Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Kiethann Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, January 03, 2014 10:23:56 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 453 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Received an e-mail from Archivers. The company is going out of business. All Archivers stores are closing. Just thought I would post this for anyone who shops at Archivers.
Coloradoscrapper Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 05, 2014 3:05:44 PM(UTC)
Coloradoscrapper

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
I live very far from the stores on Denver. But, when I did get to the store, I found the prices were very high. I can get cheaper paper products at JoAnnes, Michaels, etc.

If they lowered their prices, maybe I would shop there,
CowgirlUp Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 05, 2014 3:42:00 PM(UTC)
CowgirlUp

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 868 time(s) in 706 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Coloradoscrapper Go to Quoted Post
I live very far from the stores on Denver. But, when I did get to the store, I found the prices were very high. I can get cheaper paper products at JoAnnes, Michaels, etc.

If they lowered their prices, maybe I would shop there,

I have to say I agree. Yes they had some stuff that you can't find at Joann's or Michaels but even then I could find them much cheaper online. They limited it to one coupon per person for the duration of the coupon which sucks when your used to one per day from Michaels or Joann's. and their coupon was only 30% off. (near the end they went to a 40% off) Which in some cases brought the price down to the reg. price at Joann's or michaels. and sadly the staff at the store near me was always very rude and the company heads never cared. Even the manager was very rude. I stopped their just before Christmas because they had some stuff on sale, they had the posters up for the stuff in the window but when i asked the employees not one of the 5 gals working had a clue which ones they were or where to even find them. So of course that meant I left empty handed and went to the other end of the strip mall and spent my money at Michaels.

Its sad they are going out of business but at the same time I'm not surprised. Customer service is a big part of keeping any company afloat these days and they lacked it on every level.
KathyKohner Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 9:46:55 AM(UTC)
KathyKohner

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CowgirlUp Go to Quoted Post
I have to say I agree. Yes they had some stuff that you can't find at Joann's or Michaels but even then I could find them much cheaper online. They limited it to one coupon per person for the duration of the coupon which sucks when your used to one per day from Michaels or Joann's. and their coupon was only 30% off. (near the end they went to a 40% off) Which in some cases brought the price down to the reg. price at Joann's or michaels. and sadly the staff at the store near me was always very rude and the company heads never cared. Even the manager was very rude. I stopped their just before Christmas because they had some stuff on sale, they had the posters up for the stuff in the window but when i asked the employees not one of the 5 gals working had a clue which ones they were or where to even find them. So of course that meant I left empty handed and went to the other end of the strip mall and spent my money at Michaels.

Its sad they are going out of business but at the same time I'm not surprised. Customer service is a big part of keeping any company afloat these days and they lacked it on every level.

Sorry you felt that way. I work at Archiver's and customer service was our forte. Our customers always tell us what fantastic customer service we have. It is stressed from the corporate offices all the way down the chain of command. If you wanted the new stuff, you'll never find it at Michaels or Joanns. Our paper selection is wonderful. I can go to Michaels or Joanns and find the same paper from years ago. As far as prices, they were competitive. We never were able to compete with Michaels or Joanns with coupons but we had stuff that Michaels or Joann's never carries. Archiver's is really a pretty small organization. There are 30 people in the corporate office that is in our community. Sadly, there are 2 full time employees per store (for the most part) that are now unemployed and there are 33 stores left around the country. I felt for quite some time that they would close all their locations and just keep the stores in the Twin Cities open so it really came as a shock to all of us that they decided to shutter all stores. It is very sad and I feel particularly bad for those full timers. I will miss all our wonderful customers, I will miss all my co-workers and I will miss sharing all the creativity of all the very talented people. Scrapfest was always so much fun and I will really miss that as well. RIP Archiver's Kate
scrapalette Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 9:58:04 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18404 time(s) in 8178 post(s)
I love(d) Archiver's! I am fortunate enough to live smack dab between the two in metro Atlanta. Both are about 45 minutes from me, so I only went monthly or so, but I loved shopping there. My stores had a great selection and even though a lot of it could be purchased online, I'm more a "gotta see it and touch it" before I buy it type person. Plus, when you factor in shipping costs {especially for 12 x 12 paper}, Archiver's prices often beat online retailers. I didn't buy the "common" stuff there, like adhesives and CB folders because it was cheaper to get those at Ms or Js or HL with coupons. The people at both stores here were very friendly and helpful. I'll never forget when I needed lots of Bazzil paper for my niece's wedding and she had waited so long to make a decision on colors that I couldn't order it in time. The Archiver's cashier and manager let me use my cell phone number {I was already in their system with my home number}, each of my kid's cell phone numbers and my sister and niece's cell phone numbers in their system to take advantage of the buy 5 get 5 paper promo that was going on at the time.

I will miss them as wish all the unemployed success in finding new jobs!
GrammySue Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2014 10:10:50 AM(UTC)
GrammySue

Was thanked: 128 time(s) in 100 post(s)
I will miss them. They had things that I could not find anywhere else.

Edited by user Sunday, January 12, 2014 10:11:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

cherylwaldenada0b686 Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 11:00:18 PM(UTC)
cherylwaldenada0b686

oh my god really. my mother used to buy stuff from this store!!!
Kiethann Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 10:51:48 AM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Was thanked: 453 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Yes they really are closing all stores. I shopped there about once a month, would have gone more often, but it is an hour drive from my house to the only store even remotely close to me. Loved being able to test new products when they had their free make and takes. Most times I tried a product, I had to buy one either that day or later.

I wish every Archiver Employee soon finds another job. Thanks Kathy, for offering the human side of the news about Archiver's closing. I found all of the employees at the store I shopped at very friendly and helpful. One time I was making ATC's (at that time I did not know they were called that andI called them greeting cards which you hand out when you make calls at a home) for one of my fellow nurses for her wedding. There was a particular saying she wanted on the card and Archiver's happened to have a set of stamps which contained the saying. The employee, once I explained what I was looking for, was very helpful and told me how much the set of stamps was. Talk about shell-shock! Anyway, when I was checking it, the employee asked me if I had a coupon which would reduce the cost. When I told her did but it was at home (I live about one hour away and it was too far to drive all the way home and get it and come back to the store), she thought she might just happen to have one laying around and if so I could use it. For that, I will always be thankful.