Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

JoyceG Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 03, 2013 1:46:24 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 884 time(s) in 576 post(s)
Ok, Let me start by saying I have a black E that is almost 3 years old and I have been using CCR with it for over a year now with very few problems. So....

I got my refurbished pearl Expressions machine over the weekend and just found time last night to connect it to make sure it works with CCR. I unplugged the cable from the black E and plugged it into the pearl one. I clicked CUT and did as prompted and tried to update the firmware. It started part 1 but never finished. I left it 'working' over night and hoped it would be done this morning. well, it wasn't. Confused

So Shut it down and decided to see if it would cut from a cartridge. It cut out an image just fine but I want it to work with CCR because I LOVE CCR! So I started the update again and it's been 3 hours so far and it's still not done.

Anyone got any suggestions? It can't be my laptop because it works just fine with the black E.

Do any of you who have extra machine switch them and cut in CCR with them all? Do you have problems? I really need to get it working with CCR, other wise it will never get used.

Joyce

scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 03, 2013 2:41:23 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18423 time(s) in 8188 post(s)
I've read that some have had to update the firmware using Design Studio {the free trial version will work to do this}. Maybe call PC and see what CS recommends.
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
JoyceG on 12/3/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 03, 2013 2:42:10 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 7598 time(s) in 4447 post(s)
Joyce....don't know anything about this, but I would try a few things:

Unplug your newer machine (the one you're trying to update) from the computer.

Clear all HISTORY in TOOLS in IE....don't know for sure where you find it in other browsers, but go to all the menus until you find the HISTORY and clear all of it. Turn off you computer and/or turn off to restart.

Once you have rebooted, try plugging it in again and start the process all over again.

It could be that your history is showing your other CRICUT's information; maybe it just needs cleared out for your newer machine.

ALSO, I have always wondered if it makes a difference whether or not your CRICUT machine is registered at cricut.com. Don't think this would be an issue; but, if you have never registered it, you might do that, too, before trying to update your machine.

Probably NONE of this will help; but, I don't know what it can hurt to try.

OR, just call PC....they SHOULD be able to help you.

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
JoyceG on 12/3/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 03, 2013 2:43:57 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 7598 time(s) in 4447 post(s)
Yes....I had to update firmware on my Expression through CDS.....but, I'm not sure I went through CDS when I did the latest one (and, I did have trouble with that last update on my E and had to send it to PC to update it for me.....I don't think I did its last update using CDS).

Char
JoyceG Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 03, 2013 3:10:28 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
Joyce....don't know anything about this, but I would try a few things:

Unplug your newer machine (the one you're trying to update) from the computer.

Clear all HISTORY in TOOLS in IE....don't know for sure where you find it in other browsers, but go to all the menus until you find the HISTORY and clear all of it. Turn off you computer and/or turn off to restart.

Once you have rebooted, try plugging it in again and start the process all over again.

It could be that your history is showing your other CRICUT's information; maybe it just needs cleared out for your newer machine.

ALSO, I have always wondered if it makes a difference whether or not your CRICUT machine is registered at cricut.com. Don't think this would be an issue; but, if you have never registered it, you might do that, too, before trying to update your machine.

Probably NONE of this will help; but, I don't know what it can hurt to try.

OR, just call PC....they SHOULD be able to help you.

Char

I only use the laptop for my CCR with my cricut machine. I don't even use it to visit the message boards.

I tried to register the new machine but when I put in the sku, I get msg saying no such machine. PC put a new scan code over the original UPC code with new numbers and they aren't letting me register them. So I don't know how to register it. I'm gonna have to call them tomorrow when I have some free time.

I did keep plugging and unplugging the different cords and I finally got to part 3 of the update. YEAH!!! Things are looking up. Hopefully I will be reporting back in a little while that its done and cutting. Now I gotta go mop the kitchen. I'm trying to multitask..a little housework and a little cricut playing/work time.

Joyce

JoyceG Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, December 03, 2013 3:26:47 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Got the floors all mopped and the update is finished. I was able to cut out a welded name using my new machine in CCR!! I am such a happy gal right now!BigGrin

Joyce