Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123
DeeScraps Offline
#61 Posted : Thursday, November 28, 2013 8:13:10 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 706 time(s) in 538 post(s)
Just wanted to wish everyone a wonderful Thanks Giving. I love all the cards this week.

Dee
*NanaDonna* Online
#62 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 7:31:58 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2544 time(s) in 1319 post(s)
Good Morning ladies, hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving Day with family and friends.
We had a great dinner but very very small for us just 6 people.
I hope to have a bit of a down day today and get in my room to get my last 2 cards put together, they are 90% cut out just need to be assembled.

Everyone's card this week are fabulous as always.
 1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 11/30/2013(UTC)
Joyful Carol Offline
#63 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 1:53:06 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Was thanked: 661 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Another sketch #3. I am having fun on this day after Thanksgiving & no shopping!! Since I am finished with this card I believe I shall do some decorating for Christmas. I have already taken down my fall and Thanksgiving things and stored away for next year. My wonderful husband helped me bring in all of the Christmas things.
The coffee and roll came from Love You A Latte cartridge. The coffee was cut at 3 1/2" and the roll was cut at 1 1/2". I used some dies for the framing but I am sure you could find something similar on a cartridge. The card base was cut from the foundation cut on Sweethearts cartridge at 5".
Joyful Carol attached the following image(s):
coffee & sweet roll in blue & brown.jpg
 2 users thanked Joyful Carol for this useful post.
ssharp11d5c1f11b on 11/30/2013(UTC), ~JD~ on 12/2/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Online
#64 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 1:55:50 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Well I did get my cards done. I made two of sketch #1.
I tried for 3 days to make the card using my Imagine and the Santa's Village cartridge and was having trouble with getting it to print and cut, so meanwhile I started another one. CCR & the Imagine worked (I had my file too large Cursing )so I ended up making two which if fine, a couple to add to my Christmas card stash.

Here is the one I made using my Imagine all the papers were printed using the Santa Village cartridge and the present was print and cut also. I added some Crystal Effects to the ribbon & bow of the present and then pop dotted some of the layers. The sentiment is a CTMH stamp and I added a candy cane button.

Here is the second one, I used papers from last years CTMH Christmas paper. I love this paper pack and wish I would have ordered an extra packet. I used the matching rub ons to put on the center oval and then stamped the sentiment.

Now off to work on my last sample for next week and get some more Christmas cards made and ready to mail.
 2 users thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
Joyful Carol Offline
#65 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 2:08:23 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

NanaDonna- Very pretty cards for sketch #1. Your first one would go for the ad colors for the challenge as well! That was just the perfect ribbon for this Christmas card. I like the effect of the Crystal Effects on the ribbon & bow. Definitely a nice addition. When I look at the second one it would probably qualify for the colors for the challenge with pink added in. I think this one is my favorite of the two cards. Something about the colors is just very appealing to me. Love the rub on of the partridges in a tree. It does not seem to be a pear tree and there are two birds not one, but it still reminds me of the song! Happy crafting!
Joyful Carol Offline
#66 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2013 12:08:12 AM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Extra Credit #2 I used the racoon peeking around the tree from Campin' Critters. He was cut at 2 1/2" I cut the shift tag feature from page 49 of Campin' Critters to form the tag. I cut one at 3" and one at 3 1/2" and turned the shape upside down. I inked edges with a brown ink. I punched two colors of green grass with a punch. The top layer of grass & the racoon and tree are popped out with some foam squares. I finished it off with some green jewels.
Joyful Carol attached the following image(s):
Peeking racoon.jpg
 2 users thanked Joyful Carol for this useful post.
TurtleBug Offline
#67 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2013 2:37:48 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 905 time(s) in 576 post(s)
Hello Ladies,
I am finally getting a breather from the hectic past three days. Had a great time with family, lots of good food and fun time, hope everyone had a great time as well.
I am really behind on posting my comments…so here goes!

Dee
#2 – Very nice card for your DH. Love the colors and Jute bow. The vintage photo is very nice, is it from “A Proper Gentleman” also?
#3 & Ad Colors – Here is my favorite Di-Namic cut again, just LOVE it! Where can I buy it? This is too cute, the string of lights look so real as he tries his balancing act across it!

NanaDonna
#2 & Ad Colors – Very nice, like the tag and embossing. Perfect ad colors and patterns.
#3 & Ex. Credit – WOW! Great pattern paper and image cut, looks like they were bought together….perfect match! Very pretty.

~JD~
Thanks for all the nice comments you always post about our cards!

Britishgirl
#1 – Very pretty, looks so nice in just the red and white…very CAS card. Like the embossing and Santa image.
Hooray for you! Got them all made!
#2 – I am noticing a trending style of yours….very nice CAS cards. You are doing a great job on them. Love the color combo and the edging around the cardstock. The colors, ribbon with the matching Skittles and tag makes this a very nice male card.

BingoLady
#1 & Ad Colors – Perfect choice for the AC card sketch. Like the pattern paper with all the presents and stitched Holly, very nice.

Jacqui_Mo
So happy you continue to join in!
#2 & Ad Colors – Cute Christmas tree tag, like the placement of the sentiment in matching green ink. Very nice card.
#3 & Extra Credit – Very fun card, the belt border is such a creative idea, love it! And, thanks to the Extra Credit you have discovered a new Santa cut!

Joyful Carol
#3 - This is so very CUTE!! Your DH sounds like he might be my DH’s long lost twin! Never a dull moment with him…lots of laughter at our house too and when we get together with either side of the family it gets to be total madness with lots of fun and laughter! LOVE, LOVE this card, so much detail and the piñata and monkey are so cute. NanaDonna might want to scrap lift this one…her DH’s name is “Juan”! You did a great job on it.
#2 and Ex. Credit - That is what is so great about the Extra Credit Challenge…it pushes us to try new techniques and cuts we have never used before. I love browsing through my cartridge handbooks. I always find cuts I never knew were included. Like the card on it’s flipped side and the descending size gems and embossed Happy B’day are very nice. Cute little Critter, too!

Oh, Oh!! My DD and grandchildren just arrived to visit…will finish my comments later!
 1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
Joyful Carol on 12/3/2013(UTC)
jacquimo Offline
#68 Posted : Saturday, November 30, 2013 8:43:05 PM(UTC)
jacquimo

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 27 post(s)

Yeah I got sketch number 1 completed. Although there might not appear to be too much Cricut I cut all the rectangles on it after designing in the Cricut Craft Room. I can see how these challenges become addicting..! Thank you for all the nice comments. Blushing Thanks for looking.
 1 user thanked jacquimo for this useful post.
~JD~ on 12/2/2013(UTC)
Joyful Carol Offline
#69 Posted : Sunday, December 01, 2013 1:51:37 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

jacquimo- Your card came out great. The paper is very nice and goes beautifully with the cup. I know I have the same stamp set. I have not used it in quite some time. Maybe I need to get it out and make a beautiful card like you! So, glad you were able to join in on the fun and share your card with us.
Gisele Offline
#70 Posted : Sunday, December 01, 2013 4:39:36 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
I hope everyone celebrating Thanksgiving had a wonderful time with family and friends, no matter how many were gathered around the table! I had a busy weekend celebrating my DD 22nd birthday, getting ready for Christmas and some shopping too.

Here is my Sketch #1 - For the frame, I welded the four ticket shapes from CM Holiday Tags and Frames and the cardinal is from Teresa Collins December 25th.

Edited by user Sunday, December 01, 2013 4:41:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
~JD~ on 12/2/2013(UTC)
Gisele Offline
#71 Posted : Sunday, December 01, 2013 4:43:55 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Sketch #2 in the ad colours - Pretty pennants for banner and Teresa Collins Dec. 25th. I had a few old brads "Ho Ho Ho" which were the perfect finishing touch!

~JD~ on 12/2/2013(UTC)
Gisele Offline
#72 Posted : Sunday, December 01, 2013 4:45:46 PM(UTC)
Gisele

And now Sketch #3 in the ad colours too - CCR for the rectangle base and Teresa Collins for the Joy and frame.

~JD~ on 12/2/2013(UTC)
tigger2000 Offline
#73 Posted : Sunday, December 01, 2013 8:50:11 PM(UTC)
tigger2000

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Joyful Carol Go to Quoted Post
Here is another sketch #3 using the ad colors. It is also extra credit for I had never used the piñata or the monkey before. They were cut from Birthday Bash. The piñata was cut at 1" and the monkey at 2". I sewed down the middle of the green paper along the bottom (I did not have any dark green ribbon) I cut the rectangles out using some dies. I cut out two base cards from the Sweetheart cartridge at 5" The green one I just trimmed some off of the edge and rounded the corners. I embossed it with the honey comb folder and inked it in dark green. I cut a rectangle and embossed it with some dark green to place behind the piñata with some foam tape. I wanted that little piñata to dangle like a real piñata. "celebrate" is a stamp and I hand wrote Juan more year. This was my husband's idea for it is for a good friend of the family and Tim is always teasing him of being of Mexican decent.(We all call him John, but his mother named him Juan at birth)(You just need to know my husband to understand his humor. We laugh a lot at our house)

I absolutely love this card! You are very creative and resourceful by sewing on the green strip in the absence of ribbon. It looks very pretty so no ribbon needed in your case! I'm sure "Juan" is going to love it!BigGrin

Edited by user Sunday, December 01, 2013 8:51:09 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked tigger2000 for this useful post.
tigger2000 Offline
#74 Posted : Sunday, December 01, 2013 8:54:32 PM(UTC)
tigger2000

Was thanked: 52 time(s) in 46 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Gisele Go to Quoted Post
And now Sketch #3 in the ad colours too - CCR for the rectangle base and Teresa Collins for the Joy and frame.

Very pretty! I like how you used the patterned paper for the background ThumpUp Oh, and I went back to look more closely and noticed that the paper has glitter on it! Did you glitter it yourself or did it come like that?

Edited by user Sunday, December 01, 2013 8:56:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#75 Posted : Sunday, December 01, 2013 10:12:55 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Gisele
Very nice gift tags, they look store-bought but yours are more meaningful cause they are handmade with love. You are really on the ball ....already shopped, wrapped and ready to go!! Love the snow outside your windowWub. Nice you celebrated your DD B'day. How did she like the album you made for her?
#1 - Like the ticket frame, very unique idea. Your big, fluffy bow and Cardinal shilouette are so pretty.
#2 and Ad Colors - Love this card! Like how you did the banner wider and the Santa paper is very nice...the Brads worked perfect with it. Especially like the frame with the month and date on it.
#3 & ACs - Like the "Joy" frame with all the pearls around it and the very Christmasy BG pattern paper. Pretty card!

Kiethann
Glad you are doing much better and will be back with us soon. You have been missed!Smile

Hannah!!
So nice to hear from you and for your Thanksgiving message. You have been quite the BusyBee but glad you will be back with us soon. Never noticed before that you live in Canada. Have a niece up there, she lives all the way up Northeast, can't remember the name.

Joyful Carol
#3 - Nice interpretation of the sketch. The BG paper reminds me of wallpaper in a kitchen, perfect for coffee and a sweet roll! Like the colors and love that yummy sweetroll!!
#2 & Ex. Credit - How cute is he?! Like the way the black pops against the softer colors. Nice tip on how you made the tag, good idea. The clouds and birds add alot of dimension to the tag...cute card!

NanaDonna
#3 and Ad Colors - Everything is so coordinated, cute cane and tag. The present with the Crystal Effects looks like a Christmas pin and like how the embossing mimics the direction of the plaid paper pattern. Very nice!
Second #3 - Very pretty! Love the image, BG pattern and the soft ribbon finishes it off nicely.

jacquimo
#1 - Very nice, like the play on words for the sentiment. Like the color-combo....the colors of coffee and cream!Laugh

Edited by user Sunday, December 01, 2013 10:20:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
Gisele on 12/2/2013(UTC), Joyful Carol on 12/3/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#76 Posted : Sunday, December 01, 2013 10:33:29 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: Gisele Go to Quoted Post

TurtlebugI can host after Lisa (late January 29th to February 11th). Love your sketch #1 with the pretty vellum and embossing. I don’t see the diamond glaze in the photo! Love your Sketch #3 and extra credit – It is such a pretty wreath and bow! Sorry that the weather affected the craft show but it sounds like you enjoyed yourself! Great man card for Sketch #2 – the gears and dots work well together!

Gisele
Thanks so much for offering to take the January 29th to February 11th 2 week-slot.
The January 15th to January 28th 2 week-slot is open for anyone wanting to Host.

Thanks!Smile
Gisele Offline
#77 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2013 6:31:42 AM(UTC)
Gisele

Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post
Gisele
Thanks so much for offering to take the January 29th to February 11th 2 week-slot.
The January 15th to January 28th 2 week-slot is open for anyone wanting to Host.

Thanks!Smile

Hi Turtlebug,

I believe Lisa wanted to host Jan 15th to the 28th and that's why I picked the following 2 weeks. So we are probably good with hosting until mid-February BigGrin
Gisele Offline
#78 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2013 6:35:49 AM(UTC)
Gisele

Originally Posted by: tigger2000 Go to Quoted Post
Very pretty! I like how you used the patterned paper for the background ThumpUp Oh, and I went back to look more closely and noticed that the paper has glitter on it! Did you glitter it yourself or did it come like that?

Thanks Tigger for your comments! The patterned paper was like that so I didn't need to add anything. The paper is from Recollections Frosty Cabins stack available last year at Michaels.

Edited by user Monday, December 02, 2013 6:36:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

tigger2000 on 12/2/2013(UTC)
~JD~ Offline
#79 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2013 12:02:44 PM(UTC)
~JD~

United States

Was thanked: 1151 time(s) in 895 post(s)
Wow ladies, I'm loving all these beautiful cards, some great talent here..

TFS Janis
Joyful Carol Offline
#80 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2013 1:44:12 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Gisele- Out of your three cards this #1 is my favorite. I love the colors- so soft and yet vibrant with that beautiful red cardinal. I think it is great that it looks like a window. Lovely bow as well. I give you an A+++++++! Your #2 is very cute. The little Ho, HO, HO brads are just the perfect addition. I like the different sized numbers as well. I am not sure if I would have thought of doing that because I get so stuck in keeping everything exactly the same size. #3 Great background paper with glitter to add that extra special touch. I like that you rounded the corners. The best finishing addition were the little pearls around the frame. Joy and peace are two words that sum up the Christmas season! So glad you got to participate in this busy time of the year. You always bring great inspiration to us!

Edited by user Monday, December 02, 2013 1:45:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BingoLady Offline
#81 Posted : Tuesday, December 03, 2013 12:16:08 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 913 time(s) in 614 post(s)
Carol thankyou so much for hosting, with your wonderful sketches and all your
pretty cards.

Dee as always thankyou for the nice colors you give us to work with.

And to all of you ladies wonderful cards. The colors the decor you ladies use
your cards always come out beautiful.Cool Cool
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
Joyful Carol Offline
#82 Posted : Tuesday, December 03, 2013 12:46:31 PM(UTC)
Joyful Carol

Thank you ladies for making my first time hosting so easy. BigGrin You have done a great job on your cards and I hope I did not miss commenting on any of them. Looking forward to a new challenge for I still have several birthday cards to make for this month and even a few Christmas cards. I can not believe it is already December 3--I better get a move on all of the things I have to accomplish. Wink

Carol
*NanaDonna* Online
#83 Posted : Tuesday, December 03, 2013 5:09:36 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Thanks again Carol for hosting this challenge. Sorry I did not get to comment on each card but I did look at them all and there are some awesome ones.
Welcome to all the new people that joined in and hope you continue to play along with us.

I will be posting the new sketches and challenge later tonight.
TurtleBug Offline
#84 Posted : Tuesday, December 03, 2013 6:29:56 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Carol,
Thanks for Hosting this week, you did an awesome job. You were really on top of your comments everyday and even included some extra cards you made...Great job and sketches, looking forward to you Hosting again in the very near future!!

Dee,
Thanks for the Christmas Ad Color Challenge for the week...lots of Christmas cards this week....awesome!ThumpUp

Now on to see what NanaDonna has for us tomorrow...happy crafting!!Smile
ksqueenb Offline
#85 Posted : Wednesday, December 04, 2013 7:13:47 PM(UTC)
ksqueenb

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 262 time(s) in 188 post(s)
Ladies your cards are all wonderful. Even though the challenge is over I am going to post one that I did during this time that fits with one of the sketches. I was working on a swap and just got time to sit and look at tnhe board.

ksqueenb attached the following image(s):
IMG_4391.JPG
TurtleBug Offline
#86 Posted : Wednesday, December 04, 2013 7:24:03 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: ksqueenb Go to Quoted Post
Ladies your cards are all wonderful. Even though the challenge is over I am going to post one that I did during this time that fits with one of the sketches. I was working on a swap and just got time to sit and look at tnhe board.

ksqueenb,
Thanks for your nice comment to us! Your card is very pretty, the BG paper with the spiral Christmas trees and the layered frame give your card a very elegant look. Please join us for the 2-week challenge that just started today. NanaDonna has provided us some great sketches and DeeScraps has an awesome Ad Color Challenge to use in making them, if you wish.
Thanks!Smile