Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

43 Pages«<2223242526>»
lv2scrap02 Offline
#691 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 6:00:02 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1229 time(s) in 952 post(s)
I have to say this was a nice day today Ms. Abigail is growing way too fast she now says grandma, grandpa, Max, Hello shush and geezzzz

Each day is something new and I am enjoying her more and more.

She went to the doctor for her shots and hr weight and he isn't concerned that she isn't eating well but today she ate a good breakfast and lunch. She gained weight which is a good thing.

I got my big order today from CTMH can't wait to start playing.

Funny thing yesterday my friend was getting interested in the Cricut seems several of her GF's have Cricut machines. After sitting in my craft room she was looking all around and said you could sell all this and be a very rich person LOL

I said I don't smoke, gamble or drink this is what I love and it is my hobby

My son in law hurt the heel of his foot and he just called me to tell me he will be off from work for 1 month and the next 2 weeks he has to be off of his feet!!!!

That means I baby sit 5 days a week for 2 weeks. I am sure my bowling team mates aren't going to be too happy.

Hi Sharon... sure hope you find out what is going on and get some relief

Hi Bingo lady.. good luck tonight

Sandra... nice to hear mom is doing well. Hmmmm another trip to M's enjoy scrapbooking your
DH retirement

Shelly you are welcome enjoy it. the cart will be mailed on Sat. I want to thank all you gals for keeping this chat site going
BigGrin

Sounds like some cute photos the one with the falling leaves sounds really cute.

Well hoping everyone has a good evening/day
NJsharon Offline
#692 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 6:06:21 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 395 time(s) in 236 post(s)
Hope you win big Bingolady!!!!

Monday is my regular bingo night (at a Catholic church), then the first Thursday of the month too (at a local Elks lodge). I do enjoy my bingo & hanging out with my 'bingo buddies'!

I actually pulled out & used my 'other machine' today as I needed to cut a guitar shape for one of my girls for homework. It was very funny as I couldn't remember how to get the image from my library to the mat! I haven't used either that machine or my cricut in sooo long!

SandraB. Offline
#693 Posted : Thursday, November 14, 2013 7:25:57 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 240 time(s) in 204 post(s)
I'm so glad I'm finally home for the evening. Crazy day at school as 2 of our 3 teachers are away on an overnight trip with a group of students then a few errands after school which took me from one end of town to the other. Ended up at M's but no luck finding any papers, so will just make use of what I have. Did find some stickers that I had bought though so maybe that's what I was thinking about.

Nancy: the little ones sure do grow up fast don't they? I chuckled when I read what your gf said about your craftroom. I've heard that a time or two alsoLOL! Have fun playing with your new stuff. Make sure you show us what you make with them. Hope your sil's heel heals quickly.

Shelly: congrats on booking a cruise. I'm sure there will be some really cute pics of your grandbabiesBigGrin

Sharon: too funny about you forgetting how to use your "other machine", I guess it's time you get back too crafting!

BingoLady: good luck at bingo tonite.

Thankfully, tomorrow is Friday...hope I make it through! Our weather is supposed to turn nasty tomorrow afternoon, was quite pleasant today. It could stay like this all winter as far as I'm concerned.

Take care everyone, happy craftingBigGrin BigGrin
NJsharon Offline
#694 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 6:05:57 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Got photos back of my girls, from a Christmas photo mini session.
A couple of you may have seen these on FB. But for those who haven't, I just had to show off!

And my favorite one...

joyfullycrafting Offline
#695 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 6:15:53 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1392 time(s) in 1102 post(s)
Hi all. We made it home. It is COLD! This will be a hard adjustment. And we might have a few snowflakes tomorrow. The dogs were so excited!!!

I have done a little reading, but not much. We hit the front door running, and I am exhausted. The past two nights have been very short, not enough sleep.

As soon as we got home we ran to O town (where we do everything) and picked up DH's new ipad. He is trying to get it set up. It is for "work." It is through the credit union board that he is on.

SandraB. Offline
#696 Posted : Friday, November 15, 2013 7:27:33 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

well made it through the day! Finally it's Friday...why do short weeks always seem so long?

Sharon: TFS the photos of your girls, they're lovely photos and your girls are adorable. Are you still working at the school? or daycare I forget which it was.

Joy: glad you made it home safely, hope you get caught up on your rest this w/end. Hope you had a nice trip.

We are supposed to get hit with a snow storm this w/end and of course we have to go out of town on Sun. for Troy's bowling tour.Cursing! Tomorrow nite another hockey game but at least it's here so just a short drive.

Got an order in from Scrapbook.com so have to go check it outBigGrin!

Hope everyone has a great w/end, have fun craftingBigGrin BigGrin
lv2scrap02 Offline
#697 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 7:33:19 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Hi Girls,

Sharon... the girls photos were so pretty I can't believe how fast they are growingBigGrin

Joy...Welcome back time to unpack put your feet up and relax a bit..

Sandra... you are always on the go don't know how you find the time to craft enjoy your new goodies.

Thursday on HSN was Craft day with Martha S and Anna Griffith boy was I good bought noting DH was in shock!!! LOL

I got a big order from CTMH lots of new stamp sets some really cute Santa stamps that remind me of when I was a child that ole fashion theme. Lots of cardstock and paper. Also the card kit Work Shop On The Go really nice kit.

Loving that Chantilly cardstock so pretty.

I have a lot on my plate craft wise my son in law wants another accordion book of Abigail so does my DD. So hoping to do that on Sunday DH has a GRR meeting so he should be gone most of the morning.

Have lots of photos to start scrapbooking just off my Cell phone I printed up 61 photos not including the ones I just had developed from my camera. My DD and sil took Abby pumpkin picking 3 weeks in a row and the pictures are all so cute. We have her picking up a hugh pumpkin she is one strong little girl.
Want to make a big pot of home made chicken soup today also getting company tonight so should be a late night

Woke up to DH polishing all the wooden cabinets in the kitchen, wiping down the counters he got up 5 am couldn't fall back to sleep so decided to clean!!!! Wow was I happy he just finished vacuuming now running to the PO for me to mail Shelly's package. What a guyBigGrin

Have a great day all BigGrin BigGrin
joyfullycrafting Offline
#698 Posted : Saturday, November 16, 2013 3:17:31 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

I think we hit port running. Jill had a list of work for us as soon as we got to her house. Our flight left at 7 a.m. from LAX and security was LONG. It went at least 150 yards OUTSIDE! Whew.

And as soon as we got home, we were busy. Got the ipad, came home, went to a Christmas open house at our local flower shop with Megan, the grocery store, got dinner, and I was ready to drop.

This morning was worship team practice, then to Wally's for necessities. I left all of my extra shampoo at Jill's!

I am doing Christmas cards the easy way this year. We bought three portraits on the ship, and I am having cards made at Costco from one of them. Just got them ordered. I love making my own cards, but this certainly will save bunches of time.

I did get all of the suitcases unpacked and put away. Just laundery left.
AlyaMama Offline
#699 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2013 3:26:37 AM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Hello all- You're all so busy.

Nancy is the accordian book a kit? I know you told us how to do awhile ago. That's funny what your GF said about your craft haven. People are shocked when they see my carft studio. I wish I could bring myself to use my stuff. I just love it all so much.

Joy glad you made it back, now go relax and take it easy.

Bingo Lady- hope you had fun at bingo.

Shelly I want to get a family picture taken but we seem to never have the time. Before we left for Jordan, my mom and dad had family pictures taken with my 2 sisters and thier families. That was 5 yeas ago. Since then there have been 3 more grandchildren born. Unfortuantly, we will probably never have another whole family picture taken, my 1 sisters lives in a different state than my parents and my other sister and well, we live overseas.

Sandra stay warm. Our weather has been pertty good so far. Not too cold, I like it like this. Your scrapbook page looked great.

Next Monday, I'm having freinds over for Thanksgiving lunch. I'm making the turkey. They're bringing the sides. Should be fun. Then Jamal decided we should have Thanksgiving with his family on Thanksgiving. So this would be the HUGE turkey dinner I cook for them. About 50 people. This year I'm cooking 3 turkeys. 2 in my oven and 1 in my SIL oven. Wish me luck.

I got out of my crafting lump finally. I'm decorating some wood blocks to sell at the holiday bazzar. I have a long list of things I want to make just can't find the time. I think I need to stop going to playgroups and seeing my friends.

Better get back to the blocks. I'll post pics when I'm done.
NJsharon Offline
#700 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2013 2:40:15 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Had a fun weekend at twin club convention in Bridgewater NJ. Lots of laughs!

Thanks for the comments on the girls photos. I am really happy with them.

I am working back at a public school now. I was meant to start working at a daycare (Goddard School) but I thankfully got offered a job back at the public school. I wasn't liking the looong hours at the daycare!

So tired now, so will be an early night for me.

Anyone going to be getting up early on Black Friday to do shopping?!!
The only thing I might want to get is some DVDs for cheap from Walmart. Possibly a new bike for the girls from there too.

lv2scrap02 Offline
#701 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2013 4:06:12 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Hi Girls,

Angie always nice to hear from you. I remember last Thanksgiving you cooked for 50 people
Good Luck this year but the 3 turkey's is a good idea and nice you are getting a little help.

Sharon... glad you enjoyed the twins convention that had to be fun. Oh you must be happy working at the public school.

I don't do Black Fridays in fact I did a lot of shopping today Abigail is all done. My DD wanted a recliner so I put a deposit on that my son in law a Entertainment unit deposit on that. My DH grand kids their parents asked for gift cards although I will still get them something to open on Christmas morning, rather then just gift cards.

My Dh is getting Gift Cards to his favorite Home Depot and Lowes he lives there practely and a wallet.

I had such good intentions today it was going to be a craft day and it just didn't happen. Our company came at 7:30pm last night and I made snacks and then later on served dessert and coffee. Late night.

Got up this morning beautiful warm day perfect for gift shopping. Supposed to be warm tomorrow happy about thatBigGrin

Angie... I bought Abigail her first set of Legos Mickey and Minnie Mouse seems to be her favorite characters right now along with Barney.

Well that is it for now hoping everyone had a great weekend

joyfullycrafting Offline
#702 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2013 4:59:55 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Nancy, you are amazing! I can't believe that you have most of your Christmas shopping done!!! I only have done what I did in Alaska. BigGrin

Sharon, your pictures are so cute. Laugh Your girls are adorable.

Angie, hope your dinners both go well. That is a lot of people to cook for. Whew!

My SIL called yesterday (DH's brother's wife) and invited all of MY family to their house on Thanksgiving. Wasn't that sweet of her??? She really does not have much of a family around. So we are all going to their house. We all take food.

Sandra, did your snowstorm hit?

Shelly, another cruise!!! SO EXCITING! But you already know we like to cruise. LOL We would really like to a 28 day LA to LA round trip that goes to Hawaii, Tahiti, Samoa, and a couple of other places. Maybe next fall.

Went to lunch after church at a friend's house. Had a nice afternoon. But I would really like to be at home one of these days. I have only gotten one load of laundry done since we got back.
SandraB. Offline
#703 Posted : Sunday, November 17, 2013 7:56:05 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Boy, did we get the snow this w/end! It started Fri., evening and finally stopped last nite. A neighbour down the way came down with his snowblower and did our drive way. I was so happy as we don't hardly even know this fellow...met him a couple of times at our next door neighbours'. We got at least a foot of snow. After he was finished, Troy and I went and picked up what was left, and then we did it all again today. We didn't go to his tournament after all...our coach decided it wasn't worth it as it was about 1 1/2 hours away and the highways were bad. So it ended up a quiet w/end...did groceries and visited an old neighbour this afternoon and a hockey game last nite.

Nancy: I have bought a few things for Christmas...waiting for lists from the kids. Good luck with the accordian books, look forward to seeing them. I've never tried doing one of those before

Joy: So far I've been making most of my cards on the Cricut. Your sil is very sweet inviting all of you for Thanksgiving, enjoy. Hope you get some rest by then

Angie: Wow! a dinner for 50 people plus the dinner for your friends. That's a load of cooking, glad you are getting some help. Happy to hear you are out of your crafting slump...look forward to seeing the blocks.

Sharon: glad you are happy with your job at the school, what grade are you in this year? Glad you had fun at your convention. Not much for Black Friday up here, though we are getting more American based stores around.

Back to work tomorrow...hopefully no more snow for a bit
Take care everyone, happy crafting
Shelly Offline
#704 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 10:31:54 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 282 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Hi everyone!!

Nancy - I'm jealous of you having your shopping done! I know what I'm getting my son, which is amazing as he is very hard and I made one daughter an afghan. I have a few things for the grandkids. All of the stuff for Ben, I need to get busy and sew. He likes Toy Story, so I have some flannel to make PJs, material for a pillowcase and fleece for a blanket I need to finish the edges somehow.

Angie - Wow! That's a lot of people to cook for! Hope you get lots of help. Very nice of you to do! I stress cooking for my family which would be 15 this year. Never seems to be all done at the same time. Glad you are out of your crafting slump!

Joy - we keep looking at that 28 day cruise! But it won't be possible until DH retires at least. Nice you get to go to your SILs for Thanksgiving. Hope things settle down for you for a bit. How have your cards been selling?

Sandra - That's ALOT of snow!! We were supposed to get snow on Saturday, but we just saw some mixed with rain at our house. it did hit the mountains though, which is where we need it. Hope your snow is gone for awhile and your work week goes by FAST!

Sharon - Your girls are so cute! Love the pictures. Glad you are liking your job. Hope your meds are helping you feel better!

Hoping for a quiet day with no kids or grandkids dropping by. Saturday, I watched my Kadin since his parents were working (starting at 6:30 a.m.) and then my other daughter and her kids came by at 9:30 and Kadin's mom came to pick him up and then another daughter came by. No one left until 7 p.m.! Then my daughter wanted to know if I would watch her kids for the rest of the evening while they went to a movie and dinner. I shocked DH as I told them no, we had plans for the evening. DH had meetings every night this week and then I was gone all day and evening Friday, so I wanted to see him. We just went out to dinner and grocery shopping, but after all day with all the grandkids, I decided I was done. Not sure if my DD is upset with me or not, but I usually tend for her so I think once in a while I can say no.

Have a great day everyone!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#705 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 10:45:38 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Good Morning. The sun is shining, but it is COLD outside.

Shelly, we always would ask our parents first, but we always told them it was just fine to say NO. We asked because they like to watch the girls, but it certainly wasn't necessary. Unless we were going out of town. Which was always for school. Then we kind of said, we NEED you these days. Which was fine with the parents as they knew that we really NEEDED the child care then.

I have sold one card. Wohoo. This store has only been open for two weeks. I hate to be a downer, but I can't see it lasting for very long. There is just not enough population in our area to support anything like this, and it is in a really out of the way place.

I am hoping to get started on my new Pendleton wool dress coat some time late this week or early next week. I still need to get lining, but I can go ahead and get the wool part cut out.

Sandra, I DON'T envy your snow. It is pretty, for a while, but then it gets brown and frozen and yucky. And cold. LOL
BingoLady Offline
#706 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 1:48:08 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 915 time(s) in 615 post(s)
A big hello to all of you nice ladies.

I'm so glad all of you are doing fine, Sharon the girls are so pretty.
So nice to hear some of you are getting your Xmas shoping done.
In a bit I will be making my Tortillas. Next month I will make my Tamales for Xmas.
Thier is so much work making them, but All the kids look forward for Tamales.
Take care and lots of love to all of you.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#707 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 1:57:41 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

BingoLady, someday I want to learn how to make tamales! The friend we went on the cruise with makes them every now and then.
NJsharon Offline
#708 Posted : Monday, November 18, 2013 8:24:04 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Sandra, I'm an aide in 2nd grade primarily this year. From 8.45am-11.25am I am with them, which I love! Then 11.25am-12.15pm I am with 5th grade. There isn't as much to do with the 5th grade kids, so I really enjoy the younger 2nd grade kids more.

There are 4 children in the 2nd grade class with IEPs, so I am there for all of those 4 kids. I really love the job!

Had my regular bingo night tonight. Didn't win... of course! I haven't won at bingo for several months now. But we still have fun going & chatting/socializing!

I am not envious of the snow either. All though my girls would love a really good snowstorm, so they could miss school & play outside instead. But like Joy said, it is pretty at first, then it just becomes a nuisance!

Got our Christmas cards printed out today! I am on it early this year! I got them from Walmart & they came out super cute. Happy with them. I always make some cards, but normally send out photo cards to most people.

DebbieScraps Offline
#709 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7:27:39 AM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 161 post(s)
Hi everyone, remember me LOL. Life is as hectic as ever, have picked up some extra shifts at work which has been really busy and with spending so much time on the computer at work, the last thing I want to do is go on the computer at home. I have been trying to do some layouts of wedding photos but just seem to lack motivation at the moment. It has been really hot here which does not help matters. Will try and get back here to chat soon.
Shelly Offline
#710 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 10:03:11 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 282 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Good morning!

I actually got to make a card yesterday! I don't know why, but it sure takes me a long time to make a card! At the rate I'm going I won't get enough Christmas cards made. I should make several of the same one, but I like to make lots of different ones which I guess is why it takes me so long, because I just keep tweeking it. May have to give up on a lot of different ones and make lots of just one or two different ones.

Nancy - I got the cartridge in the mail yesterday! THANK YOU!! Looks like it will be lots of fun! You are so sweet to do this!

Off this morning to go see if I can get some gluten free things for Thanksgiving today, instead of ordering it and picking it up in the madhouse next week. There is a store that only sells GF food I go to this time of year to get pie shells and rolls and bread cubes. Not doing Thanksgiving on Thanksgiving this year. My married kids are going to in-laws this year and so we are going out, but my daughter that is GF won't get to eat any pie, rolls, or stuffing because her in-laws don't do that for her. So I guess on Sunday I will make a GF dinner and have everyone over. It is REALLY expensive, so I was hoping to not do it this year, but she has guilted me into it and my husband talked me into it. A year off would have been so nice.

Gloomy day here. Supposed to be some rain. Storms coming for the net few days, not sure if we will get any snow out of it or not, plus I don't believe the weather guy anymore. Will get more snow in the mountains though.

Have a great day!
NJsharon Offline
#711 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 3:46:07 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Well my poor Emily (the blondie) is sick today. She was dizzy this morning & had a sore throat, so kept her home. Now she has a mild fever (100.8) & threw up when she tried to eat some rice. :(

I had to go out this afternoon to a focus group, so hubby stayed home with her. Then called up to see if I could get her into the Dr, but nothing until tomorrow morning at 10am. So that is when she will go in.

I may stay home tomorrow to take her into the pediatricians. I stayed home today from work as Paul had to run errands this morning & could not have left Emily home alone (she is only 8 1/2yrs old).

Otherwise not much going on here. Need to start making a list of ingredients to buy for Thanksgiving meal. Do you all cook at home or go to family or friends or eat out somewhere?

lv2scrap02 Offline
#712 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 5:16:42 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Sharon... hope Emily feels better soon. Seems like this stomach virus is going all around.

The last 2 years we have been going to my husbands sister house also my DD and family.
Then Christmas everyone comes to me. Funny thing is my DH and my DD and family don't care too much for sil cooking so then I have to make a Thanksgiving dinner week later at my house with my stuffing and all the trimmings. So it isn't like I am getting out of cooking it is just 4 of us and Abigail so not too bad.

Shelly.. glad you finally got a card done LOL I usually make 90 of the same cards but this past year I was going to SU Card classes and we made a variety of different cards over the past months so I will send them out. Also played around with CTMH Work shop on the go nice kit plenty of cardstock left over. Cut all the cardstock so just need to stamp the images and adhere to the cards. Enjoy the cartridgeBigGrin

GF is so expensive I feel for you. A couple of my friends thought if they ate GF they would lose the weight ( none of them should be GF) and they didn't lose anything.

Debbie.. nice to hear from you hope the weather doesn't get too hot for you. We had a beautiful day here today

Sandra.. hope the weather gets better for you

Joy... I can't even imagine being on a cruise for 28 days. I barely can take 8 days.

Today Abigail and I went to the Library for Toddler Play time she had so much fun it was nice to talk to other care givers (grandma's) so we will go next week. They had a Hugh room filled with every toy you could think of .

The weather was so nice yesterday and today a bit windy but no too bad. Wed. it is supposed to be cold but I will be home with Abigail.

Well hoping everyone has a good evening/dayBigGrin
joyfullycrafting Offline
#713 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 5:37:56 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Good Evening. I hope you all had a good day!

Had an appointment in Boise today, then on our way home we stopped at Lowe's across the freeway from Costco, and ended up buying a new frig. Ours is OK, probably 20 years old, and the water to the icemaker broke a couple of years ago. The water works, but no ice. We got a floor model with a little dent for a great price, the french door with a freezer at the bottom kind. It should be delivered Thursday.

Picked up our Christmas cards from Costco. This will be, I think, the second time in around 15 years that I have not made cards.

We have some friends that have decided to join us on our liittle six day cruise in January. Not the ones we usually cruise with. It should be interesting. They are a unique couple. Very very nice, but unique.

Tried to do some Christmas shopping at Costco, but they did not have what I was looking for.

Our regular cruise friends will be here shortly to play cards. I think we talk more than we play! We sometimes forget whose turn it is.
SandraB. Offline
#714 Posted : Tuesday, November 19, 2013 7:27:22 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

another snow storm blew threw here yesterday...started in the afternoon and lasted until late in the nite. More snow=more shovelling, though the sweet neighbour boy came and shovelled for us yesterday afternoon. DH got home when he was about 1/2 done so helped him finish. I can't believe this family...they come and do stuff like this for us all the time and expect nothing in returnBigGrin! With the windchill it is supposed to get quite cold tonite and tomorrow, possibly more snow.

Joy: glad you got your new fridge. Have fun with your card group. Good luck with your coat.

Shelly: glad you were able to get a card made. I wouldn't feel bad about saying no to your dd once in awhile for babysitting. Hope you got all your GF things today for your dinner. Our snow is here to stay now until spring.

Nancy: glad Abigail had fun at her playgroup.

Sharon: sorry to hear your little one is sick, lots of that going around here. Hope she feels better soon.. Glad you are enjoying your job. I'm in a grade 7 class this year, primarily with one guy though there are 2 other on IPP's.

Debbie: nice to see you again. Hope you get onto some wedding layouts soon when your work slows down

BingoLady: I've never tried making tortillas or tamales...wouldn't even know where to start.

Was supposed to meet with a couple of friends after supper last nite, then got reminded of meeting I needed to attend so I met with my friends after school as tonite was supposed to be bowling. On the way to the meeting I found out that bowling was cancelled due to the weather, so instead of rushing home to get ready for bowling my van headed to M's. Picked up some fancy yarn to make scarf. Hopefully, the rest of the week will be quieter.

Take care everyone, happy craftingBigGrin BigGrin
NJsharon Offline
#715 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2013 6:29:42 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Angie... do you do Thanksgiving for your family still? I think you said you did, but couldn't remember?

Well woke up & now Elise is also under the weather a bit. She has a slightly sore throat & a slight earache. But was crying as she wants to go to school. As I already have a Dr appt for Emily though, I am taking them both. If Elise just has an ear infection or sore throat (something not contagious), then she will be going into school after the Dr appt. Emily will be staying home as she had a fever last night & threw up yesterday.

I really want to start decorating for Christmas, but waiting until the day after Thanksgiving! I can't wait!

Joy, I am so jealous you have another cruise booked. I am hoping to do one next year with the family, it has been a while since we all went on a cruise together. I miss it! It's my favorite kind of vacation.

Sandra, sorry about all the snow & the cold spell. Very cold here today too. High of 44 today & only 31 degrees right now. Brrrrrr. Will have to bundle up when we all go to the Dr this morning.

NJsharon Offline
#716 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2013 12:00:46 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Well verdict is in & both my girls have strep throat, so will be staying home today & tomorrow. Amoxicillin & back to school on Friday the Dr said. Elise was very sad about that, she wanted to go to school!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#717 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2013 1:49:39 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Sharon, so sorry your girls have strep. At least they both have it at the same time, instead of spreading it out!

On Sandra, I just can't imagine all of that snow this early. I do like some snow,but I am glad that we don't get bunches of it.

Our frig is supposed to delivered tomorrow, so first thing in the morning, I will empty ours and we will move it outside.

And Sandra, I would to see your scarf when you are done with it!

I got some cotton yarn at Wally's today to make Christmas dishcloths to hand out after Thanksgiving dinner. SOMEONE thought he should take a skein and run all over the yard, dragging it behind him. This was right after we caught him eating a candle. I still don't know where he came up with the candle. Lincoln is on a roll this afternoon.

We took a bag of clothing to the thrift store we always take things too. I went in and wandered, and come out with Christmas dishes! I have always wanted some, but never wanted to pay for them. I got three plates and four bowls (I am fine with only three plates - there are only two of us!). They were 65 cents each, but I had a punch card, so only paid 55 cents for everything!!!! My buy of the day. BigGrin
lv2scrap02 Offline
#718 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2013 5:21:47 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Hi girls,

Sharon... whenever one has it you know the other will get it too, hoping they feel better soon.

Sandra... wheeee sure getting hit with as lot of bad weather

Joy.. good luck with your new fridge

the weather here is getting colder Abigail wasn't too happy having to put her Minnie Mouse Mittens on kept crying for her mommy LOL at least we did get her to wear the Minnie hat not too happy with mittens

It seemed strange not to go bowling today now mixed up with my days since I had Abigail today.
Hoping son in law gets the ok to start walking again

Well off to craft

Have a good night/day
JeanneLee Offline
#719 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2013 6:16:53 PM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Hi ladies, I apologize for falling off posting here.

Not been getting much crafting done. Finished football season a
few weeks ago...they finished with 7 wins and 2 losses...
their best season in 8 yrs!The football banquet was past Monday,
so the season is officially over till the spring when training starts back up!

My Cricuts have been collecting dust, but I will be using them
the next few days to cut numbers and Christmas images for a desk top Advent calender
for my Sunday School class to put together this weekend.
Last year we did the Advent using a metal cookie sheet idea I saw on Pinterest, but this year funds are tight so just going with paper and lots of stuff from my stash.

Sharon
, great to hear from you and see how big your DDs have become! Hope they are feeling better soon!

SandraB. Offline
#720 Posted : Wednesday, November 20, 2013 7:34:11 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

boy did the cold hit us last nite...dropped to -30C went up to about -20C for a high. Another cold nite tonite but is supposed to rise to 0 by the w/end but there's more snow on the way. We'll see!

Sharon: hope the girls feel better soon, Strep throat is no fun

Nancy: I'm sure Abigail will get used to wearing her mitts soon.

Joy: Lincoln must be related to our cats in some way, they just love dragging my yarn around. What a nice idea to hand out dishcloths after Thanksgiving dinner. How many do you have to make?

JeanneLee: nice to hear from you again. Congrats to your son and his team on a great season. Good luck cutting out your numbers and images for your calendars. How many are you making?

Have a couple of birthday cards to get made for the w/end., a friend's 60th on Sat. and sil's on Sun.

Take care everyone, happy craftingBigGrin