Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

GraceBaxter Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 5:22:13 PM(UTC)
GraceBaxter

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 322 time(s) in 156 post(s)
Can someone please tell me why the seasonal cartridge "SNOW FRIENDS" IS SELLING FOR $100.00, and that is the Black Friday SALE price? I can't even imagine spending that for a seasonal cartridge. What's going on?

At first I thought it had to be a typo because it was listed along with all the other sale winter carts. Then I did a search on other sites and saw it listed for even more than that!! This is getting crazy. Are people really willing to spend that on one little cartridge, when there are snowmen on several others? I see it as a big rip off and it makes me mad.

I might have to consider getting a different cutting system. Provocraft is out to lunch on this one. SERIOUSLY!
curious george II Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 8:22:05 PM(UTC)
curious george II

United States

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 61 post(s)
Hi Grace,

Normailly if a cartridge cost that much more than likely the cartridge has been retired and some other 3rd party is trying to sell the cartridge for way more than what Provo Craft is selling it for. The same idea as "Hello Kitty" and "Hello Kitty Font" the prices for a linked cartridge is outrageous. A good way to tell if a cartridge is not being sold by Provo Craft go to their site and try to find it if there is only a digital cartridge then more than like Provo has discontinued it and third parties are jacking up the prices.

Curious II
scrapalette Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, November 29, 2013 10:03:38 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18402 time(s) in 8177 post(s)
I've seen Snow Friends listed for even more than $100. As long as there are buyers willing to spend that much, there will be sellers willing to sell their cart for that price.

BTW: the digital Snow Friends, being sold by Provo Craft, is only $8.99. The cart was retired a long time ago and PC only has the digital version for sale, not the physical cart.
JoyceG Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, December 02, 2013 11:13:10 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 883 time(s) in 576 post(s)
People in other countries will pay big money for carts. But not me! I'm not rich and I can't even begin to think of spending that much for a cart that has just 10 images on it. I still can't bring myself to drop $80 or $90 (forget how much they are) for a CTMH cartridge. And that cart has over 700 images and worth the price..but my pocketbook keeps saying "NO, not yet!"

Joyce
~JD~ Online
#5 Posted : Tuesday, December 03, 2013 11:12:36 AM(UTC)
~JD~

United States

Was thanked: 1148 time(s) in 892 post(s)
OhMyGod I have that cart. & do not like it at all LOL. The little snowmen look like bald little old men. I've tried & tried to make cuts from that cart. & just can't get myself to like it.
So sad that someone would pay $100.00 for it, maybe I should sell mine LOL.Sneaky