Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

MOgoggingirl Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, January 06, 2014 2:48:21 PM(UTC)
MOgoggingirl

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 359 time(s) in 319 post(s)
It has been years since we have received so much snow. And to top it off we have ice under it, so as the plows move the snow off the roads, they are revealing the ice layer underneath.

I also don't remember the last time it was so cold here. We hare having below zero temps in windchill and just at 0 for the temp. Our low tonight is going to be -6.

Wow! what a way to start the new year!
BigGrin
CowgirlUp Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, January 06, 2014 2:57:58 PM(UTC)
CowgirlUp

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 868 time(s) in 706 post(s)
we aren't snowed in but its brutally cold here. actual air temp was -30 yes that's 30 below zero, windchills were -60 below. can we say burr. thankfully I can just stay in the nice warm house. Just feel horrible for friends and family who have to work outside in this stuff.

I'd gladly take your 6 below! lol.
Kiethann Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, January 06, 2014 3:40:06 PM(UTC)
Kiethann

United States

Was thanked: 453 time(s) in 339 post(s)
We did not get as much snow as predicted, but the temp dropped down to -9 last night with windchill factor of -30. We did not even get out to the store today. Our dog had to go into her pen to do her business since today is trash day. Dh went out to get her and she was standing on top of her dog house. She whimpered the whole way into the house and curled up on her warm bed then went to sleep. DH said it was way to cold to be outside, he had been out earlier for only long enough to get the mail and his fingers were already numb.
married05 Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, January 06, 2014 7:23:16 PM(UTC)
married05

Was thanked: 232 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Not snowed in... but in because of the cold! Supposedly wind chills 30-40 below. Yikes! I'm a teacher, and we were off Monday and again Tuesday because of the cold. I'm glad - most of our kids walk to school and that could be dangerous. (I don't mind a couple of extra days of winter break either!)
angieknecht Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, January 06, 2014 8:05:51 PM(UTC)
angieknecht

Was thanked: 85 time(s) in 79 post(s)
i`m in the st.louis area too, and im running low on scrap supplies wonder if i could have the dog pull me to archivers on the sled, cars are buried
MJ Scrapper Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, January 06, 2014 8:32:39 PM(UTC)
MJ Scrapper

Was thanked: 69 time(s) in 41 post(s)
The kids have had a long Christmas break. They had a snow day the Friday before break and now they have a snow day today and tomorrow. We have lots of snow but it's the windchill (-40) that is keeping the kids out of school.

laurahunter Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, January 06, 2014 9:53:39 PM(UTC)
laurahunter

Was thanked: 289 time(s) in 271 post(s)
I feel like a whiner but it was 13 degrees when i took my oldest to the doctor this morning. i was shivering trying to pay the copay. I got home the furnace had been running all night, was just 63. Texans just don't deal well with this brutal weather.
Annabella Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 7:22:37 AM(UTC)
Annabella

United States

Was thanked: 624 time(s) in 509 post(s)
In the PA area we have the below zero weather and some snow. They canceled school yeaterday. I'm in my room PLAYING!!!

Great day to PLAY all day!!
CricketCMV Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, January 07, 2014 2:44:45 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 7566 time(s) in 4432 post(s)
It was -40 in Central and Northern Illinois (we live in Central)....so, we're so glad to be in Florida visiting our DS, DDIL and our DGS for a few weeks! It got down to 50 here and the wind is cold. We feel so fortunate. Our other two kids live in Northern Illinois, so they have been brutally cold. A lot of business are closed and the wind made 10" of snow (overnight the night before last) seem like 3' in Central Illinois. Our DSIL is a school teacher, so he hasn't gone to work the last few days; our DD, DS and DDIL all work in different companies and they have not worked, either.

I feel sorry for those who cannot have alternative ways to heat if something goes wrong with their initial heating capacities. Or, for those who use wood for the fire and did not have enough wood to pull through....as there is someone in that predicament whom I know right now.

We do have alternative when our electricity goes out, as we have two fireplaces in our home. BUT, we only have a small amount of firewood, so that might not have worked had we had problems with utilities and had we been home to experience those problems. So far, as a neighbor has told us, there have been no outages. Wonder what it will be like when we get home in a few weeks.

Char