Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

lucky4530d2e675cc Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 6:01:02 PM(UTC)
lucky4530d2e675cc

Groups: Registered

I have a project on CCR but everytime I try to hit cut, it says no usable devices. Expression is plugged into computer, up to date on firmware, and turned on. Antivirus is also turned off. Can anyone help me get it to cut?

TIA
oneontane15e2277 Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 6:28:34 PM(UTC)
oneontane15e2277

I am having trouble too. did you just update your Mac? I'm so frustrated. no answer from tech support either
curious george II Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, October 29, 2013 6:44:11 PM(UTC)
curious george II

United States

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 61 post(s)
FYI:

If you have updated your mac to the maverick version then neither ccr and cricut syc do not work with those versions as of yet.

Curious II
lucky4530d2e675cc Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 2:07:28 AM(UTC)
lucky4530d2e675cc

I have a PC and haven't updated. But what is so strange to me is that it will detect it to update firmware....GRRR!! I have a project I need printed in 2 1/2 weeks for my son's first birthday!!!
SherylRoberts749dd3e8ee Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 12:41:40 PM(UTC)
SherylRoberts749dd3e8ee

I'm having the same issue. Of course, that is if I can even sign on to CCR. I am on a PC and getting very frustrated.
SherylRoberts749dd3e8ee Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, October 30, 2013 12:54:17 PM(UTC)
SherylRoberts749dd3e8ee

lucky4530d2e675cc - Do you have Windows 8.1? I just read another thread that CCR isn't working with Windows 8.1. Which explains why everything was working just a few weeks ago, then suddenly stopped. It sounded like they are working on a work around, so I am hoping it is sooner, rather than later. Although I do have another computer that is running an earlier Windows version, so I will use that, instead.
PaolaLinke Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 4:09:09 AM(UTC)
PaolaLinke

I have the same problem!

I work with Windows XP, for so long a good going with machine and CCR, but now my laptop won't recognize my E2 and I get a error when I start CCR! Mad

When I'm not connecting the USB-cable in my laptop, CCR will start up normally!

A few weeks ago, I had done a update, and my E2 works fine! BigGrin

I get frustrated! Angry

Can you help me please?????
I have to make a lot of christmascards!!!!

Thank you in advance!!!!
ladynurse4f70ebccf Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2013 6:43:02 PM(UTC)
ladynurse4f70ebccf

I read in another post, (can't find it now) that the cords do not seem to work. I tried using my printer cable and it worked just fine. It detects the device and cuts. Whereas with the cable that came with the machine it did not detect the device. Your computer should make a sound when it detects the device. If you plug it in and have the machine turned on and it does not make a sound, then the device is not detected. Hope this helps.
BrendaHill1 Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2013 10:22:46 AM(UTC)
BrendaHill1

United States

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I've been having same problem and have found a "work around" fix (not perfect) until Provocraft can give us a better solution. I needed to complete project for sale and was running out of time. I will try to make sense of solution.

First I make sure my correct Cricut machine is selected in the CCR (I own several kinds.

After selecting "cut" in CCR, screen prompts to select device and the area on screen is all "blank". I click in first blank area of this section as if it lists my device details (although no machine is listed).

Next, I get screen to verify my settings and choose which "mat" I want to cut (my project has 10 mats).

Once, I select correct mat, I proceed to cut. This works until I have cut another mat.

When needing to cut different mat or different design, I have to exit and restart CCR and start this process all over again. Yes, this is very frustrating and time consuming. However, it is the only solution I have found to allow me to cut my designs. I also have the Gypsy, but E2 machine is not recognizing it. Good Luck!!!