*Meg*

Quote:
...In all technology, upgrades are required. Apple is a prime example. If you wan the "new" features of the next generation iPhone you either upgrade to that phone or you do not get those features. Apple does not generally give you those features on old generations. The same goes for cricut.

When Apple updates the iPod, a device it has touted as portable since its introduction, it does not make it so you have to be tethered to your computer to listen to the songs in your iTunes library.

All the versions of iPod/portable Apple listening devices (Nano, iPod Touch, Shuffle, etc.) continue to use all the songs in your iTunes library in and for the manner in which you bought them. They continue to be capable of being used on your portable listening device, regardless of which model you buy or what update you install on your device.

New features on a device? Sure, I'll give up my old device if it can't be updated to get them and happily buy a new gadget.

But you can bet I expect to be able to continue to use my CONTENT in the way it was meant to be used when I bought it -- be it songs in my iTunes library that were advertised and sold for use on a portable device, or images on cartridges that were advertised and sold for use on a portable device -- on whatever new device I buy.

Edited by user Friday, January 24, 2014 12:51:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked *Meg* for this useful post.
MaryScraps on 1/24/2014(UTC), MommaG on 1/24/2014(UTC)
Moxy77 Online
#22 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 12:34:21 AM(UTC)
Moxy77

United States

Was thanked: 380 time(s) in 279 post(s)
[quote=*Meg*;1803599]There's nothing about being online that makes a machine a better cutter. I have two KNKs and an eClips that are excellent cutters and cut from computer-based (not online-dependent) design software. The eClips even has a handheld device. I've only had my ScanNCut for a week, but it's also a great cutter that doesn't require being online to work.

Computer-based software can be updated -- millions of these programs on millions of computers are updated every day -- so the whole "we must be in the cloud to keep you on the leading edge of technology" is disingenuous at best.

PC could have made an excellent cutter that used carts in a stand-alone situation, used a portable design device like a Gypsy, and used a computer-based design program. That's right; all three possibilities with one cutter. PC has already proven they can make a good portable design device (and they could take that knowledge and experience and make an even better one!), and the technology for both great cutters and great computer-based design software is out there.

Instead, what we're being offered is a cutter that cannot use carts unless it's online, has no portable design device (even when the app is eventually up & running, a PC rep says it'll be for pre-designed projects), and is tethered to the internet.

For folks who don't mind being online to create & cut (and don't mind that what they buy and/or create is stored in the cloud and not on their own computers), none of this is a big deal. For many of us who were hoping for something like a new & improved Gypsy, the Explore is a let-down. Not only is it not a portable design device, it's just plain not portable. And it really seems to be the harbinger of the very bad news that PC is leaning toward forcing us all online, even if all we want to do is cut an image straight from a cart.[/quote

O Meg, I didn't read your post before I wrote mine but I was saying the same exact thing but you explained it so much more intelligently. Thanks for saying what I was trying to say and doing is so proficiently. Melissa
 2 users thanked Moxy77 for this useful post.
MaryScraps on 1/24/2014(UTC), *Meg* on 1/24/2014(UTC)
*Meg* Offline
#23 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 12:50:12 AM(UTC)
*Meg*

No problem, Melissa. Great minds think alike, right? :)
MaryScraps Offline
#24 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 5:06:43 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

Was thanked: 6699 time(s) in 2726 post(s)

You said it nicer then I could have. I agree that they should have offered and still should offer the ability to cut other files on the other Cricut machines.
To say technology is advancing and that is what the Cricut Explore will be able to do is untrue.
They could easily offer it to other Cricut machine users with a software update.
It is just another way to get our hard earned money.
That is as nice as I can put it.LOL
If I said what I was really thinking heads would roll. LOL
 1 user thanked MaryScraps for this useful post.
Moxy77 on 1/24/2014(UTC)
MaryScraps Offline
#25 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 5:11:23 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

Decent companies do that.
Windows 8 was horribly flawed. For windows 8 users they had a free upgrade to 8.1 to fix the mistakes. The customer didn't have to buy a new computer to get the lastest windows upgrade.
Companies did it for free. Not only Microsoft but Gateway.
You didn't have to buy a new computer with windows 8.1 on it.

ETA: Here is another example:
I have Ninetendo DSI and upgraded to Ninetendo DS3D
The games are interchangeable.
I have no need to rebuy all my favorite games to work on the Nintendo DS3D.

Edited by user Friday, January 24, 2014 9:55:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users thanked MaryScraps for this useful post.
LizzyCz on 1/24/2014(UTC), Moxy77 on 1/24/2014(UTC), MommaG on 1/24/2014(UTC)
MaryScraps Offline
#26 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 6:58:27 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

I posted this on another thread and wanted to share it here as well.

What I want as a customer is the ability to use cartridges and software offline.
The extra file extensions added as a option to use with our other Cricut machines.

I'm glad PC is offering new options for ppl who don't want the above features.
But, don't abandon those of us that do want a cartridge based system.
With the ability to design offline and use extra file extensions too.

I think this exactly why there are negative comments on FB and here.
People are afraid that some of us are going to be left behind in the name of progress.
If you want to believe PC doesn't have the ability to offer and update CCR to allow for use of extra file extension. That is your choice I guess. But, I know it can be done.
The question is. Is PC willing to do it for existing customers?

It very clear that the Cricut Explore was made to get the attention of a different crafting group.
 2 users thanked MaryScraps for this useful post.
Merrie Jones on 1/24/2014(UTC), Moxy77 on 1/24/2014(UTC)
Jooniper Offline
#27 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 7:27:41 AM(UTC)
Jooniper

Just like the Imagine was aimed at a different type of crafting group. Same with the Gypsy for a crafter on the go. All of their machines are aimed for different crafting types. Why should the Explore be any different?
 3 users thanked Jooniper for this useful post.
Eleanor on 1/24/2014(UTC), Scrappy_Vee on 1/24/2014(UTC), ellamap on 1/24/2014(UTC)
Narelle Online
#28 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 7:51:06 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia

Was thanked: 7560 time(s) in 3527 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ken's Kreations Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for this link...this is some great info! And i would have to agree about the games!!! Like i said earlier my post was more about people being rude to each other and PC and not using common courtesy and manners......

Well, exactly...
 1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
ellamap on 1/24/2014(UTC)
MaryScraps Offline
#29 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 8:32:23 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

Originally Posted by: Jooniper Go to Quoted Post
Just like the Imagine was aimed at a different type of crafting group. Same with the Gypsy for a crafter on the go. All of their machines are aimed for different crafting types. Why should the Explore be any different?

I agree. I personally don't have a problem with this myself.
Disappointed that all the machines don't work with CDSpace.
But some long time users have been waiting for this for years.
And it upsets some ppl that instead of building on the machines they already had.
They decided to put all the features some ppl have been waiting for in a new machine.
Instead of the existing machines.
And history has showed that every time a new machine comes out.
Some machines get discontinued. And ppl who like cartridge based cutters are uneasy about this.
Rightfully so. But, I think that we can voice our opinions without being rude.
 2 users thanked MaryScraps for this useful post.
DeeDee87 on 1/24/2014(UTC), Scrappy_Vee on 1/24/2014(UTC)
DeeDee87 Offline
#30 Posted : Friday, January 24, 2014 8:47:35 AM(UTC)
DeeDee87

Was thanked: 472 time(s) in 188 post(s)
Melody-Thank you for that link. Lots of info & those cuts look very good. I haven't really had any problems with my current Cricut machines cutting but I will say they don't look as good as the cuts made on the Explore!

Jooniper-I think you make a good point how products are geared towards different crafters/users. I am excited about the no fees for svgs and the pre-set settings! No fuss with depth, pressure, etc. makes me happy.

I can't believe how rude and nasty people are on FB. I don't ever go to FB so I never realized how bad it is/was. I will admit I'm on the fence about the new machine and I have no problem expressing that, but wow! I'd like to think I've been pretty civil about it. I just wish there was a clear list of what this will do so there aren't all these places I have to go to research things, but I guess that's what HSN will be for...I just think they tend to over embellish capabilities on things LOL.

I think it's great people are excited. I Love my Cricuts, carts, Cuttlebug, and everything I have from PC. I also think it's okay if you're not excited or have questions/concerns about buying. Machines are geared towards different crafters/users because as customers we are different and are going to have different opinions. I think we all just need to be ok with that.
 2 users thanked DeeDee87 for this useful post.
GotTheBug on 1/24/2014(UTC), Scrappy_Vee on 1/24/2014(UTC)