Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

becky1l12b0538a Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 9:56:00 PM(UTC)
becky1l12b0538a

Groups: Registered

When is the update going to be available. I have called numerous times. I love it when your staff blames it on apple by saying that its their fault because they won't allow y'all to release the update. This is very upsetting that this is the best Cricut can do? I read today that Cricut is releasing a new machine called Explore and guess what the pictures is of? Its a Cricut connected to a Mac. Are you kidding me?

I am really surprised that there is not a class action law suit going yet? The Mac users can't even use our Cricut machine unless we do some sort of boot crap install, and yet you are releasing another machine and showing pictures of it operating off a Mac. This is a joke. I do believe I will call a lawyer tomorrow and find out exactly what my options as a consumer. I have spent thousands of dollars with your company. Your hold times are more than disturbing. Your "expert staff" has no answers as to when the update will be released and lay the blame on apple. While knowing you have customers out there that can not use their cricut you have the nerve to release another machine that is able to work with a Mac while we all sit here and watch our stuff turn collect dust? Rest assured I will think long and hard before making another purchase from your company.

I will tell you this in hopes that you might care but I know thats not the case after you have let this problem go on as long as you have. This year was the first year I have bought store made cards in a long time. I received many calls from my family and friends saying where are your cool cards you send out every year. They always look forward to them. Thanks for breaking a tradition Cricut! Maybe instead of spending all those hours on the Explore to attempt to keep up with the other companies you should have worked on developing an up date for the Mac users.

I am now very disappointed in your product and a more so your loyalty to your existing customers. This has gone on long enough! I doubt I will be buying an Explore even though I have been waiting for this product. I would hate to spend another penny with your company and as soon as an update comes out that doesn't jive with mac or windows you leave us high and dry. How very disappointing!

Becky
AuntieKLE Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, January 23, 2014 10:08:46 PM(UTC)
AuntieKLE

Was thanked: 145 time(s) in 110 post(s)
Did you update your Mac to Maverick or has it never worked with CCR?

I found this under support:

Why won’t the Cricut Craft Room® design software work on with my Mac® computer that runs the 10.8 Operating System?

The default security setting in Mac® OS 10.8 prevents programs from running unless they are published by an Apple® Certified Developer. In order to run Cricut Craft Room, you must change the security settings in the operating system or right click and choose open to override the security settings.

Maybe someone will know the answer. I know I've seen where someone said there was fix for it.

HTH
AmyGlock Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, February 12, 2014 8:55:36 AM(UTC)
AmyGlock

Check out this link to see how to allow the mac to run the install with an unauthorized developer. That error truly is because of a security setting on the MacX. Rather than changing the setting for all apps you can do it on a one time basis and get the install to work for craft room.

http://www.imore.com/how...loper-os-x-mountain-lion

I hope that helps you.